Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34
Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8223815 11/13/12 04:07 PM
K
Kicker fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Ron,

Please stop getting on here and making suggestions as to why the club is not as successful when you are not willing to join. Once you are a member then you have the right to Bit@#. I know I have been away duing Football Season, and some of the commits have been a ways back. Eddie has done a great job as President. I would expect for him or who ever to do the same kind of job in the feture (find meeting places, promote the club, get new members, and put on a great kid fish). Which he has done all of those well. Another thing for you to suggest that I as Tournment Director have not done a good job when it comes to checking livewells. I would prefer you bring any concerns to me directly and not on here. That indicates to others that there could have been cheating going on. I did not see you offering to help me write names down or, even check Live Wells while I get my boat in. With all of that being said, I have stepped down as the the Tournment director for next year due to my work schedule and location. I will how ever make sure I am at the lake early and will always help out where I can with the Tournment. With as much trash as you talk I expect you to volenteer for the job. Ron plain and simple either get off the thread or join the club.

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8228802 11/14/12 07:59 PM
B
Bassinfool Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Allen,
I dont know where you are getting that Eddie has not done a good job or you have done a good job at all. You know as well as I from fishing other tournament trails that on jackpot tournaments live wells should be checked to prevent those who may actually want to cheat because we dont know them and we (the CBC) did have someone in the past who did exactly that. As far as joining the club again, those were just suggestions that you all may consider if you want more membership at tournaments. What I DONT like is members who are with another tournament trail being Bass Champs, Media, Etc, voting on lakes so that they can pre-fish for those tournament trails, and you know that happened. If rules get changed back to a 'Local Bass Club" like it was intended, we will re-join. Now if you want to talk to me, I go by your school every day at 3-3:30 and in the mornings at 7-7:30 and we can meet. As far as the TD position goes, I don't want that responsibility because I would not be able to fulfill the duty and attend all the tournaments. The thread you speak of is open to everyone, you should have PM me and not posted what you did so that everyone may feel there are problems in the club either. Enough said, we have a difference of opinion and the club is not at fault.

Last edited by Bassinfool; 11/14/12 08:26 PM.

www.funnsun boats. com Pro Staff
Www. Ardentreels.com Pro Staff
www.fishpaa.com
www. Wickedweights. com Pro Staff
www. Hagstornadobaits. com
www.gohardfishing.com Pro Staff
www.alvaradocustomtackle.com Pro Staff
Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8228818 11/14/12 08:03 PM
R
RGBass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I would join you guys if you fished on Saturdays and not on Sundays, any discussion on changing that?

92' Champion

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8229048 11/14/12 09:31 PM
K
Kicker fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Ron

We have voted in lakes the same as Media, but Belton, Waco, and Whitney are within that 75 mile range... The only other division represented by CBC was TTT and only Ray Roberts was voted in. All of those lakes are local according to your 75 mile count, and have been lakes we have gone to in the past. I know for most of us who also fish other trails did not vote for those lakes for the reason you mentioned. Unless I am forgetting one the only lake outside of the 75 mile range this past year was Palastine maybe Leon, but it would be close. I do not work there any more. If I understand you correctly. You want us to not fish a lake fished by any other division and keep it with in 75 miles. With 6 media divisions 4 BLT divisions and 2 Bass Champ divisions our lake choices are getting small. You also want us to be able to fish lakes more than once in a year. So I guess alternating between Cleburne and Cleburne State Park. Alvarado is out due to the fact your couples tourney was fished out there this past year. I don't think that will drive our membership up. I do think staying on the course we have is the ticket and adding some more incentives. Have the club pay for the top 6 to represent us... Entries free for AOY.... Maybe adding a discount to entries if you bring a guest or a new member....yes I know all of those would drop the total pay out per tournament, but it would keep people fishing for something bigger.

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8229472 11/14/12 11:32 PM
B
Bassinfool Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Allan, whether you believe me or not, I am not bashing anything you or the officers do at all. I was merely making suggestions to where it could bring the membership up like it used to be years ago when there would be 15-25 boats at almost all club tourneys. I am not saying if you fish another trail that the club cant fish them at all, just seems as though a couple of times the club tourney was fished prior to a media event in my opinion. We have beat this thing to death, we will just see how the rules come out. By the way, I do consider Eddie and Kevin friends. In the future i will send questions or issues by PM so that people will not get the wrong idea about the club and potential problems.

www.fishpaa.com
Re: cleburne bass club [Re: RGBass] #8229722 11/15/12 12:48 AM
S
ShamrockSmith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: RGBass
I would join you guys if you fished on Saturdays and not on Sundays, any discussion on changing that?
It was not suggested at last meeting so it will stay Sundays for 2013. Sorry.

Ron and Allan, ya'll both make good points. All I can say everything CBC does is by majority vote. Lakes picked, rules, by-laws, officers, etc. and the only people that have the right to complain about anything are the ones showing up to vote. Plain and simple. My 2cents

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8231096 11/15/12 01:51 PM
B
Bassinfool Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
You are right KVS. Maybe this issue will come to rest without any hard feelings towards anyone.

www.fishpaa.com
Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8301391 12/05/12 04:02 PM
K
Kicker fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Looking for a great new year with the CBC... Some rules did change from last year... KVS has the full list, but some of the high lights are as follows...

Kids (12 and under) may be able to fish with you during a Club Tournament with out having to pay... We even will have a Kid division if more than one kid shows up.

75 mile radius was passed... Kevin did bring a list of lakes and it is very short compaired to the list we did have. Hope we catch some water this winter so we can fish some of those lakes.

We will allow a lake to be chosen twice in a given year.

You must fish 50% of all events (18) including Jackpot Tournmants, and have 100 points to qualify for the Year End. That is 9 events you must fish.

We did change the way the AYO points are caculated to be more like BASS... where the more people who you fish against the more points you get. You are allowed to drop your 2 lowest Point totals.

We moved the meeting date to the first Thursday of each month and we will vote on the next months Tourny at the meeting. Next month we will fish on Squaw Creek..

KVS please update if I left anything off... Look for a great year.

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8301512 12/05/12 04:40 PM
B
Bassinfool Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Looks like a lot of hard work went into this meeting. Looks good.

www.fishpaa.com
Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8302394 12/05/12 09:21 PM
S
ShamrockSmith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Thanks Allan.

In addition to those mentioned changes, here are the rest....

* Yearly dues went from $20 to $30 to help cover meeting place expenses.

*CBC must fish at two new lakes per year now instead of three. A new lake is one that wasn't fished the prior year.

*The year-end tournament is now determined by a blind draw at November's meeting instead of the tournament morning at
Whataburger.

*Club tournament winnings are now paid out at the ramp following the tourny instead of at the following months meeting.

*The jackpot tournaments now pay 1 in 5 instead of 10 entries or less only paying one place.

*The angler of the year gets free entry into the following years tournaments. So, whoever gets AOY in 2013 will fish 2014 for free. This only includes basic entry and not big bass pot, 6 pound pot or jackpot tournaments.

Last edited by KVS; 12/05/12 09:23 PM.
Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8311544 12/08/12 04:11 AM
S
ShamrockSmith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
www.CleburneBassClub.com is now updated with all 2013 rules, officers, dates, etc. Check it out!

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8323533 12/11/12 07:01 PM
B
Bassinfool Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Can't make the first one, going to Huntsvill for training on the 6th, maybe the next one.

www.fishpaa.com
Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8327919 12/12/12 06:53 PM
A
Alvarado Custom Tackle Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
A
Also Cleburne bass club also has a facebook page so go check us out!!!!

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: Alvarado Custom Tackle] #8391102 12/30/12 03:34 AM
S
ShamrockSmith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Don't forget to reserve Squaw Creek starting Monday for January's upcoming CBC tournament. Also, don't forget meetings are now on Thursdays instead of Tuesdays.

Re: cleburne bass club [Re: ShamrockSmith] #8396974 12/31/12 06:11 PM
BassKicker74 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: KVS
Don't forget to reserve Squaw Creek starting Monday for January's upcoming CBC tournament. Also, don't forget meetings are now on Thursdays instead of Tuesdays.

Gonna be an open the same day. Get your numbers early!!!\

Dean Skinner

Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide