1. Harbor Freight should have what you need.
2. I believe that the BassHunter has rod storage but you can easily create your own with some creativity.
4. Any size would do but you may want to consider a 10 ft and an extra battery or a small outboard on water that large. I've struggled on 1000 acres with a full charge by myself. Another factor is whether you want the ability to take a fishing buddy with you.
5. Private Water Fishing is a pay for access fishing club located in Dallas which provides members access to tons of private ranch lakes and ponds all over the state but most are within an hour of DFW.
6. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime to catch a few.
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten".~Winston Wolf