1. There have been very few problems with our classifieds over the years, but if the person you are dealing with does anything to make you uneasy about a transaction, proceed with a "buyer or seller beware" attitude. We are not eBay and offer this area as a free service. As such, we have no way to guarantee transactions.
2. We require a minimum of 100 posts and 6 months as a contributing member to create and reply to threads in the classifieds (PM a moderator to request access), or you can bypass the 100 post minimum by purchasing a Supporting Membership to list items for sale in the classifieds (do not spam your way to 100 posts). You may purchase a Supporting Membership at http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ps#Post9095219.
After purchasing a Supporting Membership, we will upgrade your account. It generally takes a few hours, but may take up to 48. As soon as you see the blue box under your member name, you are approved to post in this section.
3. Do not list an item unless you are 100% sure you are ready to sell it. Do not offer on an item unless you are 100% sure you want to buy it.
4. If you feel an item is priced too high, do not comment about it. If it is too high, chances are it won't sell and will be lowered or removed. We enforce this rule to avoid arguments.
5. This area is strictly for buying, selling and trading. All unrelated posts will be moved or deleted.
6. Post your location and the location of the item for sale or service being offered.
7. If you are selling, list the price. There are a few extenuating circumstances where we allow a seller to list an item without a price, but you need TFF staff approval to do so.
8. You are allowed to bump your thread one time in a twenty-four hour period. Your initial post is your bump for the day. If your thread is active with questions or offerings, your answer is your bump for the day. Comments such as "PM received" and "PM sent" are also considered bumps. Do not bump someone else's thread. If you break any of these rules, it may cause your thread to be deleted.
9. Do not have more than 3 active threads going at once.
10. Do not link to a listing on another web site. If you want to use this forum to sell an item, list the details here.
11. Do not hijack another member's post; meaning do not post your similar item on their thread or do not post a similar item found elsewhere.
12. No auctions. Our format is not set up for auctions and we have had problems with them in the past.
13. Members are not allowed to sell/buy for family or friends, you must be the owner of said item.
14. Once an item has been sold, change the title to SOLD. It'll help keep people from clicking on something that's no longer available as well as help the moderators see what can be removed keeping the classifieds up to date.
15. PayPal is a good tool for buying online, but make sure you pay as goods or services. If a seller asks you to PayPal as a gift so they can avoid the fee, we suggest not buying from the seller. PayPal will generally not help you if you have used their gift money option. If a seller wants to scam PayPal out of their small fee, they might scam you as well.