texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
WR6819, 88champion, delaney304, TexasA&M, Southern Sports (The VI)
119384 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 121,821
hopalong 121,182
Bigbob_FTW 99,819
Bob Davis 88,356
John175☮ 86,096
Pilothawk 83,542
Mark Perry 73,320
Derek 🐝 68,418
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,047,174
Posts14,102,154
Members144,384
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: Tin Head] #4255918 12/15/09 10:56 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
The bank might be a bit mussed up, but the water is the clearest you are gonna find anywhere in these parts! You can see the huge schools of crappie and sandbass moving around in the deeper holes! You can see the bottom in some parts of it, where it's a good 4 ft deep! you can see your lure moving WAY DOWN there! The fish are beautifully colored; now if the humans were as clean in their part of the environment as the fish are, well, . . .!

But one way to tell when the bite is on, is by looking at the mounting litter on the banks! We humans are quite the pigs, generically speaking! A whole lotta mommas DID NOT TEACH THEIR KIDS HOW TO PICK UP AFTER THEMSELVES.

Rudy

Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: Lovfldx] #4269541 12/19/09 08:29 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

Report: Got to the SSSL at 8ish. had to teach the guys how to not rip the faces off the crappie. once they got that part down, they started to catch them. still slow this morning. barometer was going nuts.... anyways here are the pics of today

-James/ yesterday.

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/tarponfly/Mobile%20Uploads/Banner1.png[/)

Contact Number 469-528-0210 ( texting me is the easiest way to get a direct answer)

Email- WhiteBassFishingTexas@gmail.com

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/texasoklahomafishingguide?mibextid=LQQJ4d
Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: TarponFly] #4269772 12/19/09 10:38 PM
W
Wylie Crappieman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Good Job Carey

Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: Wylie Crappieman] #4270806 12/20/09 03:12 AM
papa peck Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
thumb

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Proud Parent of 3 U. S. Army Soldiers and a U.S. Air Force Airman

PECKS PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR
Auto Hail Damage, Door Dings, Creases Etc.
Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: papa peck] #4271524 12/20/09 04:54 AM
M
marktx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
thought that was you when i passed you by but wasnt sure or would have introduced myself carey. i know that spot but dont fish it since thats where you take your clients at ill leave it alone but anyway went and found another spot today there and while at the start they were doing very good till about 130 then just shut down and only picked up one every half hour after that. about 530 they picked back up. tried all colors sizes and retieves and weight size jigs. they just pretty much shut down and nothing was goona make them bite lol. a lot of short fish today but still could have made a limit if i wanted to keep fish between 10-11 inches. didnt catch any sandies today and had to use a variety of tricks to get the ones i did manage to catch. ill be the first to admit that i havent done a whole lot of creek fishing in the winter but i bring the exp of what i have learned over 30 years fishing lakes and rivers after crappie.
all i can tell people that want to fish w/r is fish slow and pay attention. 90 percent of the time i use jig/bobber combo but that whats im comfortable with down there and pretty much use that with water depth 10ft or under. if you use the bobber use a SENSITIVE PENCIL TYPE BOBBER i have been seeing people with the round bobbers which is ok but in low light or shade if a crappie comes underneath and mouths the bait just a lil youll never see the bite, with a pencil type bobber the bobber will lay over and when they inhale lightly the pencil bobber will show it but a round bobber its hard to see it.
sorry just trying to help im sure people on here use the round bobber and do very well with it i just firmly believe the pencil is better when the bite is light like it is in the winter, and do be afraid to EXPERIMENT with different colors jig weights or sizes of jigs.
take care all

Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: marktx] #4271579 12/20/09 05:11 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Exactly. Teaching my client what the bite looks like is one of the main keys. Fish the spot I was in today if u want. I can catch them anywhere in that creek. plus I'll probably be guiding rowlett creek the rest of the season except for a few clients. It's just cool to actually see the fish and my clients get a kick out of seeing huge crappie and sandbass swimming around in five ft of water in the winter. But again, I totally agree with you. The bobber is the key though.

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/tarponfly/Mobile%20Uploads/Banner1.png[/)

Contact Number 469-528-0210 ( texting me is the easiest way to get a direct answer)

Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: TarponFly] #4271694 12/20/09 05:51 AM
M
marktx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
to be totally honest that spot you fish i would walk past everytime lol it looks to shallow im sure you know what im saying. and i think a lot of people think the same thing congrats to you for finding that spot most will overlook it. i have other friends that are guides on here as well and i feel as a guide you leave those spots alone since thats your job. thats the reason for my statement. hope you didnt take offence to it.
the jig bobber takes awhile i learned it or i should say started using it up north after smallmouth with a fly bout 30 years ago so i guess i see things most dont with it. but i use it even in 3ft waves in a lake but its what is comfortable for me, not everyone will like it. i think its great there is a person out there thou like yourself that guides creeks that is completely thinking outside the box as far as guides go. plus it get more people into fishing and catching that normally wouldnt go fishing in the creek when its cold outside. i fish rowlette creek also but rarely so w/r is the one i know right now so ill fish rowlette when the sandies show up. then ill explore there to see what happens im better at crappie then sandbass in the creeks lol but i have some things i want to try this year for the sandies since ill be able to fish all winter unlike the last 7 years since ive been overseas.
anyway hope you didnt take offence to my comment it wasnt intended that way
mark

Re: Annual "Winter" Crappie Run / White Rock Creek [Re: marktx] #4273372 12/21/09 12:48 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
cheers

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide