Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,037,800
Posts13,934,729
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! #3940981 09/16/09 05:14 PM
T
Tom Moore Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
I felt compelled to share my recent experience with WorldWide Marine Boat Insurance regarding a boat accident I had 4 days ago on the water.
Recently (less then a month ago) , I took delivery of a brand new 2010 BassCat Pantera PIV bass boat with a Yamaha 200HPDI motor (my dream boat). Per my Bass clubs website Worldwide Marine was a promoted boat insurance company for its members. I called a respected member of my club and he enthusiastically said WWM saved him $200 per year on his boat vs his existing boat insurance policy.

Dollars and $ense:

I called Bob Luellen at WorldWide Marine and he saved me $200 plus dollars a year on my boat insurance too. Also, my insurance coverage was more comprehensive including my tackle for my new more expensive boat vs my previous less expensive and smaller boat. During my conversation with Bob I really could sense Bob's passion because he is a fisherman that understands the needs for bass fishermen and their bass boat needs.

Where the rubber meets the road:

Unfortunately, last week, I had a on the water accident that damaged my lower unit. I had such a sick feeling when it happened. Especially since my boat was one month old. To make a long story short I hit a floater (log) that I did not see in the water. I damaged my cavitation plate beyond repair, bent my prop shaft and lower unit gears. Immediately, I got off the water, took pictures of my damaged motor, emailed it to my dealer and took it to him the next day. Scott Brech at Brechs Marine said I would need a new lower unit. I called World Wide Marine who is the underwriter for my policy. They detailed for me the protocols with my insurance carrier. (a national company to be remained nameless) I initiated the process to get my boat repaired knowing I was faced with another challenge. I was less then one week away from my Tournament Trail season ending event sponsored by local Marina and BassPro Shops. Normally a timeline would not be an issue but my partner and I are only two points out first place fishing on our home lake. I was concerned because my local agent/adjuster could not get out to see my boat until three-four days before my tournament event. If that happened there would be no way I could fish this tournament. I called Bob and boy did he pro-actively make things happen. In less then twenty four hours I had another agent to come out to my dealer, approve the repair, my dealer was able to order a new lower unit and Ill have my boat back on the water in two days. Now I will be able to pre-fish before my tournament let alone be able to fish my tournament! That is impressive but better yet Bob called me and followed up at least FOUR times that day and did the same with my Boat dealer too. NOW that is incredible service!!! Bob and Worldwide Marine Insurance actively understood my needs as a fisherman and came through for me. Its a comforting feeling to know that excellent service still exist and a business makes you feel you are important to them! Also, Bob did not allow the insurance bureaucracy machine to slow down. His experience and networking skills got me back on the water way past my expectations. I cant say thanks enough!!! I will be his customer for as long as I own my boat because I KNOW Bob will find the best policy for my boat insurance needs. One last comment. I live in Birmingham, AL and Bobs office is out of Grand Ledge, Michigan. One might hesitate due to geographical distance but do not hesitate. Hes just as close your local agent is now just a phone call away! All I can say is WOW!!!

I want everyone to know I did not receive any special benefits per this post. I felt compelled to share this story and pay it forward. I am one very satisfied customer and want everyone know the great service I received!

If you are considering another boat insurance company please call:

Bob Luellen
World Wide Marine
800-339-1235

Good Day.

Tom Moore
Birmingham, AL

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: Tom Moore] #3941056 09/16/09 05:25 PM
P
pinesjunkie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
sweeeeet!!!

Brad Smith
Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: pinesjunkie] #3941543 09/16/09 07:08 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Bob and the rest of the Staff at WWM are top notch. thumb

Bennie

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: BThomas] #3976581 09/25/09 10:46 PM
Insurancepro Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the opportunity to educate the members here on marine insurance. I'm a marine speciality agent and a fisherman as well. I understand how important it is to get back on the water as soon as possible. I also want my clients to understand, I will do what ever I can to provide the best customer service in the industry. Thanks Bob Luellen 800-339-1235

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: Insurancepro] #4019997 10/07/09 01:23 PM
T
Terabass Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I have also had a recent experience with Worldwide Marine. I hit a submerged stump and damaged my lower unit and did some gel coat damage to the hull. I called Worldwide Marine to report the claim and was treated like a kindly by concerned staff. With in and hour I had received a call from Bob about the claim. After going over the details he told me to take my rig to the repair shop of my choice and that an adjuster would call me soon.

Soon wasnt the word. I received a call from the adjuster later that day to go over the details on the claim. I hadnt even taken the boat to my dealer yet.

The day after I dropped my rig off I received a call from the adjuster telling me that the repairs had authorized and were under way. He had even left a check for the repairs at the dealer. I couldnt believe there was no hassle involved. The service I received from the insurance adjuster was Top Koch.
In the week it took for the repairs finished I received numerous call from Bob just checking to see how everything was going. I cant tell you how impressed I was with the level of service I received from him. I only wish I receive this type of service from my home town guy when I have had claims.

I just want to say thanks to Bob for the great service. You all owe it to your self to get a quote on your rig Im sure Bob can save you some money and need I say more about his level of service.

TB

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: Terabass] #4024682 10/08/09 01:13 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
thats good stuff right there,..jim

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: JIM SR.] #4068329 10/21/09 12:13 PM
Insurancepro Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Terabass, I appreciate your kind words, I'm just trying to help the members here understand marine insurance. Thanks again. Bob Luellen

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: Insurancepro] #4112746 11/03/09 02:59 PM
T
Terabass Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Bob, I just wanted to say thanks one more time for all of your help.

TB

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: Terabass] #4182628 11/24/09 01:22 AM
Insurancepro Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
It was my pleasure, I just appreciate the opportunity to educate the members here on the difference between on Marine speciality agent and your standard property and casuality agent. Thanks Bob Luellen 800-339-1235

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob! [Re: Tom Moore] #11897328 10/24/16 07:25 PM
T
Terabass Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Bob is the Best. Make sure you give him a call. 800-339-1235

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide