Print Thread
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
Re: best bbq in texas [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #10629900 02/19/15 01:45 PM
C
coolray Offline
Team Redneck
Team Redneck
C
Big Fish BBQ in Southlake Texas, Best I ever had.

Re: best bbq in texas [Re: coolpix9] #10645712 02/25/15 03:23 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted By: coolpix9
Kind of a newcomer but excellent 'Cue. You won't leave hungry here !
http://www.meatuanywhere.com/

Tried this place out last weekend. I ordered brisket, pork ribs, sausage (regular and jalapeño cheddar), and smoked peppered beef tenderloin. I liked all the meats with the exception of the ribs ( I didn't care for the rub). Brisket was smoked well and had a fantastic bark. The beef tenderloin was really good too. Of the two sausages, I preferred the jalapeño cheddar, but the basic German sausage was also very good. Only tried one side (jalapeño bacon mac n' cheese) and thought it was good as well. I will be going back here.

Re: best bbq in texas [Re: olducker] #10645736 02/25/15 03:27 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted By: olducker
Tried Hutchins in Mckinney a couple of days ago. I thought it was quite good. The ribs have a bit of sweet to them but still good. The brisket was very good. I did ask for moist cut. The sausage was ok nothing special. The side dishes were pretty darn good. The Mac and cheese was the best.
Bye the way I also like Stanleys in Tyler.. good ribs and brisket

I love Hutchins. It is defiantly one of my top 3 barbecue joints in DFW. They changed up their sausage recipe last year and I don't care for the new sausage, but the brisket and ribs are always great. They also have the best smoked chicken I have ever had. We used to go there 2-3 times a month and not have any issues having to wait in line. Since they made the Texas Monthly Top 50, there has been a wait every time I have gone. Even the drive thru is 6-10 cars long now, but they run you through the lines pretty quick.

Re: best bbq in texas [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #10924607 06/18/15 03:32 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Met some buddies in Austin last week with the idea of eating some barbecue and hanging out. We went to two of my favorites, Freedmen's and Franklin Barbecue, but also tried out Micklethwait Craft Meats for the first time.

We started out by hitting Freedmen's Bar, which I think is one of the most underrated barbecue joints in town. Ordered the Holy Trinity plate and the brisket, ribs, and sausage were all on point. Also tried out the Holy Mary, which was a Bloody Mary garnished with a rib, a slice of brisket, and sausage. In all honesty, this was a meal in itself.

The next morning, we took a cooler full of beer and water so we could brave the line at Franklin Barbecue. We got there at 8 a.m. thinking we would beat the majority of the crowd, but we were wrong. The time really flew by and we had a great time catching up. The man himself, Aaron Franklin, was even cutting the meat on this day. The last two times we went, he has just been greeting patrons and working around the pits. I had the brisket, turkey, and pulled pork. The brisket was as great as ever and the turkey was amazing too. I tried the pulled pork for the first time and thought it was good, but not the best I have ever had. That being said, one bite of the moist brisket makes your understand why Aaron Franklin became the first barbecue pit master to ever win a James Beard Award for a region.

Last edited by NDN98; 06/18/15 03:36 AM.
Re: best bbq in texas [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #10924610 06/18/15 03:33 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
On our way out of town, we also stopped at Micklethwait Craft meats and had a positive experience. I ordered the three meat plate with Andouille Sausage (they offer a different house-made sausage each day), Ribs, and Brisket. All three meats were very good, but the Andouille was some of the best I have ever had. I am usually not much for sides when it comes to barbecue, but the Poppy Lemon Cole Slaw and Jalapeño Cheese Grits were off the charts good. I also finished off the meal with a homemade moon pie. Although not as good as Franklin or Freedmen's, I still really liked this place and would be glad to go again because there was only a short line when we went and the barbecue was well above average.

Re: best bbq in texas [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #10928332 06/19/15 05:53 PM
R
roadtrip Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: Bandit 200 XP
Originally Posted By: coolpix9
Kind of a newcomer but excellent 'Cue. You won't leave hungry here !
http://www.meatuanywhere.com/
Won't stay in business at $19.00 a pound for Brisket

I went through the drive thru at soulmans in Terrell a couple of months ago for a pound of brisket and when I saw it was $18 i kept right on going. Was at Mac's in Dallas a couple of days ago, a rib plate was 17.99. What's the world coming to?

Re: best bbq in texas [Re: NDN98] #10928336 06/19/15 05:54 PM
R
roadtrip Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: NDN98
On our way out of town, we also stopped at Micklethwait Craft meats and had a positive experience. I ordered the three meat plate with Andouille Sausage (they offer a different house-made sausage each day), Ribs, and Brisket. All three meats were very good, but the Andouille was some of the best I have ever had. I am usually not much for sides when it comes to barbecue, but the Poppy Lemon Cole Slaw and Jalapeño Cheese Grits were off the charts good. I also finished off the meal with a homemade moon pie. Although not as good as Franklin or Freedmen's, I still really liked this place and would be glad to go again because there was only a short line when we went and the barbecue was well above average.

That looks great and thanks for sharing, but that looks like a snack. Does that sign say "Free Beer Wednesday"?
By the way, you'd make a great barbecue writer for some magazine.

Re: best bbq in texas [Re: roadtrip] #10936592 06/24/15 03:48 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted By: roadtrip
Originally Posted By: NDN98

That looks great and thanks for sharing, but that looks like a snack. Does that sign say "Free Beer Wednesday"?
By the way, you'd make a great barbecue writer for some magazine.

Yep, they had free beer on the day we went. Another plus in my book.

Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide