I wish I had tilted the foot to see if I picked up some weed or a plastic bag. I assume it was clear because there was a good stream of water comming out of the upper unit. I've never run the motor for an hour straight and never in high ambenent and water temp.
I understand that you can dammage the head gasket if the alarm goes off for more than 30 seconds. What are your thoughts.
I wonder if lower octain fuel would help?
I guess I need to:
1) Check all the in take holes for mud dobber nest.
2) Put the foot in a trash can and give it a good cleaning and check the water temp comming out. Should be around 180 to 190 to trigger the alarm. Take the temp up to 190 in the trash can and see if it triggers there or at a lower temp.
3) Mix remaining fuel with low octain.
4) Stay within trolling motor range of ramp until reloved
If I get a second alarm, then:
5) Change the poppet valve (never changed).
6) Change the impeller (changed water pump only 58 hrs / 2 seasons ago).