Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Seawolf Park? #6743634 10/17/11 06:03 PM
C
Chinaman0389 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
What's the latest reports for Seawolf park within the last few days? Any reds...A friend told me flounders are hitting off shrimp. What are reds hitting off now? I just need a current report for tomorrows trip...going around 2pm to late at night.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6743753 10/17/11 06:45 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I was out this past weekend there.. we limited out on flounders. Caught one slot red.. I didn't have luck on mullet... but good on live shrimp.

LOL! "I'm one of the few asians with a real fishing license!"

Proud Annual Texas Parks and Wildlife Cardholder.
SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Hill Hopper] #6744427 10/17/11 10:07 PM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Hill Hopper
I was out this past weekend there.. we limited out on flounders. Caught one slot red.. I didn't have luck on mullet... but good on live shrimp.

I was there this past weekend with 2 of my buddies. I saw very few ppl actually limit out on LEGAL flounder. We caught at least a hundred damn flounder between the 3 of us that were between 11-13.5"'s. We fished live mullet, and jigs. Mullet worked just as well as the jigs. We didn't fish inside the actual park, although we did pretty much wade all the way into the park near the pier. Flounder are everywhere right now. We caught most of our larger flounder at a different spot. You have to keep moving around to different areas and not just commit to one spot. If you're doing nothing but catching potato chip sized flounder, then move on to other spots. We moved to a spot that I like that's a few miles away from Pelican Island and caught about 7 keeper flounder right off the back. We got out of the water however, after my friend spotted about a 10ft long bull shark within 150yds of where we were wading! Fun times...

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6745456 10/18/11 02:04 AM
C
Chinaman0389 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
Thanks Guys for that! Hopefully I will get something! Or i might try a different spot

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6745583 10/18/11 02:24 AM
S
saltwaterjunky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Come on skeered of a little bitty ol shark.... bolt sarcastic ,,,Bill

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: saltwaterjunky] #6746116 10/18/11 04:20 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: stuck in ftworth
Come on skeered of a little bitty ol shark.... bolt sarcastic ,,,Bill

Well, he may not want to eat me, but my stringer full of flounder might do it for him... Also, I was being conservative on the 10ft estimate... I know sharks, and this one had a dorsal fin that you could wind surf with!!

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6747141 10/18/11 03:50 PM
S
saltwaterjunky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Just teasing,when I read that all I could think of these guys fishing in the surf chest deep in water,if a shark grabs a stringer or decides he wants to try u out for dinner ur in deep shizz it ain`t gonna be pretty,kinda like the guys that do the surf thing in kyaks and go off shore sorry that`s not enough boat under my azz there`s things out there that make kyaks seem very very small guess i`m just not a thrill seeker[look at that jumper the other day with the wind suits chute didn`t open hit the water at 60mph] scared that`one of those deals with the bullet sooner or later it`s got ur name on it...I`m just sayn!!!! Bill

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6747544 10/18/11 05:24 PM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
If it makes anyone feel any better I have been swimming to the 4th and 5th sandbar since I was about 12 ... Casting out then swimming back to the 2nd sand bar to put my rod in a PVC pipe stuck in the sand. And fising for Whiting and smaller fish ... Never once have I had a bad encounter ... Although I have seen many a shark and marine life. Watch out for the Jellies .... thats what I worry about more so than Shark. Another rule of thumb ... don;t get in the water at Dusk or Dawn ...

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: TrueTexan] #6760916 10/22/11 06:54 PM
K
Kisndismis Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
3 limits there this morning, get out there, and that was at a low tide time@@@

Watch it happen, make it happen, or say what the hell happened. Capt. Phil Harris F/V Cornelia Marie RIP
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6761026 10/22/11 08:03 PM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
just when i had my mind up i am going golfing i had to read this report //// Guess fishing it is I willl have pictures up later tonight of the catch ... well ... thats wishful thinking ...

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6782723 10/28/11 01:40 PM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I can finally confirm that the bite is on at Seawolf park ... and the mosuqitoes were not even that bad ... I couldn't believe it. However, the people are there in the MASSES.

HERE'S A TIP ... when you are driving to the park and see the no parking signs ... stop right before them there is a road to your left right there ... bring a WAGON load your junk in the wagon walk down that road about 1/2 mile ... you will see the water on your right ... The people from seawolf don;t normally come that far down ... So you should have plenty of room.

Good Luck ...

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: TrueTexan] #6804769 11/03/11 04:38 PM
K
KrazyFish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: TrueTexan
I can finally confirm that the bite is on at Seawolf park ... and the mosuqitoes were not even that bad ... I couldn't believe it. However, the people are there in the MASSES.

HERE'S A TIP ... when you are driving to the park and see the no parking signs ... stop right before them there is a road to your left right there ... bring a WAGON load your junk in the wagon walk down that road about 1/2 mile ... you will see the water on your right ... The people from seawolf don;t normally come that far down ... So you should have plenty of room.

Good Luck ...

Is the road big enought to drive your vehicle?

-=Stop teasing me or I'll put a hook in your upper lip=-
-= FEAR NO FISH=-
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: KrazyFish] #6805217 11/03/11 06:34 PM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: KrazyFish

Good Luck ...

The road is closed off to vehicles. Years ago it used to be open and we used to drive a ways down the road and fish there. The fishing was really good there and there was alot less pressure. We used to call is the 40yd dash from hell because the mosquitoes would be so thick between your car and the water that you'd have to run like hell to try and keep them off you. IT didn't matter though, everyone still got stung by those mini fighter jets! They'd stay on you like fly on s**t. If you could get past the mosquitos the fishing was really good.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: TrueTexan] #6805227 11/03/11 06:38 PM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

Good Luck ...

You got to be out of your damn mind!! You obviously didn't get there really early. From about 6am-8am the mosquitoes were terrible. My friend got bit at least a hundred times...on his arms alone! We had to bail and go get the 100% deet bug spray. I wish I had taken pictures....horrible...just horrible! And this was in the area where you park on the side of the road and walk to the fishing grounds. We have been parking there and fishing both sides of the island for years, but the mosquitos were so bad that we just decided to pay to play and go inside the park. The mosquitos are not nearly as bad inside the park.

Last edited by IgotSNAGGED; 11/03/11 06:39 PM.
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6805235 11/03/11 06:41 PM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I'd also like to add that Seawolf Park/Pelican Island has already been overfished. No more flounder. Everyone stay home and save your gas money, or go find other areas to fish..... nannyboo

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: KrazyFish] #6805363 11/03/11 07:19 PM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W

Good Luck ...

i think theres a gate that blocks u. But you can ride your skooter in there.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6805427 11/03/11 07:38 PM
K
KrazyFish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
That's a really good idea.

-= FEAR NO FISH=-
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: KrazyFish] #6805447 11/03/11 07:45 PM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
That's a really good idea.

not really. cus if your skooter breaks down. u is phked.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6809104 11/04/11 06:44 PM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
You must wear OFF ... and long sleeves even if it is warm and long pants .. I am assuming you would be in waders ...

Also, don't get Off on your hands and then reach into your BAIT BUCKET and kill all of your LIVE bait. The key to catching the flounders is keeping those minnows ALIVE !!!

There are more Flounder out at Seawolf park than 200-300 people could catch especially at 2 a piece.

THEY ARE MAKING THIER ANNUAL RUN SO IT'S MORE THAT THEY ARE PASSING THROUGH THAT AREA THAN THEM JUST BEING THERE ALL THE TIME.

IgotSNAGGED, don't worry there is plenty of room out there for ya and plenty of fish.

O yeah ... I caught them in deeper water last sunday ... I think that was because the water temperature was a weee bit warm. They should be back in the shallows with this cooler weather here !!!

Good Luck to all of you !

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6809111 11/04/11 06:45 PM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
BTW, from years past the Mosquitoes are not quite as bad ... I remember last year I had nothign but the back side of my hand showing for skin. I look down and see like 20 of those blood suckers .. I am like holy [censored] !!!

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6809292 11/04/11 07:35 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
****************ATTENTION********

IF ANYONE SEES THE GREEN ALUMINUM JOHN BOAT ANCHORING RIGHT OFF THE BEACH DOWN THE WAYS AT SEAWOLF... WATCH THEM... USUALLY 5 GUYS. THEY ARE VIETNAMESE..(MY PEOPLE)... BUT WATCH THEM BECAUSE I SAW THEM BAG MORE THAN THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO AND KEEPING UNDERSIZED FLOUNDERS. I WATCHED THEM LEAVE TO DROP OFF THE FLOUNDERS IN THEIR CAR AND COME RIGHT BACK. FOR ANOTHER 20-30 FLOUNDER. they knew I was watching them drop 10 inch flounders in their cooler.

CALL THE GAME WARDEN....

When their spot started to slow down... they pulled anchor and drifted right into my spot that I was slamming flounders at. Then, they dropped anchor and sat right over my spot.

....Didn't stop me from throwing my line right at them.

I'll be out there this sat and Sun again.

Going fishing sunday because my Indy Colts suck this season. Peyton Manning can retire for all I care. Just wants his $28MM so he is refusing to throw the football so that the Colts can't make an assessment on him. What a greedy punk. We can afford to sign someone else because he's hogging the money, even when injured. Truth is, the healing on this neck nerves have not gotten any better. he's afraid to get cut. His career is over.

"Suck for Andrew Luck!"

Last edited by Hill Hopper; 11/04/11 07:39 PM.

SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Hill Hopper] #6810233 11/05/11 12:41 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
****************ATTENTION********

IF ANYONE SEES THE GREEN ALUMINUM JOHN BOAT ANCHORING RIGHT OFF THE BEACH DOWN THE WAYS AT SEAWOLF... WATCH THEM... USUALLY 5 GUYS. THEY ARE VIETNAMESE..(MY PEOPLE)... BUT WATCH THEM BECAUSE I SAW THEM BAG MORE THAN THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO AND KEEPING UNDERSIZED FLOUNDERS. I WATCHED THEM LEAVE TO DROP OFF THE FLOUNDERS IN THEIR CAR AND COME RIGHT BACK. FOR ANOTHER 20-30 FLOUNDER. they knew I was watching them drop 10 inch flounders in their cooler.

CALL THE GAME WARDEN....

When their spot started to slow down... they pulled anchor and drifted right into my spot that I was slamming flounders at. Then, they dropped anchor and sat right over my spot.

....Didn't stop me from throwing my line right at them.

I'll be out there this sat and Sun again.

Going fishing sunday because my Indy Colts suck this season. Peyton Manning can retire for all I care. Just wants his $28MM so he is refusing to throw the football so that the Colts can't make an assessment on him. What a greedy punk. We can afford to sign someone else because he's hogging the money, even when injured. Truth is, the healing on this neck nerves have not gotten any better. he's afraid to get cut. His career is over.

"Suck for Andrew Luck!"

Next time, break out your light saber and show em what the force is all about...
I like how your post went from guys poaching flounder to worrying about Indy's salary cap...hahaha
The game wardens will be out there in full force this time of year. Even though you can't see them, they see you... Just let them do their job.

Last edited by IgotSNAGGED; 11/05/11 12:41 AM.
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: TrueTexan] #6810624 11/05/11 02:24 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
You must wear OFF ... and long sleeves even if it is warm and long pants .. I am assuming you would be in waders ...

Also, don't get Off on your hands and then reach into your BAIT BUCKET and kill all of your LIVE bait. The key to catching the flounders is keeping those minnows ALIVE !!!

There are more Flounder out at Seawolf park than 200-300 people could catch especially at 2 a piece.

THEY ARE MAKING THIER ANNUAL RUN SO IT'S MORE THAT THEY ARE PASSING THROUGH THAT AREA THAN THEM JUST BEING THERE ALL THE TIME.

IgotSNAGGED, don't worry there is plenty of room out there for ya and plenty of fis
h.

O yeah ... I caught them in deeper water last sunday ... I think that was because the water temperature was a weee bit warm. They should be back in the shallows with this cooler weather here !!!

Good Luck to all of you !

Not for long... besides, there are way better places to fish for flounder this time of year, and it's so much less crowded at those places. I only go to Seawolf on weekdays, or when my other spots are being fished by the few locals that know about them. I hate combat fishing...

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6811122 11/05/11 06:20 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Well, I am by no means a local ... I have only been fishing here in salt water for 2 years ... loving it ... its a big change from bass crappie and catfishing ...

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: TrueTexan] #6813176 11/06/11 01:29 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Well, I am by no means a local ... I have only been fishing here in salt water for 2 years ... loving it ... its a big change from bass crappie and catfishing ...

You're a SaltyHead now...hahaha I love inshore fishing just as much as I enjoy offshore/tuna fishing. Flounder...those pesky flounder. I get pretty geek'd out durring the fall and summer flounder runs. smile

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6813260 11/06/11 01:51 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I limited out o boy a whole two today on the right side right there on the rocks at high tide right when tide was changing. Only hit mullet ... mud minnows weren't working and I switched to a bright yellow chart jerking shad trailing the mullet took about 6 casts for 4 fish .... only 3 keepers and one 14 incher ... two 20+ inches kept ... bummer could only keep two ...

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: TrueTexan] #6813350 11/06/11 02:21 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I limited out o boy a whole two today on the right side right there on the rocks at high tide right when tide was changing. Only hit mullet ... mud minnows weren't working and I switched to a bright yellow chart jerking shad trailing the mullet took about 6 casts for 4 fish .... only 3 keepers and one 14 incher ... two 20+ inches kept ... bummer could only keep two ...

20"+ flounder is a nice fish man. Good job. I was tearing them up on the 6" jerkshads too last time.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6817144 11/07/11 03:24 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Again today ... caught about 20 ... retained 6 between me my wife and fathern law ... woohooo ... one 25incher ... the rest were around 20inches ... except one that I killed jerkin the darn hook out when he swallowed it ... ugh ... it was 17 inches ... They are biting like crazy !!! GO GO GO GUYS !!!

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6818868 11/07/11 06:27 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I slammed them on Saturday at Seawolf. Caught my 2 flounder. Stood around to catch and release about 25 more. Average was about 16-18 inchers. One got payback and bit me.

SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6819157 11/07/11 08:04 PM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
hahahah .. they should REQUIRE everyone to use atleast a 6/0 hook fishing right now ... aweful to see small fished caught and killed because they swallowed small hook.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6819578 11/07/11 09:44 PM
K
KrazyFish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Save me a spot ... Going there this weekend ...

-= FEAR NO FISH=-
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6819711 11/07/11 10:17 PM
D
Duma Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
Lets see some flounder pictures.Show us your trophy catches.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6820411 11/08/11 01:35 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I wouldn't call any of my catches ***TROPHY*** catches ... I am stillw aiting on that 26" flounder ... or "SADDLE BLANKET" that I have heard stories about ... I had trouble catching them ... I cant lie .. I missed 5-10 fish before i started catching them .. finally just let my bell open and let the fish run two to three times ... anywhere from 15-30 seconds it just spooling line off ... then I finally could catch them REDICULOUS !!!! on a side note ... I can't fix my pictures to be a certain size .. come on WEB PROGRAMMERS !!! Fix it for me where I just upload and you fix the "Parameters" ... I am too busy watching MNF and other hobbies .. See ya
ll there on Saturday morning I will be there on the right before you get in the park !!!

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6821346 11/08/11 04:57 AM
D
deepdown Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
do you need waders to fish at seawolf park for flounder? or can you fish on the bank?

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: deepdown] #6821968 11/08/11 02:28 PM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted By: deepdown
do you need waders to fish at seawolf park for flounder? or can you fish on the bank?

you dont need it but its a big advantage to have one on. more versatile.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6824852 11/09/11 01:55 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
The flounder were in there thick yesterday evening, got my limit within (no joke) 10 minutes, then played catch and release for a while since the drive was over 30 minutes, just wouldn't seem right to leave right away. Fished with tandem rig strawberry/white and glow/chartreuse, all the flounder hit the strawberry/white. The two I kept were about 19" each, the rest were 16/17
Oh and I talked with a guy when I got there about the fishing but also the litter along the road where everone parks. A few things were brought up, aside from the obvious ones he mentioned that the city officials have taken notice of it. Worse case scenario is that they just end up not allowing people to park along the road, that would suck. So in light of this, I am going to make an effort to pick up some of the trash everytime I fish there, which is very often. If enough people do this I think we can get it cleaned up, just a suggestion, like they say leave an area cleaner than it was when you got there.

Good luck to all...

THIS WAS CUT AND PASTED FROM THE another fishing site ... but it is seriously a good idea ... PLEASE PEOPLE PICK UP YOUR [censored] !!! and maybe smoeone elses !!!

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6825151 11/09/11 03:04 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
damn...I was going to stop by and get my 2 before my tuna trip on friday, but plans have changed. I have caught some big flounder this time of year and later in the winter....big bait...that's the key.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6832322 11/10/11 10:45 PM
D
deepdown Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
if you don't have waders, where would you fish at seawolf park? inside the park? Thanks!

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6832839 11/11/11 01:02 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Well, there are many options. Really find any place that you can fish from right now during the run. In my opinion you should just use Finger Mullet ... they were hard to find last weekend ... sure there will be some more aroudn this weekend .. No matter what people tell you.. mud minnows are not as good. Although I have caught them off of both of the baits and even plastics ... it is more difficult.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6832847 11/11/11 01:04 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Thinking about it again before you ghet into seawolf park .. there is a road on the left up before the no parking signs ... walk all the way down that road about a half mile .. bring a WAGON to carry your stuff in ... You will finally see a beach on your right ... Great fishing there ... And hardly noone there. You could also try your chance with the rocks but you need to bring lots of tackle if you are doing that without waders.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6835622 11/11/11 09:29 PM
D
deepdown Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
do you catch flounder off the beach?

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6836781 11/12/11 05:09 AM
TrueTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I have not caught them off of the beach. you shuold definately try the Texas City Dike ... but BE CAREFUL ... I REPEAT MANY PEOPLE DIE OUT THERE A YEAR >>> BE CAREFUL !!!!

Watch the big ships coming through the channel.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: deepdown] #6837704 11/12/11 06:15 PM
J
Jean Scurtu Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: deepdown
if you don't have waders, where would you fish at seawolf park? inside the park? Thanks!

You can catch flounder fishing inside the park,close to pier ,left side and close with some rocks.

Jean Scurtu

"BORN TO FISH,FORCED TO WORK"
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Jean Scurtu] #6839232 11/13/11 03:02 AM
D
Duma Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
Just floundering around with my son today.The run is on and the large females are here,and lots of them.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6839327 11/13/11 03:29 AM
D
deepdown Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
wow addicted fishing, thats awesome! did you catch those froma boat? if you don't mind me asking

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: deepdown] #6839433 11/13/11 03:51 AM
D
Duma Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D

From a YAK

Last edited by addicted2fishing; 11/13/11 04:56 AM.
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6841130 11/13/11 08:21 PM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
NIce! thats some good size ones

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6850854 11/16/11 05:19 PM
B
BrettB Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Got to Seawolf at 7 this morning. Fished off the rocks at the right side of the pier. Used Flounder Pounders on a 3/8th jig, my girlfriend was using fresh dead shrimp on a Carolina rig. We had our limits on ice by 745. Decided to stick around. Tried out a sabiki rig for the first time and caught a ton of croaker and sand trout. Threw one of the smaller croaked out on a 6/0 hook, soaked it for about 20 minutes before something big caught me by surprise and cut my line.

All in all we caught 13 flounder, enough croaker for me and the guy next to us, and hooked into a Gulf monster. Great day of fishing, really was beautiful out there and the park was surprisingly clean. It also wasn't nearly as crowded as I anticipated.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6850869 11/16/11 05:24 PM
K
KrazyFish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Great Report.

Thank you

-= FEAR NO FISH=-
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6855601 11/18/11 01:01 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Guy got busted last weekend and was arrested, had his truck impounded, and gear confiscated. They caught him keeping 10 flounder. Guy kept limiting out and going back to his truck and coming back for more. Game wardens are out in full force right now. There are teams on the water with binos, and teams in trucks and on foot busting people right now. That was an expensive trip for that guy. It was nutts cuz there were at least 100 people wading in the water that day, and how they caught him is beyond me.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6857492 11/18/11 03:59 PM
C
cudakilla Offline
Angler
Angler
C
10 flounder? That's five trips back to the truck. That's pretty obvious to the other 100 people fishing there I bet. One of those guys probably turned him in. I would.

www.cudakilla.com
"The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them." John Gierach
Cudakilla Videos
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6867357 11/21/11 07:27 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I was out at Seawolf Park fishing the beach side on Saturday, Nov 18th.. I caught my two... 19" & 21" early in the day and had them on ice. i went back out and did catch and realease the rest of the day since I still had a dozen mullet, and a dozen mud minnows. I caught my limit on Gulp before I had a chance to use live bait. I did catch a buzz on 2 beers and empty stomach... and landed about 25 more flounders. My last cast and catch of the day and the dang flounder swallowed the hook. i felt so bad throwing him back knowing the fella probably would not live. But, glad I did... as soon as I left the Seawolf Park exit gate... I was asked to stop and open eveything. Game Wardens were out everywhere and had 2-3 cars pulled over. While one GW was talking to me, another one yells out... "this guys has flounders stashed everywhere!"... The GW put the guy in handcuffs and said... 'You are going to jail.".... Even though I felt guilty for letting a flounder die, I'm sure glad I did release him. I would have kept him and let another flounder go but I put my 2 on ice right away.

SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Hill Hopper] #6867527 11/21/11 08:18 PM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
I was out at Seawolf Park fishing the beach side on Saturday, Nov 18th.. I caught my two... 19" & 21" early in the day and had them on ice. i went back out and did catch and realease the rest of the day since I still had a dozen mullet, and a dozen mud minnows. I caught my limit on Gulp before I had a chance to use live bait. I did catch a buzz on 2 beers and empty stomach... and landed about 25 more flounders. My last cast and catch of the day and the dang flounder swallowed the hook. i felt so bad throwing him back knowing the fella probably would not live. But, glad I did... as soon as I left the Seawolf Park exit gate... I was asked to stop and open eveything. Game Wardens were out everywhere and had 2-3 cars pulled over. While one GW was talking to me, another one yells out... "this guys has flounders stashed everywhere!"... The GW put the guy in handcuffs and said... 'You are going to jail.".... Even though I felt guilty for letting a flounder die, I'm sure glad I did release him. I would have kept him and let another flounder go but I put my 2 on ice right away.

Dam! i'm gonna catch croaker instead just to be safe.lol

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Wilson Biddy] #6867776 11/21/11 09:44 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: Wilson Biddy
Dam! i'm gonna catch croaker instead just to be safe.lol

Just just big mullet and nail the big flounders. I nearly spent $200 on gas, food, bait and beer and entry into Seawolf. Plus tackle from academy... which adds up...

All this to catch 2 damn flounder.

And.... for fun, I pulled out my UL action rod and reel with 6lb test. The outcome was that my pole shattered in 3 pieces.... but it sure was fun.

SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6872511 11/23/11 02:49 AM
N
no_luck Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
N
I am taking the kids to Seawolf in the morning is the best place that is kid friendly to catch flounder? In the park they say the pier left or right is good? Any other parts of the park good for flounder. They also said finger mullet is that dead or alive on a carolina rig?

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6875066 11/23/11 11:08 PM
S
stratdog Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Thinking about going out on Friday. Any recent reports?

Thanks

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: stratdog] #6888007 11/28/11 06:39 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: stratdog
Thinking about going out on Friday. Any recent reports?

Thanks

It's been good out there. I tried somewhere new and it didn't produce nothing. Went back to Seawolf and caught my limit in 15 minutes. The key for me is the time of day, when I noticed them stack up.

SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6891968 11/29/11 09:01 PM
B
bal4joey Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
What's the magic time of day? Gonna be down tomorrow for a few days and thought about trying SWP. Thanks for any info!

Romans 5:1
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6892763 11/30/11 12:38 AM
T
texasflycaster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

Salsa fighting a southern flounder on fly.

Salsa does his best flounder face.

Another Black Friday flounder.

Pretty good Black Friday action on the fly at Sea Wolf Park. Friendly Texas combat fishing scene.

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Hill Hopper] #6897657 12/01/11 01:49 PM
breambuster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Game Wardens were out everywhere and had 2-3 cars pulled over. While one GW was talking to me, another one yells out... "this guys has flounders stashed everywhere!"... The GW put the guy in handcuffs and said... 'You are going to jail."....

Glad they're hammering those who believe they can get away with it. Chalk one up for the good guys! Why worry about not being within the law if you do follow the regulations, size and bag limits that are set for everyone?

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6911903 12/05/11 07:57 PM
W
WahooBob Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Ill be by there next week at the cost guard base ill tell you how the fishing is there OH i cant wait I bet there stacked in there like crazy

[img]

Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: Chinaman0389] #6918566 12/07/11 05:26 PM
J
jugmaster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Wahoo,
I will be in Houston on Monday.
Call me

Father and Son
ELITE ANGLERS
Re: Seawolf Park? [Re: bal4joey] #6922245 12/08/11 05:54 PM
H
Hill Hopper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: bal4joey
What's the magic time of day? Gonna be down tomorrow for a few days and thought about trying SWP. Thanks for any info!

I've done pretty good after 3pm. I'm noticing production about 30 minutes after the green water comes in.

SUPPORT TEXAS PARKS
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide