Print Thread
Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39
Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Jammer] #4901328 05/25/10 12:28 PM
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill
Coon's Bar & Grill
Originally Posted By: Jammer
Really,
After 500+ people discussing this post since I wrote a few hours ago and still not a single helpful response (((0))).
Is this what the outdoors community has become or is this just another part of the new age and computer community?

There are lots of friendly helpful people here and about 40,000 people that want to know the same thing you asked nobody really knows at this point!!! What we do know is it's gonna happen any time now and I have heard June 4th...

Good luck getting out there and welcome to the forum!!! cheers

[Linked Image]
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Monte Coon] #4901797 05/25/10 02:30 PM
L
Luminant Communications Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
It's official - Squaw Creek Park will reopen Friday, June 4 for limited public fishing! Visit Luminant.com/SquawCreekPark for all of the details. This new page will be your one-stop shop for rules and regulations, as well as the place to secure boat reservations starting June 1.

Enjoy! And thanks for your support,

Luminant Communications

Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Luminant Communications] #4901835 05/25/10 02:36 PM
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill
Coon's Bar & Grill
That's great news thanks for keeping us up to date!!!

[Linked Image]
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Jammer] #4902567 05/25/10 05:20 PM
J
Jeff Gilbert Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Jammer
Really,
After 500+ people discussing this post since I wrote a few hours ago and still not a single helpful response (((0))).
Is this what the outdoors community has become or is this just another part of the new age and computer community?

Hey Bro, I PM'd you.

Here's to ruttin' bucks, cuppin' ducks, & kicker fish luck!

OWNER- FUN-n-SUN BOATS & TACKLE SALES
Cleburne & Hurst Texas
(817)279-1991 & 280-0303
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Monte Coon] #4902793 05/25/10 06:16 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: Monte Coon
That's great news thanks for keeping us up to date!!!

+1

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Monty Wright] #4903733 05/25/10 10:13 PM
A
Archie Bunker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
So, there's gonna be a hundred boats being pulled out of the water just before 4:00 each fishing day? That oughta be entertaining. I'd expect that 4:00 deadline to get stretched a bit here and there.

No sunset fishing is a real bummer, but I'm glad to see these changes. Just stumbled over my old lake map the other day. They'll certainly get 30 bones off'a me here and there.

I wouldn't, myself, never join a religion that restricted my diet; see, I don't want to get into heaven that way.
-William Fontaine de la Tour D'Haute Rive
Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Archie Bunker] #4903936 05/25/10 10:53 PM
Holein MyHook Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Archie Bunker
So, there's gonna be a hundred boats being pulled out of the water just before 4:00 each fishing day? That oughta be entertaining. I'd expect that 4:00 deadline to get stretched a bit here and there.

Gonna be entertaning getting in line in the morning to launch, and even more fun getting a 100 boats off by 4pm!
Cant wait to hit that lake again draggin c-worms on points.....

Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Holein MyHook] #4904061 05/25/10 11:28 PM
G
GLC Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
Boaters are supposed to be at the ramp by 4 pm but actually will have about 1 hour plus to get boats loaded. This will security time to look for stranded or mising boaters. But I suspect if there is a lot of "dilly dalling" around the ramp they may get pretty stern. Security leaves at 5:30 so ALL boats have to be out of there before that. No overtime for the security personnel.

GLC
[Linked Image]
Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: GLC] #4905126 05/26/10 03:53 AM
C
cull1 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
My brother just got back in from Icrap(Iraq) for r&r and my sweet little wife works at the nuk plant so she is gonna take off work Friday to take him and my dad out there. I sure hope they have better luck then we had at the cleburne workin mans tourny tonite. He got one little dink to the boat, he missed a couple of keepers. He said he was a little rusty after being in the butt-hole of the world for the last 6mths. I had 4 keepers get off, my only excuse is that I suck!

Re: Open Squaw Creek lake [Re: Monte Coon] #4905277 05/26/10 04:46 AM
R
RedNitro Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
FROM MY COMPANY EMAIL

Squaw Creek Park Opening for Limited Public Fishing
New registration website launching soon for boat reservation

Get your fishing rods, bait and boats ready - Squaw Creek Park is reopening for fishing on a limited basis starting Friday, June 4.

"We appreciate the strong community support during the reopening process and are thrilled to once again welcome our neighbors out to enjoy some great bank and boat fishing," said Mitch Lucas, Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant site vice president. "We hope all of our guests enjoy the recently renovated park and the entire experience, both of which are due to the hard work and dedication of our employees who volunteered hundreds of hours to make this reopening possible."
Opening day will begin with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7 a.m., with fishing beginning immediately thereafter and lasting until 4 p.m. Those interested in boat fishing must visit www.Luminant.com/SquawCreekPark starting June 1 to secure a reservation; reservations are not required for bank fishing. Visitors will be charged a minimal park maintenance fee upon entry to cover the cost of maintaining park roads and facilities. A fee of $30, which covers all occupants, will be charged per boat; the fee for bank fishing is $5 (only cash will be accepted).

Moving forward, the park's standard hours of operation will be from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Thursday through Sunday for bank fishing and Friday through Sunday for boat fishing on a limited basis. Following opening weekend, guests will be able to register for the upcoming weekend beginning each Monday. Visitors can select only one day per weekend (Friday - Sunday) to boat fish.

For more information on Squaw Creek Park fishing, fees and rules and regulations, please see the below Q&A.

Squaw Creek Park Reopening Questions and Answers

Q: Where is the park located?

A: Squaw Creek Park is located at 2300 Coates Road, Granbury, Texas 76048. The park can be found off State Highway 144, which runs north and south between highways 377 and 67. It is 45 miles southwest of Fort Worth, halfway between Granbury and Glen Rose.

Q: What do I need to know before I go?

A: Please review the following information before arriving at Squaw Creek Park:

Reservations are not required for bank fishing, though they are required for boat fishing. A registration website will be launching next week that will allow guests to reserve space on a designated date.
Guests will be able to register for the upcoming weekend beginning each Monday, with the exception of opening weekend. Registration will begin Tuesday morning during regular business hours due to the Memorial Day holiday. Visitors can select only one day per weekend (Friday - Sunday) to boat fish.
The admission fee (cash only) for bank fishing is $5 per person. Admission for bank fishing is free to those ages 16 and under or 80 and over.
A park operations and maintenance fee of $30 (cash only) will be charged per boat. One reservation and fee covers a single boat and its occupants.
Upon arrival at the park, you must present a printed copy of the confirmation page or e-mail and a valid driver's license at the park guardhouse.
From time to time the park may be closed or have a delayed opening due to weather, lake conditions or other reasons. It is best to call 817-573-7053 in advance to confirm the park is open.
Pets are welcome, but must be leashed while in the park and under control at all times.
Q: How do I cancel a reservation?

A: As a courtesy to those who may be on a waiting list, please call 817-573-7053 to cancel a reservation. Please note: reservations for registrants who have not arrived by noon will be canceled.

Q: Is a waiting list available if the boat maximum has been met on a particular day?

A: The boat maximum is 100 boats per day. If availability has been met, you can call 817-573-7053 on the morning of the day you would like to fish to check for cancellations. You can also check in after noon for potential availability due to no-shows.

Quick Facts about Squaw Creek Reservoir:

Owned and operated by Luminant
Surface area is approximately 3,200 acres
Average depth is approximately 46 feet
For more information, please visit www.Luminant.com/SquawCreekPark.

Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide