Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9275683 08/30/13 10:47 PM
SGIBSON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
McCall........the Okie Div. is off limits to all Tx fisherman.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276150 08/31/13 01:52 AM
Tejasbasshunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mark McWha
We had Texoma on the schedule in the 50 boat years.

YAWN - Smoke & Mirrors-

Same year on Texoma - (5) SE Texas boats, (ZERO) LA boats out of 58 in the event

Same year on Texoma (2 day) - (5) SE Texas boats, (ZERO)
LA boats out of 63 in the event

Originally Posted By: Tejasbasshunter
We tried Cedar Creek in May 2009 and had 45 boats.

3 boats from SE Texas - 0 boats from LA at Cedar Creek

Same year on Rayburn - 10 boats from DFW/North Texas out of 57 in the event

Same year on T-Bend - 8 boats from DFW/North Texas out of 60 in the event

2013 Texas TBF State Champion

TFF Pledge-"Boom-Boom"
Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276261 08/31/13 02:21 AM
M
Mark McWha Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
M
That year if it wasn't for Arkansas guys fishing it to qualify for the DeGray regional, there would've only been 35 boats.

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276282 08/31/13 02:28 AM
Tejasbasshunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
So is that a North Texas, Southeast Texas, Louisiana or all of the above issue?

That year if it wasn't for Arkansas guys fishing it to qualify for the DeGray regional, there would've only been 35 boats.

TFF Pledge-"Boom-Boom"
Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276288 08/31/13 02:30 AM
R
RMOROTT21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Mark no reason to explain to this guy he prolly never fished them when yall put them on up here

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: RMOROTT21] #9276298 08/31/13 02:34 AM
Tejasbasshunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Yes - crawl under a rock

RMORott - I will not particpate until I feel it is not stacked towards the SE Texas/LA individuals.

My money is green - if the BFL wants any they will change their ways otherwise I will make the All American through the TBF

Originally Posted By: RMOROTT21
Mark no reason to explain to this guy he prolly never fished them when yall put them on up here

TFF Pledge-"Boom-Boom"
Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276315 08/31/13 02:39 AM
M
Mark McWha Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
M
Ryan, I'm not arguing with him. I certainly realize there are dozens of great lakes in Texas to choose from. We've tried several different combinations. I'm always open to suggestions, and I have participation numbers,results and all kinds of information that I look when scheduling. He's just voicing his opinion and I do appreciate ALL input I get from anglers whether they are our customers or not. Thanks again to all anglers that voiced opinions.

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: RMOROTT21] #9276354 08/31/13 02:48 AM
C
COHLMEYER Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

EXACTLY!!!!!

I'm not sure why these guys think they will fish the BFL, make the regional, then the all American, then the CUP. All while not having to drive more than 3 hours from home.

I find this extremely comical.

IF . And that's a big if , all of the tournaments in the BFl were in DFw and not a mile outside the limits, and you just so happen to qualify for the regional, and your good enough to make the all American (don't forget top 6 only) . And you drive or fly or teleport, however you want to get there, cuz you won't drive that far, to fish NickaJack (this years all american location, just for the point) against 10 guys who are considered Locals to the "river"... WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE???? They are going to rake you over the coals just like Dickey Newberry would have had the circuit just went to Rayburn and TBend. Why not get the butt whoopin over with early on?

You are going to have to branch out and become great on every lake in the country if you are truly trying to pursue the big time or make a name for yourself in the FLw circuits, the circuit coming to your home town for 4 tournaments in a row, or to prove your next point 2 of the 4, won't matter, your not gonna do a thing after that anyway...

I would like to see if you have ever fished the BFL when they can to cedar creek, texoma etc... We're you there? They gave you a shot, did you take advantage? 3 years ago the regional was right in our back yard here at texoma... Sounds like a good opportunity to make the all American.. Did you take advantage?

I don't want to answer my own question so please feel free.

soap

Sorry, I just don't think Mark has much defending to do, as it is not warranted.
You boys sign a petition that 150 of DFW finest would indeed fish the BFL should they bring it closer to the Metromess, I bet they would gladly entertain the idea... Until then, we will fish TBend, Rayburn and the red whole everyone else whines

Man I love this forum!!!!

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: COHLMEYER] #9276398 08/31/13 03:04 AM
Tejasbasshunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I will say I have NEVER fished a BFL event - Was not my gig in 2009.

I have qualified through the TBF for regionals on Lake Truman for the TBF national championship on Nickajack and finsihed 2nd qualifiying for the All Amerian on Cross Lake in LA in 2011. (BTW all those lakes are over 3 hours away)

Traveling is not a issue with me when it is not stacked towards a spacific area.

When was the last time SE texas/LA had a 150 boat field?????

Not all the events need to be in NTX but they all dont need to be in SETX either.

The BFL is a great tour but it is short sighted in my opinion by focsuing on a specific region of Texas. As long as they focus on that area the BFL will never grow in what is the biggest market in bass fishing. That is why BASS Federations rule in Texas along with other trails that have more to offer and do not alienate themselves geographically..

Originally Posted By: ADogNamedCatfish

EXACTLY!!!!!

I'm not sure why these guys think they will fish the BFL, make the regional, then the all American, then the CUP. All while not having to drive more than 3 hours from home.

IF . And that's a big if , all of the tournaments in the BFl were in DFw and not a mile outside the limits, and you just so happen to qualify for the regional, and your good enough to make the all American (don't forget top 6 only) . And you drive or fly or teleport, however you want to get there, cuz you won't drive that far, to fish NickaJack (this years all american location, just for the point) against 10 guys who are considered Locals to the "river"... WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE???? They are going to rake you over the coals just like Dickey Newberry would have had the circuit just went to Rayburn and TBend. Why not get the butt whoopin over with early on?

You are going to have to branch out and become great on every lake in the country if you are truly trying to pursue the big time or make a name for yourself in the FLw circuits, the circuit coming to your home town for 4 tournaments in a row, or to prove your next point 2 of the 4, won't matter, your not gonna do a thing after that anyway...

I would like to see if you have ever fished the BFL when they can to cedar creek, texoma etc... We're you there? They gave you a shot, did you take advantage? 3 years ago the regional was right in our back yard here at texoma... Sounds like a good opportunity to make the all American.. Did you take advantage?

soap

Sorry, I just don't think Mark has much defending to do, as it is not warranted.
You boys sign a petition that 150 of DFW finest would indeed fish the BFL should they bring it closer to the Metromess, I bet they would gladly entertain the idea... Until then, we will fish TBend, Rayburn and the red whole everyone else whines

TFF Pledge-"Boom-Boom"
Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276400 08/31/13 03:04 AM
R
RMOROTT21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
cant please everybody i will be at all of them as long as we never have the basin on schedule again

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Tejasbasshunter] #9276414 08/31/13 03:10 AM
C
COHLMEYER Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Great job! (In a seriousness!)
On the second note I know that they go to the east and "stack it" to an area because that's where the numbers are. May not be fair but that's how it is... I just don't see how they can change that and keep the numbers up, I don't think it is possible personally

RMORROTT, I am with you in that one!!!!
No basin, no bayou Black.... That is WAY to far. Over 8 hours from the house.. I'm good with 4 or 5 but 8 is pushing it. Might as well fish the Cal Delta! smile

Originally Posted By: Tejasbasshunter
I will say I have NEVER fished a BFL event - Was not my gig in 2009.

I have qualified through the TBF for regionals on Lake Truman for the TBF national championship on Nickajack and finsihed 2nd qualifiying for the All Amerian on Cross Lake in LA in 2011. (BTW all those lakes are over 3 hours away)

Traveling is not a issue with me when it is not stacked towards a spacific area.

When was the last time SE texas/LA had a 150 boat field.......

Not all the events need to be in NTX but they all dont need to be in SETX either.

The BFL is a great tour but it is short sighted in my opinion by focsuing on a specific region of Texas.

Originally Posted By: ADogNamedCatfish

EXACTLY!!!!!

soap

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276431 08/31/13 03:18 AM
J
jmj201 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I think it would pull a good turnout if the schedule looked like this: feb rayburn, march LBJ, April Travis, May Choke Canyon, Sept. 2 day on Toledo.

TTZ pulls some good numbers in the Austin area. I know it probably wont happen but they gave the DFW area 2 years why not give Austin a chance.

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276432 08/31/13 03:18 AM
M
Mark McWha Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
M
Tejasbasshunter, to pick a specific region of Texas and roll with it is truly the best way for us. Otherwise, you just get local "jack potters" that show up and fish specific events. This way the majority of the guys fish all five tournaments. We feel that the best chance for us to draw good numbers is around Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend.

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276433 08/31/13 03:18 AM
R
RMOROTT21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Hey dont get me wrong basin was a cool place to see ONE time but not anymore

Re: COWBOY BFL 2014 schedule [Re: Mark McWha] #9276441 08/31/13 03:20 AM
M
Mark McWha Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline