Forums59
Topics1,046,831
Posts14,096,332
Members144,375
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Trickster] #4912625 05/27/10 08:03 PM
T
Travis Irick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
It's not a huge deal but filling out the paperwork takes the convenience out of the pass. It is still a good deal as far as money goes but it is no easier then paying as you go now.

Realtor Travis Irick
Irick Real Estate
irickrealestate@gmail.com
Check out our website- Pilotpoint.com
(940)368-1423
Off-duty Firefighter

Let me help you with your North Texas Real Estate needs.
Pilot Point,Frisco,McKinney,Providence,Denton, Sanger, Aubrey, Whitesboro...
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Travis Irick] #4912658 05/27/10 08:10 PM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
This is the form you fill out

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: adam_p] #4912690 05/27/10 08:17 PM
T
Travis Irick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Not a huge deal. Just not convienent

Last edited by stayingafloat; 05/27/10 08:20 PM.

Realtor Travis Irick
Irick Real Estate
(940)368-1423
Off-duty Firefighter

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: evolution44] #4912779 05/27/10 08:37 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: evolution44
1. If you purchased your Texas State Park Pass (TSPP) before we implemented TxParks on May 12th, it needed to be turned in the first time after May 12th that you visit a park, and then it will be exchanged (no charge) for a TSPP that is recognized by the new TxParks system. If you did this, I suspect this may be the paperwork being referred to as we have to gather customer information (name, address, etc.) to issue the new pass.

2. Prior to TxParks our day guests would typically drive up, show their pass, wed verify the pass holder is in the vehicle and write down how many people were in the vehicle, and send them on their way requiring them to display the pass through their windshield. Later wed have to add up all the numbers or tick marks we wrote down for the day and manually input them into a computer. Now, the new TSPP is not the vehicle permit. We still verify that the pass holder is in the vehicle and enter how many people are in the vehicle (captured in computer now instead of written down and manually totaled and transferred to an automated file later). But we now also take the pass and run it through a card swipe to confirm that it is a valid pass, and issue a vehicle permit that comes out of our receipt printer and which must be displayed on the vehicle. This permit may also be the paperwork being referred to.

These new procedures are necessary for our fiscal control and accountability for auditing purposes. We are striving to make it as least impactive or disruptive to visitors as possible.

If this is not what you were referring to, please let me know, and we will get you an answer.

Thank you for you interest and support of Texas State Parks.

Dan

Dan Sholly
Deputy Director
Texas State Parks

Sounds like a bunch of Sarbanes Oxley garbage to me.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Joefishin] #4913612 05/28/10 12:03 AM
bassdreamer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I don't think it's a conspiracy, just typical government bureaucrats finding another way to make things as inefficient as possible.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: bassdreamer] #4914574 05/28/10 04:26 AM
S
snubnose Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I sent a note to TPWD address shared above and got a reply they are looking into it and take care of the inconvenience to fisherman. I'm ok with that.

Last edited by snubnose; 05/28/10 04:29 AM.
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: snubnose] #4914594 05/28/10 04:32 AM
T
Travis Irick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Sounds Good.

Realtor Travis Irick
Irick Real Estate
(940)368-1423
Off-duty Firefighter

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Travis Irick] #4914737 05/28/10 06:18 AM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Once again someone at TPWD has no concept of personal security. Look at the info they want you to fill in on that form so you can place it in full view on your windshield.

"Dear Burglars,
I'm on the lake today and therefore not at home. Here is my address. A phone number is included for your convenience so you can call to make sure no one else is at my house. Have fun ransacking my house and/or garage.

Love,
Fisherman"

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Canino] #4915002 05/28/10 12:33 PM
T
TSPs Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T

Lake Ray Roberts Users,

"Thank you for your recent comments and emails regarding the new state park pass requirements. We really appreciate your feed-back and candidness about our new business management program. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department has been mandated to change its fiscal control, business accounting, and visitation procedures at State Parks. We have worked diligently to create a functional system to better integrate all of our business systems to meet this requirement.

One area of concern by the State Auditors Office (SAO) has been fee collection accountability and visitation counts for isolated and un-staffed park locations. Issues such as vulnerability of the Iron Rangers (self pay boxes) to theft and vandalism, assurance that visitors have paid their entrance fees, and maintaining accurate visitation documentation are some of the issues we have been trying to address in response to the SAO, and also the need for good park management procedures. While it may not appear so, we have also been very concerned with the potential inconvenience to each of you.

Considering that we are required by law to collect appropriate entrance fees from all visitors and to capture accurate visitation information from those visitors, we have a number of challenges. We want to work with you to make sure that these bureaucratic requirements dont mess up a good fishing trip. So please bear with us as we try to comply with our new requirements and at the same time make the park as user friendly as possible.

While we search for the best possible way to conduct our required business, we are suspending the requirement to fill out a self pay envelope for visitors who have a Valid State Park Pass. At this time, this requirement is only suspended at the Ray Roberts Lake State Park Complex due to its very large number of pass users and large number of remote park locations.

We will keep you appraised of our plans as we try to make the new system work to everyones advantage.

Please contact Ray Roberts Lake State Park Complex Superintendent Chris True, at chris.true@tpwd.state.tx.us. with comments or ideas on how to make the new system work the best possible way.

Thank you for your continued support of your state parks.

Sincerely,

Dan

Dan Sholly
Deputy Director
Texas State Parks

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Canino] #4915005 05/28/10 12:36 PM
D
David Cole Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Canino
Once again someone at TPWD has no concept of personal security. Look at the info they want you to fill in on that form so you can place it in full view on your windshield.

This the form that goes INSIDE the box, not on your windshield.
DOH... bolt

However, I do agree that having to stop everytime, even if you have a pass, is a PITA.

David
Trout Unlimited Life Time Member
Lake O.H. Ivie Fly Fishing Body of Water Record Holder for Blue Catfish (2.21) and Largemouth Bass (1.62)
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: TSPs] #4915170 05/28/10 01:28 PM
Goat Farmer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: TSPs

Lake Ray Roberts Users,

"Thank you for your recent comments and emails regarding the new state park pass requirements. We really appreciate your feed-back and candidness about our new business management program. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department has been mandated to change its fiscal control, business accounting, and visitation procedures at State Parks. We have worked diligently to create a functional system to better integrate all of our business systems to meet this requirement.

One area of concern by the State Auditors Office (SAO) has been fee collection accountability and visitation counts for isolated and un-staffed park locations. Issues such as vulnerability of the Iron Rangers (self pay boxes) to theft and vandalism, assurance that visitors have paid their entrance fees, and maintaining accurate visitation documentation are some of the issues we have been trying to address in response to the SAO, and also the need for good park management procedures. While it may not appear so, we have also been very concerned with the potential inconvenience to each of you.

Considering that we are required by law to collect appropriate entrance fees from all visitors and to capture accurate visitation information from those visitors, we have a number of challenges. We want to work with you to make sure that these bureaucratic requirements dont mess up a good fishing trip. So please bear with us as we try to comply with our new requirements and at the same time make the park as user friendly as possible.

While we search for the best possible way to conduct our required business, we are suspending the requirement to fill out a self pay envelope for visitors who have a Valid State Park Pass. At this time, this requirement is only suspended at the Ray Roberts Lake State Park Complex due to its very large number of pass users and large number of remote park locations.

We will keep you appraised of our plans as we try to make the new system work to everyones advantage.

Please contact Ray Roberts Lake State Park Complex Superintendent Chris True, at chris.true@tpwd.state.tx.us. with comments or ideas on how to make the new system work the best possible way.

Sincerely,

Dan

Dan Sholly
Deputy Director
Texas State Parks

Dan, that is cool, thanks for listening to the fishermen and trying to work with us.. I know y'all are stuck in the middle between the red tape and the fishermen, thanks for going through the trouble of posting here and for suspending the new rule at Roberts for now.

For the record, I emailed Dan, he said he would post something here and he did.. that's a stand up deal.

Hopefully some good ideas get emailed his way on how to keep in easy for us.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Goat Farmer] #4915222 05/28/10 01:45 PM
timbertoes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
the simple fix is quit making people pay.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Goat Farmer] #4915229 05/28/10 01:47 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Thanks Dan and Goat cheers

http://www.denalirods.com
�Some men fish all their lives without knowing it is not really the fish they are after.� -Henry David Thoreau
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Joefishin] #4915371 05/28/10 02:23 PM
Big Red 12 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Even if you have a Yearly Pass? Are they available to pick up before they open. Many times I go in before there is anyone in the office.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Goat Farmer] #4915454 05/28/10 02:42 PM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Goat Farmer
Originally Posted By: TSPs

Lake Ray Roberts Users,

Sincerely,

Dan

Dan Sholly
Deputy Director
Texas State Parks

Dan, that is cool, thanks for listening to the fishermen and trying to work with us.. I know y'all are stuck in the middle between the red tape and the fishermen, thanks for going through the trouble of posting here and for suspending the new rule at Roberts for now.

For the record, I emailed Dan, he said he would post something here and he did.. that's a stand up deal.

Hopefully some good ideas get emailed his way on how to keep in easy for us.

I emailed Chris True. He says just put the pass in your plastic holder hanging off the mirror, if you don't have one, stick it on your dash where they can see it.

Thanks for listening to us Mr. Sholly. And thanks for the quick response on the matter.

Now maybe we can come up with a better system to suggest to them. I liked the old way, but if they need a count of the people using their passes, surely somebody can come up with a better way of doing it.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide