Forums59
Topics1,039,179
Posts13,960,438
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8020227 09/21/12 03:14 AM
F
FishHarder Offline
Angler
Angler
F
One heck of a nice trout,man.

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8086625 10/08/12 01:49 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

[Linked Image]

https://CowboyNavy.org ( please sign up if you have a boat )

Contact Number 469-528-0210

Facebook- Carey Thorn Foshing Guide
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8086655 10/08/12 01:55 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So yeah, fishing has been very good if the weather holds up.
Fronts have been nasty mean to the fisherman, shutting the fish down to a slow trickle.

No crazy numbers but a solid 12-25 fish per morning and the same in the late afternoon. Fish the shade.

New stocking truck.

[Linked Image]

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8089024 10/08/12 08:12 PM
C
charlie cox Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Pretty cool video, & a bunch of nice fish you'all caught

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8092023 10/09/12 02:09 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Thanks. And u don't just have to fly fish. BaffinBay chunks minnows and does very well. It's as easy as catching blue gills.

[Linked Image]

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8092029 10/09/12 02:11 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
But for the fly fisherman, here is your list of flies.

Beavers Bend Flys

MAIN FLIES:

Near Deers
Bead Head Pheasant Tails (Size: 14-18)
Hares Ear (Size: 14-18)
Orange Soft Hackles (Size: 16-18)
Red Hackles (Size: 16-18)
Bead Headed Wollybuggers (Colors: Olive, White, Black, Rust) (Size: 10-20, I like Big WBS)
Black Midges (Size: 12-22)
Red Midges (Size: 12-22)
Blue Winged Olive (Size:16-22)
Sulpher (Size: )
Cahill (Size: 18-22)
San Juan Worm
January:

Hatches: Baetis, Blue Winged Olive, Light Cahill, Midge
Flies to use: Pheasant tails, Red Fox Squirrel, San Juan worm, Egg Patterns, Griffiths Gnat, Adult Caddis, Emergers

February:

Hatches: Mayflies, Midges, March Brown

Flies to use: March Browns, Bead Headed Black and Red Midges (size 12-14), San Juan worms, egg patterns, Griffiths gnat, CDC, Emerger Patterns, Soft hackle

March:

Hatches: Blue winged Olive, Midges

Wet Flies to use:
Soft Hackle, Copper Johns, Pheasant Tails, Egg patterns, Red Fox squirrels, crane fly

Dry Flies to use: Griffiths Gnats, Hares Ears, March Brown (mayfly), Blue Winged Olive (mayfly)

Flies to use: Elk Hair Caddis, Parachute Adams, Thread Midges, and Caddis Pupae Flies, Soft Hackles, Midges, Hares ears, Pheasant tails, Prince nymphs

April:

Hatchs: Flying Ants, Caddis, Mayflies, Crane flies, Midges

Flies to use: Red Soft Hackle, Elk Hair Caddis, Midges, Ants,

May:

Hatches: Baetis, Beetles ,Blue Winged Olive, Brown Caddis, March Brown ,Tan Caddis

Wet flies (nymphs) to use: Cream Colored Soft Hackles, Nymphs, Adam Parachutes 12-16, Hare's ear Nymphs, Elk hair caddis

Dry flies to use: CDC Caddis and CDC Mayfly Emergers, EHC, Adam Parachutes

June:
Hatches: Mayfly, PMD's, Sulphurs
Flies to use: Grasshoppers, Ants, Midges, Mayflies, Caddis

July:
Hatches: Mayflies, Midges
Flies to use: Copper Johns, Griffiths Gnats, EHC, Ants, Griffiths Gnats, Soft Hackles, Hoppers, Soft Hackles

August:

Hatches: Midge, Hexagenia, Caddis, Mayflies, Mosquitoes
Dry Flies: Caddis and Mayflies (including dry, emergers, and cripples)
Flies to use: Soft Hackles, Midges, Pheasant Tails, Copper Johns, Small Mayfly Imitations, Caddis Pupae, Emergers

September:

Hatches: PMD/s, BWO's Yellow Sally, Grass Hoppers and Katy-Dids, Hexagenia Mayflies

Wet flies (nymphs) to use: Green Bead Head Caddis Nymph imitations in about size 14-16, Egg patterns, San Juan Worm, Various Soft Hackles, Light Cahill, Grasshopper, Ant, Hex Nymph

Dry flies to use: Stimulators on a size 10 hook, Elk hair Caddis, Hex

October:

Hatches: Caddis, Grey Mayflies, Blue Quills Blue Winged Olives Midges, Sulfurs
Flies to use: Miracle Midge, Zebra Midge, Egg Patterns, San Juan Worm

November:

Hatches: Small Tan Caddis, Small Black Caddis, Midges
Flies to use: Thread Midges, Caddis Emergers, spiders, Copper John, Egg Patterns, San Juan Worms

December:

Hatches: Black Caddis, Blue Winged Olives (mayfly) and Midges.
Flies to use: Emergers, Caddis, Mayfly, Midges, Egg patterns
Dry flies to use: Griffiths Gnat, Blue Winged Olive, Black Caddis

[Linked Image]

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8092152 10/09/12 02:39 PM
K
kodys'papa Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Right click... Save

Hooking a fish is like playing string with a cat. The exact size, shape, color of string matters less than how you wiggle it- and little cats are easier to fool than big ones. John Gierach
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8092349 10/09/12 03:37 PM
B
BaffinBay Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: TarponFly
Thanks. And u don't just have to fly fish. BaffinBay chunks minnows and does very well. It's as easy as catching blue gills.

Its not that easy...

Chunking minnows in Spillway Creek is NOT easy. Especially when you keep falling on your minnow bucket...

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8114724 10/15/12 08:44 PM
T
TexasSteve Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
can you fish with spinning gear there as well? I assume that is what he was using for the minnows, but what about artificials?

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8121170 10/17/12 03:05 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
You can use spinning gear with a minnow if you want. Just make sure u are fishing the blue zones only. Read all the signs before fishing an area.

[Linked Image]

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8245886 11/19/12 03:59 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

Reports:

Best flies to use on my end of the river:

RS2 Grey #22
Near Deer #1/100 (Secret Color) <---Just for you BB
Red Midges #20-22
Black Midges
Eggs (as small as you can get work best) red, pink, yellow

The fish are feeding mainly on the bottom, so weight them down a little bit w/ a small split shot. If you dont see fish in the pool you are fishing, dont cast there.....

Every day we nailed 50-75 fish each, to the net. Most were 15-16 inches with a lot of 18-19's and a few 20's. Best bite was around 10-3 pm while the BWO's were hatching. Spillway Creek was where the best bite was. Zone 2 ( Evening Hole area) was good too, but was getting hammered by people. So I mainly fished Spillway Creek 90% of the time.

When a front rolls through, the fish slow way down while the Air Pressure rises. Small flies work best during the fronts. If the air pressure is stable, the Near Deers are all that I throw at them. -No need for anything else.

[Linked Image]

If you see this above, at Zone III, its blown out and very hard to fish. This area is terrible right now for trout. I dont think they are stocking it yet.....? Its still good for small mouth bass and walleye though. I deleted my Walleye pics somehow..... But they are there. Biggest was 22 inches. Most were 16-18. Caught 14 walleye and some small small mouth bass here on Saturday. Clousers-

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And, im sure yall have seen the monster in the lower end of Cardiac Hill just teasing you for the last 3 months.....Well, I decided that on Friday we were going to sit on the hole till we hooked it. I ran out of RS2's, so I walked back up to the truck and tied a dozen up really fast. After I walked back to the guys, I handed Howard a couple and he tied one one. There was a Blue Wingged Olive hatch going on and a Black Caddis hatch at the same time. (They didnt want anything black, mainly red midges and Grey RS2's were murdering them. The Near Deers were best in the early morning and evening.) So, anyways, Howard proceeds to land a dozen rainbows within the first half hour of changing to an RS2. Then I see the monster flash where his fly drifted. Three more passes and a magestic fight was in place. 20 mins later he brings the monster I have been targeting for 3 months..... Every time Howard comes up, he lands a monster with me.

[Linked Image]

26 inch Male Rainbow Trout.

[Linked Image]

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8297315 12/04/12 03:54 PM
T
Turf Dawg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I have another trip scheduled for my family Dec 26, 27 and 28th. This time we are staying at a place right on the river about 1.5 miles downstream of zone3. Have you ever been down that far fishing? On the map it is before the 70 bridge where it is marked private. I hope some of the small mouths will be in that area and trout because it would be nice and easy for my stepdad to get to.

Turf Dawg Landscaping
Texas Licensed Irrigator
LI 0020041
Commercial Pesticide Applicator for Turf and Ornamental, Pasture & Rangelands and Right-of-Way
Texas Dept of Agriculture license #0525163
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8298880 12/04/12 10:44 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Baby trout. They stocked 35,000 of them. They are everywhere you go. Can't miss them.. I hope the vid quality is good, I'm just now messing around with the GoPro.

A spawning colored up Rainbow Trout just chilling.

Fat trout caught my my client Monday.

Monster Male Rainbow Trout on a Near Deer.

Eggs and Near Deers were all we threw at them. Caught well over 30 trout each on Monday. Never even thought of a tally. I was messing with the go pro. The next ones will be edited.. The park was void of people. We saw one other fly fisherman and a flywoman. Baby brown all over the place. They will eat anything small enough to fit in their mouths.

[Linked Image]

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8299476 12/05/12 01:25 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Smallmouth are always good in the rock gardens. Been awhile since I was down there

[Linked Image]

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8316748 12/10/12 01:37 AM
S
Somnipod Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Those are "deformed" thats WHIRLING DISEASE. Rainbow trout, being a super-synthetic, inbred, "rubber-fish" tend to have that protazoa. Although in a put-and-take fishery like Broken Bow, there isnt too much worry

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide