Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 2014 Schedules? [Re: Rob Lay] #9171946 07/28/13 03:31 AM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
So what's the definition of a jackpotter? Someone who's good on a certain lake and fishes tournaments?
I'm pretty sure that every major tournament lake in Texas has local sticks who will take your money, regardless if its a series with a championship or not.
If that's the definition of a jackpotter, then they've been around forever and always will be.
What's next? A rule "if you've won a tournament on this lake in the last 12 months you can't fish it"?
To get better, you have to fish against the best competition.
Isn't it most tournament fishermen's goal to get better? Or is it just to have a "win" ?
If its just to have a win, then a local bass club is your best best, if its to get better, challenging yourself against the best you can will get you there if you make a point to learn every time out.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 2014 Schedules? [Re: Rob Lay] #9172005 07/28/13 03:48 AM
R
rp2987 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
if someone want's to avoid jackpotters, they need to fish club tournaments that require two or three entry fees ahead to enter a tournament. If you fish Basschamps, BudLite, Media, Ignition, BFL,BASS Opens, Lone Series or any of the other local tournaments where if you want to compete, you have to compete against the best.

Re: 2014 Schedules? [Re: Rob Lay] #9172060 07/28/13 04:05 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: rp2987
Why is everyone afraid of jackpotters? You are supposed to be fishing against the fish and not the other competitors.

not worried about jackpotters, but out of 100 considerations for a series, one of them when you are doing the entire series is how your value will be decreased by jackpotters. it might not be enough to pick another series or it might. most bass tournaments are weighted VERY heavy to the win for payback. you can look at it as a series angler that you are going for consistent finishes anyway and doesn't matt what happens at the to look tyouodds at the heavily weighted 1st prize are diminished. maybe best you don't have mindset of a good businessman when it comes to these jackpotter friendly series. jackpotters will fight to the death for their gravy train calling everyone else names. a "series" type angler like myself just has to weigh everything on table and make best decision.

I like to compete, 99 percent of the time I get my tail kicked, but I still like to compete. What I have figured out is your not going to find an easy win. Whether you call them jackpotters, local sticks, whatever. They are in every trail all over this state. One day the stars are going to line up and I will win one. It might as wellbe a good one, and when it happens I would just as soon say I beat the best available. I could care less about the money cause it is not about that. It's about a goal. If you don't want to fish it then don't. But why keep throwing around this "jackpotters" term like they are second class and you the "series" guy is out for a higher purpose. It's horse manure. You want to compete in a controlled environment that omits some of the best on a lake, that's like winning the 3rd flight in a golf tourney who really cares you would just be the best of the rest.

Last edited by whatsaweighin; 07/28/13 04:21 AM.
Re: 2014 Schedules? [Re: Rob Lay] #9172130 07/28/13 04:52 AM
90 5.0 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
What's weigin, what rob was getting at if I understand him correctly which I'm pretty sure I do because I've gone up against it before is alot of times depending on series you are fishing against people's home lakes, and it's much harder to run for first.

Look at it this way, if in every tournament on the trail there were teams that only fished that one lake they don't have to practice the others in the trail, and tow makes a huge difference.

If its more even ground ie not always going against home lakers.

There will almost always be someone's home lake to go against besides the few trails whose championship lake is not a regular lake for the series or even close to the region.

That's fishing though, but given basically the same practice chances on a strange lake it sure ropes in the chances at a win vs a place.

Re: 2014 Schedules? [Re: Rob Lay] #9172145 07/28/13 05:06 AM
P
pagemaster Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
If we are not worried about jackpotters or home lake advantage. Why do some events not allow guides to fish.

Re: 2014 Schedules? [Re: WAWI] #9173024 07/28/13 05:09 PM
T
The Searchers Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: rp2987
Why is everyone afraid of jackpotters? You are supposed to be fishing against the fish and not the other competitors.

not worried about jackpotters, but out of 100 considerations for a series, one of them when you are doing the entire series is how your value will be decreased by jackpotters. it might not be enough to pick another series or it might. most bass tournaments are weighted VERY heavy to the win for payback. you can look at it as a series angler that you are going for consistent finishes anyway and doesn't matt what happens at the to look tyouodds at the heavily weighted 1st prize are diminished. maybe best you don't have mindset of a good businessman when it comes to these jackpotter friendly series. jackpotters will fight to the death for their gravy train calling everyone else names. a "series" type angler like myself just has to weigh everything on table and make best decision.

I like to compete, 99 percent of the time I get my tail kicked, but I still like to compete. What I have figured out is your not going to find an easy win. Whether you call them jackpotters, local sticks, whatever. They are in every trail all over this state. One day the stars are going to line up and I will win one. It might as wellbe a good one, and when it happens I would just as soon say I beat the best available. I could care less about the money cause it is not about that. It's about a goal. If you don't want to fish it then don't. But why keep throwing around this "jackpotters" term like they are second class and you the "series" guy is out for a higher purpose. It's horse manure. You want to compete in a controlled environment that omits some of the best on a lake, that's like winning the 3rd flight in a golf tourney who really cares you would just be the best of the rest.

platinum series is going to awesome. They will easily fill up. Good job and format BLT, BNB folks.

I don't think Rob is knocking jackpotters just talking common sense. You don't have to be scared of a jackpotter to know what one is. To tell you the truth I want to be a jackpotter, just fish too many lakes to be good on any one in particular. Jackpotters/local sticks are just part of it and will not ever keep me from entering a tourney with a reasonable entry.
You can fish with KVD on fork against Eric Wright and Cody Malone.
I will bet my house you and KVD will lose 8 out of 10 times.
Same bet on GVINE except you fish against Dillard and Shipe.
Same results.

Re: 2014 Schedules? [Re: pagemaster] #9173033 07/28/13 05:13 PM
Rob Lay Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: pagemaster
If we are not worried about jackpotters or home lake advantage. Why do some events not allow guides to fish.

because jackpotters were complaining about getting beat, all comes back to the gravy train. laugh

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide