Forums59
Topics1,039,185
Posts13,960,544
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! #6025666 04/03/11 07:07 PM
S
SoCal Tom Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
The Ray Hubbard Bass Club will be holding our monthly meeting next Thursday night, April 7th at 7:00PM. We will be at Weekends Restaurant in Robertson Park on Lake Ray Hubbard.
600 Cooke Dr.
Rowlett, TX 75088
Make sure you tell them at the door you are with the RHBC as they normally don’t open until 7:00, but they will let you in if you are with the Club.
We will be discussing our Lake Tawakoni Tournament this coming Saturday. It looks like we will have to have a ramp change so bring your input. We will be voting on our Championship Lake selection based on the input of our members from last month. We will also be voting on the criteria for qualifying members for the Top Six tournament that is being put on by Fun-N-Sun. These are very large issues, so if you are a member, or would like to be a member and vote on these issues, you need to be there.

We will of course be taking memberships as always and discussing other pressing Club business. We are getting close to cutoff time for new members to fish enough tournaments to qualify for AOY and the Club Championship. You must fish 6 tournaments and participate in one of our Community events to qualify for AOY and the Championship.

You do not have to be a member to attend! You never know, you may like what you hear from our Club and decide it's worth joining and fishing with us. PM or e-mail me with any questions or for more information. Hope to see you there!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6025679 04/03/11 07:12 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Why the Ramp Change?

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6025680 04/03/11 07:12 PM
O
Outdoor Therapy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
See you boys there.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: RedRanger] #6025735 04/03/11 07:28 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Why the Ramp Change?

We tried to launch at the West Tawakoni City park ramp last weekend, and it's so shallow that all 4 wheels on Snakes truck were in the water to get the boat off. If the lake comes up 3 feet by Saturday, we'll be okay. smile It's too bad, because it's a nice facility.

President

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6025785 04/03/11 07:46 PM
J
Jigfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
i launched by the 2mile bridge and rabbit had a good ramp, it cost $5 bucks and a one lane ramp and out of the wind. just my penny and 1/2 input.

Thanks,

The weak call it obsession, the strong call it dedication!
Jigfish

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6025791 04/03/11 07:48 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Why the Ramp Change?

We tried to launch at the West Tawakoni City park ramp last weekend, and it's so shallow that all 4 wheels on Snakes truck were in the water to get the boat off. If the lake comes up 3 feet by Saturday, we'll be okay. smile It's too bad, because it's a nice facility.

If that's the same ramp ya'll used for the RHBC T last year, then we had no issue using the ramp. It the ramp right before you cross the lake on the left side before the first bridge that cross Tawak

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: RedRanger] #6025962 04/03/11 08:43 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
thats the 2 mile bridge public ramp Jack. thats a good one to use.

see you guys thurs night! dont forget I am giving a 5 pound handicap on cypress springs this year wink

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: RedRanger] #6026211 04/03/11 09:59 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Why the Ramp Change?

If that's the same ramp ya'll used for the RHBC T last year, then we had no issue using the ramp. It the ramp right before you cross the lake on the left side before the first bridge that cross Tawak

That was the Public Ramp on 276. We were looking at using the new park facility that the City of West Tawakoni built last year for PAA. It has a large parking lot and bathrooms and a brand new ramp. The problem is the bay it's located in is a shallow flat and with the lake down 4 feet, it's just not usable right now.

President

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6026225 04/03/11 10:03 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Why the Ramp Change?

That was the Public Ramp on 276. We were looking at using the new park facility that the City of West Tawakoni built last year for PAA. It has a large parking lot and bathrooms and a brand new ramp. The problem is the bay it's located in is a shallow flat and with the lake down 4 feet, it's just not usable right now.

hammer

Me and Bob used that ramp Saturday. We thought it was West Tawakoni City Park Ramp.

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: RedRanger] #6027051 04/04/11 01:39 AM
J
jcartwheel Offline
Angler
Angler
J
276 Pubic Ramp was okay Saturday, just lots of bank fisherman when we came in that afternoon!!
How was the prefish for everyone else????????

Feel good about what you found??????

Low water sure has changed the game and exposed a lot of good structure that used to hold fish! Kind of hard getting those BIG boats back in the shallows, HUH???

Jeff Cartwright, Celina Bass Club Treasurer
aka- cartwheel
GIG'EM AGGIES!!!!

"Everyone must believe in something-----I believe I'll go Fishing."

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: jcartwheel] #6027056 04/04/11 01:41 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: jcartwheel
276 Pubic Ramp was okay Saturday, just lots of bank fisherman when we came in that afternoon!!

Low water sure has changed the game and exposed a lot of good structure that used to hold fish! Kind of hard getting those BIG boats back in the shallows, HUH???

Pretty much the lake suxs, that includes the fishing.......

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: RedRanger] #6027080 04/04/11 01:46 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
I would disagree with that. I love fishing Tawakoni, especially this time of year. Looking forward to Saturday. RHBC is there!

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...t_Saturd#UNREAD

President

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6028036 04/04/11 11:46 AM
W
Wavemaker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Yes they built the ramp for the last PAA event. They did a good job on the ramp part but it was not usable even then. Wish they would have dredged it out some as it is way to shallow.

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: RedRanger] #6028158 04/04/11 12:44 PM
TBassYates Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: jcartwheel

Pretty much the lake suxs, that includes the fishing.......

Jack,
I thought I saw you a couple of times during the day in a big old Ranger. Looks like you were sun bathing in that tank top. We had to do some major scrambling all day during the Media tournament. Our practice area's didn't produce much so we just started running around and luckily picked up a fish or two here and there for a 15 1/2 lb. limit which didn't do us too good with all of the good anglers we were fishing against. I am just lucky to have my buddy Craig to fish with because we had a blast and fished hard for what we had thanks to him. Good luck next weekend.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ray Hubbard Bass Club April Meeting is Thursday night! [Re: TBassYates] #6028346 04/04/11 01:42 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: TBassYates

I thought I saw you a couple of times during the day in a big old Ranger. Looks like you were sun bathing in that tank top. We had to do some major scrambling all day during the Media tournament. Our practice area's didn't produce much so we just started running around and luckily picked up a fish or two here and there for a 15 1/2 lb. limit which didn't do us too good with all of the good anglers we were fishing against. I am just lucky to have my buddy Craig to fish with because we had a blast and fished hard for what we had thanks to him. Good luck next weekend.

Yea, I was in Green Z520 with 2 Power Poles, Nice day to be out on the lake. All we could find was 13" bass

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide