Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cali Tourny Shame!!! #8744703 03/24/13 06:07 PM
P
poolio Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
Here's my rant from my personal experiances yesterday. I started early and showed up at the lake as the horn was sounding to begin the tournament and watched all of the boats leave the marina. There were alot of boats. Launched and pushed my kayak across the lake to start fishing up shallow for some cats. As I made my way along the shoreline, working all the cover, catching a fish here and there, I come upon a boat that has been pushed up on the bank. I pass by, wave and the guy on board asks for help. He had run over some submerged metal poles and fouled his engine to the point it would not crank. I put my rod in it's holder and pushed the Yak over to a group of guys fishing together. I pulled up to 2 boats, one was a Carolina Skiff and The other was an aluminum boat set up for bow fishing with a raised platform in the front. I politely said hi and told them if that their was a boater in need and asked them for help, maybe a tow? They said "That Sucks" kind of chuckled and said they were in a tournament and said that if the guy was still there when they were done, they would go help. I wished them luck in the tournament and went t the next boat, a pontune boat with a family on board that helped right away.

Aren't we supposed to help each other on the water? I hope these turds of the preverbial punch bowl didn't catch a darn thing. I'm sure momma would be proud! Am I wrong in thinking the first 2 boats were full of A-holes?

Anyways, end rant

-Poo

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more"
George S. Patton Jr

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8744716 03/24/13 06:12 PM
T
TuN3R Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Trust me i have seen worst out there smile I think that was Floresville Police Catfish tournament and most of them are cops guess not everyone has kindness in them lol .

Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8744723 03/24/13 06:15 PM
P
poolio Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
The guys in the Skiff maybe cops, but the Jon boat were fat and 1 had a mohawk so I doubt they were cops. I was just really surprised they thought "tournament" made it okay to not help a boater in need. I should've took pictures to post 'em up. They are probably on here too.

-Poo

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more"
George S. Patton Jr

Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8744797 03/24/13 06:41 PM
Y
young cat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Y
Typical. I am glad you helped out the guy in need

Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8744842 03/24/13 07:01 PM
F
fishintx85 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
I fished the tourney yesterday as well. Its just hosted by floresville police dept.i have towed people in numerous times thru the yrs. I know 3d bait shop will tow u in for a fee.

Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8744847 03/24/13 07:04 PM
Justin B Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Sadly that's not surprising to hear that someone on the water didn't help out

Check out my YouTube channel as I fish out of my Native Titan 10.5 in Texas and Oklahoma reservoirs

https://youtube.com/channel/UCqA--bCRG3lY9CLA-YcvJvQ

If you are in the market for a great used boat checkout the selecton of bass, catfish and all around fishing boats and boat trailers for all style of boats at www.facebook.com/smithboatsales

Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8744875 03/24/13 07:14 PM
C
Chuck7700 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
There's always a few A-holes at every lake you go to. You should post their pictures on here so EVERYBODY can see them. That way when their in need we can return the favor

Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8744883 03/24/13 07:16 PM
C
CoC Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Its a shame that we (as humans) often over look when somebody is in need, but we ourselves would want all the help we could get if we needed it. GOD bless you sir for your kind actions. I hope those gents get the opportunity to become better people in the future.

SirHerbertC
Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: CoC Angler] #8745224 03/24/13 09:06 PM
C
CatfishHunter1963 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
My brother and I fished a tournament on Cedar Creek two years ago,and right at weigh in time a storm blew in.We heard a boat blew the lower unit and we found out where they were,blew off weigh in and towed them to safety just as a tornado hit in the area.We had enough fish to place in the money but a fellow fisherman is worth far more than a few dollars!!! I can't pass anyone in need of help without doing something.

Last edited by CatfishHunter1963; 03/24/13 09:07 PM.
Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: CatfishHunter1963] #8745248 03/24/13 09:14 PM
C
CoC Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: CatfishHunter1963
My brother and I fished a tournament on Cedar Creek two years ago,and right at weigh in time a storm blew in.We heard a boat blew the lower unit and we found out where they were,blew off weigh in and towed them to safety just as a tornado hit in the area.We had enough fish to place in the money but a fellow fisherman is worth far more than a few dollars!!! I can't pass anyone in need of help without doing something.

AMEN to that!!

SirHerbertC
Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: CoC Angler] #8745324 03/24/13 09:34 PM
Y
young cat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Y
Originally Posted By: CoC Angler
Originally Posted By: CatfishHunter1963

AMEN to that!!
thats awsome man

Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8745368 03/24/13 09:51 PM
T
TXHC Offline
Angler
Angler
T
I had a similar incident on Ray robaerts myself at the end of the duck season. A buddy and I have a newer boat and I went out solo. It was bout 9am and I decided to go to a different spot. I didnt fill the boat up with gas as I thought it had enough. Big mistake LOL. I ran a
Out of gas right infront of 2 guys ina big CC boat fishing. Now I know it was my fault for not checking the gas tank but I have towed in quite a few boats on Ray Roberts before so I figure I have good karma. Well I put the trolling motor in the water a slowly drove right by them. They looked at me one time amd them turned their heads. Now I am the last person that will ask for help so i didnt. I beleive in curtiousness and doing the right thing so I figure if they were good people they would offer to help but they didnt. I passed 2 other boats as well that just looked the other way. It took me 3 hrs to get back to the boat ramp and the battery was deader than a door nail. I will still continue to helps those in need its just who I am even though sometimes I wonder why I should

If i dont suceed i will die trying
Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: poolio] #8746116 03/25/13 12:39 AM
J
j49 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
What do you expect? Lots of guys on here brag about cutting trotlines, picking up jugs, etc. It is all about them. Period. Do not get in the way of their dollars.

j49

good fishing
Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: TXHC] #8746150 03/25/13 12:47 AM
S
serj5150 Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: TXHC
I had a similar incident on Ray robaerts myself at the end of the duck season. A buddy and I have a newer boat and I went out solo. It was bout 9am and I decided to go to a different spot. I didnt fill the boat up with gas as I thought it had enough. Big mistake LOL. I ran a
Out of gas right infront of 2 guys ina big CC boat fishing. Now I know it was my fault for not checking the gas tank but I have towed in quite a few boats on Ray Roberts before so I figure I have good karma. Well I put the trolling motor in the water a slowly drove right by them. They looked at me one time amd them turned their heads. Now I am the last person that will ask for help so i didnt. I beleive in curtiousness and doing the right thing so I figure if they were good people they would offer to help but they didnt. I passed 2 other boats as well that just looked the other way. It took me 3 hrs to get back to the boat ramp and the battery was deader than a door nail. I will still continue to helps those in need its just who I am even though sometimes I wonder why I should

Maybe it just your faith in humanity brother. Don't let it stop you from being the hope we need out there.

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: Cali Tourny Shame!!! [Re: serj5150] #8746182 03/25/13 12:55 AM
T
TXHC Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: serj5150
Originally Posted By: TXHC

Maybe it just your faith in humanity brother. Don't let it stop you from being the hope we need out there.

I hear ya bro but it can make ya wonder... has it all gone to h*ll or are there still some good ole boys left.

Oh well. Like I said I believe in Karma so I will continue to help out folks ;-)

If i dont suceed i will die trying
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide