Print Thread
Brazoria County Fishing Club #6874231 11/23/11 05:41 PM
T
Texas Smoke Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Anyone know the name of the fishing club with the 500 acre lake in Brazoria County ?? I'm drawing a blank.

Re: Brazoria County Fishing Club [Re: Texas Smoke] #6874325 11/23/11 06:14 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Not familiar with any club down there that has a 500 acre lake. Are you talking about the Lakes of Danbury? If so, their largest lake is 120 acres with another couple in the 40-50acre range.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Brazoria County Fishing Club [Re: fouzman] #6875052 11/23/11 11:05 PM
F
Fishbreeder Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
"Brazos River Club" in East Columbia (near to West Columbia).

I manage the fishery in their lakes, production ponds, etc. The "big lake" aka "Front Lake" is just under 500 acres.

It is on the Southwestern side of the county, on the river, LOD is about thirty miles from there on Austin Bayou.

There are several other nearby large lakes, but this is the only club lake that big. You've got nearby Eagle's Nest (across the road), downriver is "Pappas Lakes", downriver and across the road is Columbia Lakes, slightly upriver is another two lakes in a club, I can't recall the name right now, Manor Lake (2000 acres but most likely almost dry right now)a little further upriver. Way downriver is Dow Reservoir, and so on.

I've worked for all of them at one time or another, as well as the rest. In another lifetime I helped set up LOD for the Zwahrs who owned it then. The big lake there 120 acres is McCollough Lake (same guy that moved London Bridge to Lake Havasu in AZ) and the series of smaller lakes are Lazy CZ, Lake Leona (20 acres left) and the other lake, 20 acres right,etc.

Also not far from LOD is Garrett Lakes where I used to live and several unnamed large lakes belonging to the water company.

If there is a lake, fishing club, subdivision lake etc. in the county I haven't worked for, I don't know about it. The county is full of lakes and irrigation reservoirs. Many of which have fishing clubs, Beiri Lakes, Seven Lakes, many do not.

I've got my own lakes also, 30 acres on my fish farm and about 120 acres in four lakes in the fishing club I own.

Who you lookin' for? I probly know them.

Fishbreeder

Re: Brazoria County Fishing Club [Re: Fishbreeder] #6888130 11/28/11 07:18 PM
T
Texas Smoke Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Fishbreeder
"Brazos River Club" in East Columbia (near to West Columbia).

I manage the fishery in their lakes, production ponds, etc. The "big lake" aka "Front Lake" is just under 500 acres.

It is on the Southwestern side of the county, on the river, LOD is about thirty miles from there on Austin Bayou.

There are several other nearby large lakes, but this is the only club lake that big. You've got nearby Eagle's Nest (across the road), downriver is "Pappas Lakes", downriver and across the road is Columbia Lakes, slightly upriver is another two lakes in a club, I can't recall the name right now, Manor Lake (2000 acres but most likely almost dry right now)a little further upriver. Way downriver is Dow Reservoir, and so on.

I've worked for all of them at one time or another, as well as the rest. In another lifetime I helped set up LOD for the Zwahrs who owned it then. The big lake there 120 acres is McCollough Lake (same guy that moved London Bridge to Lake Havasu in AZ) and the series of smaller lakes are Lazy CZ, Lake Leona (20 acres left) and the other lake, 20 acres right,etc.

Also not far from LOD is Garrett Lakes where I used to live and several unnamed large lakes belonging to the water company.

If there is a lake, fishing club, subdivision lake etc. in the county I haven't worked for, I don't know about it. The county is full of lakes and irrigation reservoirs. Many of which have fishing clubs, Beiri Lakes, Seven Lakes, many do not.

I've got my own lakes also, 30 acres on my fish farm and about 120 acres in four lakes in the fishing club I own.

Who you lookin' for? I probly know them.

Yeah, that's it I believe. It's on 25 correct ? Just a little North of 35 ?

I wanted to get in touch with them about joining. I had the contact info and misplaced it.

Re: Brazoria County Fishing Club [Re: Texas Smoke] #6888820 11/28/11 10:45 PM
F
Fishbreeder Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Yep that's the place.

Awesome fishing club, they do it right. I've worked for them since 1981. Both fishing lakes really coming into their own right now. Rebuilt with "holes and islands" planted with the right kinds of semi-aquatic plants, and well managed for great fishing.

Like I mentioned above, I've worked for everybody in the county and these folks are among the best of the best.

Not cheap though.....

If you need contact info let me now in a PM and I can get you in touch with somebody over there.

Fishbreeder

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide