Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: z NICK] #6763573 10/23/11 03:49 PM
Big Red 12 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Make sure they don't put lead in it. LOL!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: z NICK] #6763643 10/23/11 04:15 PM
T
tcm68 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
What does "Made In USA" even mean anymore?? It used to mean that a skilled craftsman spent countless hours to produce something made out of only the highest quality materials. What you recieved for your dollars not only looked like quality, it was quality.

This is just not so true anymore. That is not to say that it doesn't exist but it is way more rare then we are led to believe today. Like has already been pointed out on this thread, even the majority of products claiming to be Made in the USA are made from cheap manufactured parts from overseas just assembled here in the US.

I don't care what you buy today, you will be hard pressed if it doesn't have something manufactured in china in it. Even the beloved Skeeter on this site I'll bet has parts made in China. Hell it's not even an American owned company.

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: CapN Ron] #6763655 10/23/11 04:20 PM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Kelley
I dont care if they're made in the North Pole, Falcon rods are absolutely incredible!

Just curious...what about now. How do you say they compare with Duckett?

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: Fish_Tx] #11640416 06/01/16 07:12 PM
C
Connor S Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Fish_Tx
Please let me expand just a little on that subject. Some companies own their own mandrels and someone else wraps graphite or other material over them and they then become that companies specific rod. And some companies own only the propietary rights to the graphite or how it is spun and they still employ somone else to actually spin it onto the mandrel. Most of which is done overseas.

I used to have ALL my rods hand made by custom rod builders and they did an awsome job. It is an art!! But even at cost it was SPENDY! And even at that ALL the components were ( you guessed it) Imported!

All I am saying is that all they are doing at Falcon is offering an entry level rod at a competitive price for the market that ask for it.

Sorry to rant but I think the heading of the post is what got me. BTW all my rods now are 100% American made FALCON!

As a custom rod builder you nailed it on the head. There are just a few blanks available today that are pressed and rolled here in the USA. Just a handful of options for handle material (most of which is american grown hardwood, which isn't a very popular option). Just one option for guides and reel seats.. which limits you to just a few options, and spending a minimum of around $450 retail for the parts alone.

Besides most of us want some imported components on your rods such as Fuji guides, AAAA grade cork? not grown in the USA, quality flexible epoxy? manufactured with raw material sourced outside of the USA, you want to try and find rod wrapping thread with USA sourced materials? not going to happen... you get my point.

Cheers to Falcon offering so many quality products that are hand crafted by Americans. If it bothers you, don't buy the HD simple as that.

I say we fish 5 days a week and work 2.
Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: z NICK] #11641013 06/01/16 11:05 PM
B
barryfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
This is bs they are sold at walmart so they must be american or the owners are on welfare

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: aggiegolfer] #11641038 06/01/16 11:17 PM
plasma800 Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: aggiegolfer
lots of good rods are made in China. The Shimano Crucial is a good example of a quality rod that is made in China.

absolutely, there's some industrious bastards over there... I have no problem using them if falcon has found the upper level of craftsman ship over there................

I never think that "just cause it's made in china it must be junk" isn't true...

OTOH, falcon does make a big push to say "made in america" ... maybe what they mean is "assembled in america"

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: plasma800] #11641051 06/01/16 11:21 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: plasma800
lots of good rods are made in China. The Shimano Crucial is a good example of a quality rod that is made in China.

absolutely, there's some industrious bastards over there... I have no problem using them if falcon has found the upper level of craftsman ship over there................

I never think that "just cause it's made in china it must be junk" isn't true...

OTOH, falcon does make a big push to say "made in america" ... maybe what they mean is "assembled in america"

I am pretty sure if they are saying made in America, then it's made here. I don't forsee them making a mistake like that

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: z NICK] #11641118 06/01/16 11:43 PM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
China sucks.

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: bassing1] #11641197 06/02/16 12:20 AM
Chet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: bassing1
sometimes getting things made overseas is the best bet for some companies, yes it is a very unpopular decision and Falcon will probably take a lot of [censored] for it but the companies that get their rods made overseas are doing it with the intent of making a great rod at a great price.

everyone that loves their loomis rods but want to give a company [censored] for taking business to china needs to break their loomis rods and throw away all your curados, both of which come from overseas

What Loomis rods are made over seas?

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: Chet] #11641211 06/02/16 12:25 AM
B
barryfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
The G models lol

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: Chet] #11641218 06/02/16 12:28 AM
B
Ban-D Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Chet
Originally Posted By: bassing1
sometimes getting things made overseas is the best bet for some companies, yes it is a very unpopular decision and Falcon will probably take a lot of [censored] for it but the companies that get their rods made overseas are doing it with the intent of making a great rod at a great price.

everyone that loves their loomis rods but want to give a company [censored] for taking business to china needs to break their loomis rods and throw away all your curados, both of which come from overseas

What Loomis rods are made over seas?

Shimano owns them. I'm sure a few rods are still made in Washington. But not all.

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: plasma800] #11641249 06/02/16 12:42 AM
plasma800 Offline
Angler
Angler

You're kidding right?

What factors does the Commission consider to determine whether a product is "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.?

The products final assembly or processing must take place in the U.S. The Commission then considers other factors, including how much of the products total manufacturing costs can be assigned to U.S. parts and processing, and how far removed any foreign content is from the finished product. In some instances, only a small portion of the total manufacturing costs are attributable to foreign processing, but that processing represents a significant amount of the products overall processing. The same could be true for some foreign parts. In these cases, the foreign content (processing or parts) is more than negligible, and, as a result, unqualified claims are inappropriate.

so therefore..... the blanks and guides cost far less than the assembly labor costs in the US, golden...

It's all in the fine print. https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard

how about 18 TONS of blanks for 35 bucks? Think that qualifies as "negligible"? Probably so.... http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/20....tAluV5&s=p

how about 10,000 meters for 21 cents? http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Fi....tAluV5&s=p

Last edited by plasma800; 06/02/16 12:43 AM.
Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: RedRanger] #11641251 06/02/16 12:44 AM
plasma800 Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

I am pretty sure if they are saying made in America, then it's made here. I don't forsee them making a mistake like that

meant to reply to this...

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: z NICK] #11641259 06/02/16 12:46 AM
plasma800 Offline
Angler
Angler
and "fine print" was set up in legislation to let "advertising" skirt all sorts of "rules"

trust me.. I'm an expert on this one.......

Re: Falcon rods= Made in China [Re: Connor S] #11641715 06/02/16 03:51 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted By: GrueneRiverRodCo
Originally Posted By: Fish_Tx
Please let me expand just a little on that subject. Some companies own their own mandrels and someone else wraps graphite or other material over them and they then become that companies specific rod. And some companies own only the propietary rights to the graphite or how it is spun and they still employ somone else to actually spin it onto the mandrel. Most of which is done overseas.

I used to have ALL my rods hand made by custom rod builders and they did an awsome job. It is an art!! But even at cost it was SPENDY! And even at that ALL the components were ( you guessed it) Imported!

All I am saying is that all they are doing at Falcon is offering an entry level rod at a competitive price for the market that ask for it.

Sorry to rant but I think the heading of the post is what got me. BTW all my rods now are 100% American made FALCON!

As a custom rod builder you nailed it on the head. There are just a few blanks available today that are pressed and rolled here in the USA. Just a handful of options for handle material (most of which is american grown hardwood, which isn't a very popular option). Just one option for guides and reel seats.. which limits you to just a few options, and spending a minimum of around $450 retail for the parts alone.

Besides most of us want some imported components on your rods such as Fuji guides, AAAA grade cork? not grown in the USA, quality flexible epoxy? manufactured with raw material sourced outside of the USA, you want to try and find rod wrapping thread with USA sourced materials? not going to happen... you get my point.

Cheers to Falcon offering so many quality products that are hand crafted by Americans. If it bothers you, don't buy the HD simple as that.

You dug up a 5 year old post and responded to a guy who has not been on the TFF in 4 years.

Just an FYI.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide