Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? #8012018 09/19/12 05:09 AM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Hey guys a brand new registered member and a 26 year pro fishing guide up in Canada. I spend quite a bit of time on a local chat forum up here and got thinking that a large part of my existing clientele are Texas residents. Many of you guys come up here to not only fish in the summer but to get a break from the hot summer. Are you guys interested in some periodic salmon fishing reports with pics when I get good ones to share? If the responses are positive I will share some reports and knowledge with your members. Tight lines.

Rollie Rose
Sooke Salmon Charters Ltd - www.fishingbc1.com
Nootka Fishing Charters - www.nootkafishingcharters.com
Vancouver Island Fishing Club - www.vifishingclub.com
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8036147 09/25/12 05:13 AM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Coho (Silver) salmon fishing is in full swing at the moment and will continue until about the 3rd week of October. We are seeing an average of 25 to 30 hook ups for a half day trip. The Coho's are between 8 and 12 pounds at the moment. Larger ones to 20 pounds should show up in the next few days. We are fishing from Sooke which is located on the west coast of Vancouver Island and about 24 miles west of Victoria, our capital city. A little west of us the offshore Albacore Tuna fishery in going strong as well. Boats are travelling about 50 miles offshore to the blue water. A few of the hardcore boats are rafting up and staying out overnight and putting in 2 days of fishing before returning home. They are returning with 20 to 35 Albacore up to 31 pounds. I'm out again on Wednsday morning with some folks from Arkansas. Will try and post some pics.

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8040921 09/26/12 05:59 AM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Hi guys had a last minute Coho Salmon trip this afternoon with a group from Switzerland. Until Oct 1st we are only allowed to retain hatchery marked Coho which our first fish was. The next 15 fish were all wild and were released . The largest went 12 pounds. At the end of the trip we had about 10-12 transient killer whales pass by 3 miles offshore so we went and had a peak. I wanted to attach a few pics of the fish and our area including the Olympic Mountains in Washington State we took from the boat today. It says there is a file manager pop up on the full post page ....couldn't see it. Anyone care to tell me where to find it?

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8041159 09/26/12 12:19 PM
P
Pferox Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P

Duct tape is like the Force, it has a Dark Side, A Light Side, and holds the Universe together. Carl Zwanzig
www.mtpocketstackle.com
www.facebook.com/MtPocketsTackleCompany
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8042531 09/26/12 06:10 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Are these reports? 25-30 hookups in a half day? I'm jealous...
i got that feeling like when you stare at an antpile and start itching.

LOL! "I'm one of the few asians with a real fishing license!"

Proud Annual Texas Parks and Wildlife Cardholder.
SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: Pferox] #8045947 09/27/12 02:16 PM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Thanks perfox. I saw that but it looked like it was files only from an online source not a file on my pc. Does the file have to come from somewhere like photobucket or will it take it from the pc? I have to run right now, have a trip again today. Will firgure the pic thing out tonight. Thanks again

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8046279 09/27/12 03:36 PM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
this is just a test pic, a morning sunrise back in June

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8048000 09/27/12 10:17 PM
P
Pferox Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Sorry it has to come from someplace like Photobucket, and use the direct link one.

Duct tape is like the Force, it has a Dark Side, A Light Side, and holds the Universe together. Carl Zwanzig
www.mtpocketstackle.com
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8048701 09/28/12 01:44 AM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Ok lets see how this works. Out again today and much the same, fished noon till 4pm. Kept 4 hatchery Coho and released and lost another 20 plus fish. The photos are from today and Tuesday. Just wanted you guys to see what nice ocean caught chrome salmon are like, the calm waters, the Washington Mountains and our great fall weather.

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8057725 09/30/12 05:11 PM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Was out Friday morning for 6 hours with 4 local guys who won a raffle for a free trip. I used to be a director for 10 years of a society that organized volunteer skippers to take out underprivileged kids out fishing for their first experience. (Pink Salmon Festival) We managed to find 4 hatchery Coho up to about 8 pounds that we could keep. We released another 12 to 15 wild fish with 3 of them going 12 to 14 pounds. This Monday we can start keeping 1 wild Coho per angler, something everyone here is looking forward to. Still awesome sunny weather and the ocean is still nice and calm. BTW I'm also an elected director of another local non-profit society: (The Juan De Fuca Salmon Restoration Society) We have a newly constructed salmon interpretive centre and demonstration hatchery on Charters Creek in Sooke. For those with an interest the website is at salmonforsooke.com. We have our first bus loads of school kids coming through the centre this fall when the salmon are in the creek to spawn.

Last edited by bcprofisher; 09/30/12 05:11 PM.

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8057807 09/30/12 05:35 PM
P
Pferox Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Congratulations on the Pictures!!

I grew up in Chicago, and had an older relative that had a 36 foot boat, we used to catch Coho and Schnook in Lake Michigan.

I don't think I have ever seen them that silver there though, beautiful fish.

www.mtpocketstackle.com
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8081266 10/06/12 05:00 AM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Have been out a few times this week and again today. Much the same as the previous reports. Lots of Coho salmon, sunny and warm and calm seas. We kept 6 Coho up to 12 pounds and a 9 pound Chum salmon. We also released 5 or 6 wild Coho up to 14 pounds. Transient Killer whales are hunting in our area almost every day. These are the group which feeds exclusively on sea mammals like seals porpoise etc. Got a few pics of a couple from a group of 5 or 6 this morning. They had already past us before we noticed them so the pics aren't as close up as I would have liked.

Last edited by bcprofisher; 10/06/12 05:01 AM.

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8083057 10/06/12 11:02 PM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Out this morning again. Didn't bother with any fish pics as its more the same. Instead here is another show we had. A Humpback cow and calf that have been around for weeks. Pic is of the cow as she makes a dive.

Last edited by bcprofisher; 10/06/12 11:03 PM.

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8090847 10/09/12 02:43 AM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
The great fishing weather just keeps rolling on. Out with a couple who recently moved to our area. We kept 6 decent Coho salmon, released another 6 and lost that again in 4 hours fishing. 4 Humpback whales kept us entertained all morning as they fed.

Rollie Rose
Re: Vancouver Island Saltwater Salmon Reports? [Re: bcprofisher] #8203591 11/08/12 02:40 AM
B
bcprofisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Hey guys I've been busy going through all the Go pro footage from the summer and doing my first attempt at video editing. This is a link to my first fishing you tube project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2eBanNvRD0
I take clients up to this area each July and August during the peak fishing season in this area. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Rollie Rose
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide