Forums59
Topics1,039,142
Posts13,959,864
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: themattaconda] #6641146 09/17/11 02:02 AM
S
SBridgess Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
If your opinion of TFO and their products is so low, why do you sell them? hmmm

Last edited by SBridgess; 09/17/11 02:03 AM. Reason: Took last in spelling bee.
Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: themattaconda] #6641237 09/17/11 02:20 AM
Bass Bug Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: themattaconda
first off i sell the bvk and tfo lineup of rods. im also a high end builder and am not trying to brag but i know my gear and materials better than most. first off the bvk actually made me think tfo was heading in a good direction....till i started to get complaints of breakage. broke one today pulling 6 lbs of pressure in 4 different locations on a 9 wt.! and theyre not rec recoils. theyre a knock off company...much like tfo

Originally Posted By: SBridgess
If your opinion of TFO and their products is so low, why do you sell them? hmmm

I doubt you get him to reply, his only post is to come on here and give his "expert" opinion on the numerous broken BVK rods he's had to deal with, once he has seen how much everybody here likes em, he probably realized there was no market for his "high-end" rods built better than most

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: Bass Bug] #6644343 09/18/11 01:05 PM
Jerry Hamon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
He surely has read Dale Carnegies book on how to make friends and influence people. I'll put a BVK up against his "high end" rod.
Bring it! boxing

Owner/Guide at River Crossing Guide Service

(214) 457-3407
revtcf@gmail.com
Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: Jerry Hamon] #6644730 09/18/11 03:50 PM
S
SBridgess Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
He's a poser. Not a poster. Kinda funny he pulled up a post from 2010. I did learn something. You can't lift a 6 lb. Striper into the boat on a 9 wt. BVK. rolleyes

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: SBridgess] #6644767 09/18/11 04:03 PM
Jerry Hamon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Yea, Jeff did our program this month and strongly warned about the dangers of lifting and "high sticking". I didn't try to lift the 4 pound blue cat with the 3wt BVK rod. I knew that wouldn't work! scared

(214) 457-3407
revtcf@gmail.com
Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: SBridgess] #6645439 09/18/11 07:55 PM
T
Trout Bum Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: SBridgess
I have probably broken more TFO's than most folks. Only one broke while I was fighting a fish. It was a prototype rod that I was testing. It was later redesigned in that area before release. All the others (7+) were broken by stupidity or freak accidents. I have pushed TFO rods way over the limit many times without failure. My rods are tools, not works of art. In my business sh$t happens.

I think the reason you hear about TFO's breaking is their great warranty program. It's so easy to get a rod repaired that people are not affraid to admit they did something stupid.

hey wait a minute scott. i have broke two of your rods on the same trip. is that a record? i too like tfo rods and love the warranty program

[Linked Image]

Fly Fishing Guide

Vice President / Conservation Texas Council of Fly Fishers International

http://texascounciliffi.com/

Join the FFI today!!
https://flyfishersinternational.org/

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: Trout Bum] #6645464 09/18/11 08:06 PM
T
texasflycaster Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Don't all rod makers have essentially the same warranty these days? And do we use our better (more expensive) rods less simply because of the Texas fly fishing environment?

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: texasflycaster] #6648873 09/19/11 05:44 PM
S
scout300 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I too have seen some breakage issues with the BVKs, especially in the cork. Doesn't stop me from using their rods, I break them so often as it is I'll just deal with the cork until I break the tip or rod somewhere. I also fish so much that I think any rod I own will have the same problems. Most of the breakages come from clouserizing rods, throwing flies that are to big (heavy) for the rod for most people.

The higher end rods cost more to get replaced, I have also heard that in some cases it can take months to get the rod back where the longest is has taken TFO to send my rods back is 5 business days. I do want to give the Echo 3 a shot, $30 to send back and it's a pretty sweet casting rod.

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: SBridgess] #6657927 09/22/11 12:19 AM
T
themattaconda Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
ok im here to let EVERYONE KNOW...EVEN MR SLOAN AND GUY TILLISON..... that i was posting to find out if anyone has had any breakeage besides the ones i have heard of. obviously someone thinks they know me on here which if they did it wouldve been left untouched. instead today i get the third degree from the dept mgr (who was the one that actually broke the rod not i as some people assumed which i can understand because of the typo not saying "a"rod was broken.) that said im no longer allowed to talk anything negative in anyway shape or form. but my customers value my opinion and look up to me as an expert and trust me so if i hear of multiple broken rods and im thinking im selling these people a rod thats "just as good as a high dollar rod" then i will be honest. but i took this as a lesson that to keep my job i have to lie to people(which i suppose is the way a customer wants it when they buy rods and gear nowadays). my manager will see this im sure so will mr sloan and guy tillison..... maybe you shouldnt take it as a threat but as a question to look deep and question youre quality control? i never put where i worked or who my name was but somehow it got to TFO in matter of days. so from now on ill be the used car salesman they want me to be so i dont get in more trouble. i work for a company thats built its name on reputationof selling quality products with quality staff and great ownership....and is building my reputation by being employed here the last 6 years. ( so way to go getting another american possibly unemployed just for stating an opinion on a FORUM!!!!!!) so next time you go to your local shop to buy gear for anything you do outdoors...ask yourself is he saying these things cause he is paid to or told to or is he being honest with me! i dont mean to offend anyone and ive never broken a rod via a high stick or candy caneing the rod in my life but c'mon its a 9wt and if you expect me to put less than 6 lbs of side pressure on a rod pulling on a big 36" redfish heading to the groves or a 15lb snook heading towards a piling to turn him then id used a 6 wt i dont care if a rod is $100 or if it is $1,000,000 it better cast well (which the bvk does in my opinion 10 times better than any rod theyve created so far)! SO I REPEAT im sorry if someone got offended and had nothing else better to do but find a way to shout from the rooftops that someone spoke their mind and opinion...in AMERICA!!! AND im in no way shape or form trying to knock temple fork but i actually got excited to see a lightweight rod that had a fast action I LIKED TO CAST!! trust me theres not alot of rods out there i like as of late especially since certain other companies have changed to a more expensive warranty. just remember a forum is not a battleground it is a forum and is open to those to talk fishing and give opinions. so once again i am so truly truly sorry if i offended someone that doesnt know me for speaking the truth. i was told to put a retraction on here but im sticking to my guns on this. cause one thing matters in sales....not whos on your pro staff or who does and does not like your rods but whether or not i can count on them to land the fish of a lifetime if i hook up to it!!!!!! so just dont get mad reading this just take 5 minutes and ask yourself....whats really important here. the freedom of speech and will i land that big fish if i buy a road no matter what company or what price! god bless america and lets make freedom of speech on a forum not get someone fired because thats unconstitutional and if its unconstitutional it is un-american! this is a texas forum and that is a lucky state due to mr ron paul being a part of it whether you like his actions or not. so take some time and look at the freedoms weve lost in the last ten years and hope that we can at least speak freely in the future of our lives, our government, or even a freaking fishing rod. this site forum has a bald eagle and an american flag when you come to it. then i would hope that the person who got so upset with me would make it a debate and make it fun. i would also like to see the person step forward and admit who made the call to whoever they did and when a an immigrant has my job (cause im probably gonna be fired after posting all this) that i wont go on wellfare but will find a way to survive no matter what! i said what i said and i didnt mean to offend anyone BUT IM STICKING TO MY GUNS.....before those are taken away from me too! godbless america and god bless the constitution.......and god bless you and texas! and stick to your words for they represent who you are. for i will not back down to anyone...ever! i can post my phone number on here if anyone wants to scream at me to feel better just dont go and tattle that someone didnt agree with you and get them to lose their job over it!!!!

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: themattaconda] #6658436 09/22/11 02:23 AM
Jerry Hamon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

This is what most folks overlook about BVK rods.

(214) 457-3407
revtcf@gmail.com
Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: Jerry Hamon] #6659152 09/22/11 08:39 AM
B
Brimbum Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
It dosen't sound to me that you have much of a job if you are expected to lie to your ustomers. Why would anyone want to work at a place like that?

Big Dale

Have fun with this stuff.

Brimbum

Texas Perchfighters
Royal Coachman Society
Classic Atlantic Bream Fly Society-Executive Vice President

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: themattaconda] #6659381 09/22/11 01:00 PM
S
SBridgess Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted By: themattaconda
AND im in no way shape or form trying to knock temple fork

I think you need to re-read your last statement. "They are a knock off company.....much like TFO."

There is so much about salesmanship that you do not understand, that I don't know where to begin. Maybe another line of work might be a better fit for you. Times are hard and I wish you the best of luck in finding a new job. cheers

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: SBridgess] #6659675 09/22/11 02:20 PM
T
trapperben Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
I could not (or would not}read that. Your manager should explain paragraphs to you maybe.

Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: trapperben] #6659787 09/22/11 02:48 PM
Bass Bug Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I didn't read it either, too long, too rambling, you need to go sit down & get your thoughts together & then go post a short paragraph where somebody cares
Dear Abby

Last edited by Bass Bug; 09/22/11 02:50 PM.
Re: TFO BVK Fly Rods Product Review [Re: Bass Bug] #6660003 09/22/11 03:35 PM
24x7Fisherman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I managed to read some, it gave me a headache. soap

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide