Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lake Lewisville #4132782 11/09/09 02:36 PM
Gibby Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Spent 8 hours on the lake yesterday. Found shad in the backs of creeks and coves, and saw fish at various times agressivly feeding, but caught one larg mouth all day. Worst day I have ever had. Good conditions, being cloudy, cooling water temps, found bait fish, but nothing!

who else?

Ryan Gibson
Mortgage Broker
Mortgage Matters Corporation
Cell: 214-763-6394
ryan.gibson@mtgmatters.com
www.ryangibsonmortgage.com

*Please email me for the quickest response. I sometimes go days without checking the TFF.

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: Gibby] #4133189 11/09/09 04:43 PM
30ft jon boat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
rough day for me too 4 cats and a white bass..on the up side i found a cove that had big shad so i loaded up a 5 gallon bucket about 6inches deep.salted and vaccum sealed them so i am good to go for the winter

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: 30ft jon boat] #4133356 11/09/09 05:46 PM
Gibby Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I caught some real good size shad too. Around 6 inches on most. Had a net full. Used a few trying to snag a hybrid, cat, or really anything, and then let the rest go. there are shad everywhere in that lake right now.

Ryan Gibson
Mortgage Broker

*Please email me for the quickest response. I sometimes go days without checking the TFF.

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: Gibby] #4133730 11/09/09 07:24 PM
S
spiny norman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
One cat and one hybrid by a school of baitfish in a cove on the north end, then the bite shut down compleatly.

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: spiny norman] #4133750 11/09/09 07:28 PM
J
jaw Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
We did okay and had steady action all day, kept us on the water longer than usual but worth it. Some think pressure and more specifically, over fishing, has affected the bite at Lewisville, along with certain boats keeping EVERYTHING they catch. I tend to agree with this. Even though the action was steady, it was nothing like it was 2-3 years ago.

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: jaw] #4133868 11/09/09 08:03 PM
Gibby Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Jaw, care to share what was working for you? Me and my partner threw everything we had at them.

I still have trouble finding the gravel pits. Anybody got any tips or suggestions on how to locate this spot? I don't have GPS.

Ryan Gibson
Mortgage Broker

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: Gibby] #4133929 11/09/09 08:20 PM
N
nogeese Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N
Right there with ya Jaw... the lake took a pounding this last year the fish are there but not near the numbers in years past... I have only been fishin LL since 2005 but this is by far as tough as it has ever been.

and it seems like October came and went with out much action... and October has usually been one of the best months of the year... I understand that we got a TON of rain last month, that may have had something to do with the slow bite but I find it strange how prolific the bait seems to be right now.. and how hard it is to catch fish on any kind of consistancy.

as I have said before I hope I am dead wrong!.

Dallas Cowboys Official Prognosticator
Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: nogeese] #4134525 11/09/09 10:47 PM
don the angler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
LL is definately tough. October has given up a few good days, but the poor ones out number the good ones. The lake is busting at it's seems with bait. I have never seen so much. Maybe the whites and hybrids prefer shad to lead.
The lake North of there is on fire if anyone is interested.

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: Gibby] #4136405 11/10/09 02:00 PM
BROKnSTRIPES Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I made it out twice last week and found the hybrids one of the two days on a main lake hump. Caught hybrids and sandies mixed every drop on shad with the largest hybrid going five or so. Could not get them to touch artificial. Next day they were gone!

There is definitely a ton of shad in the lake right now everywhere you go. So much in fact that the slow fishing may have more to do with the fact that a fish does not need to do much more than turn 90 degrees for a meal!

I personally do not think the lake is overfished as the spring was some of the best hybrid fishing I have ever experienced. However, everything seemed to change after the first spring flood and the fish just never seemed to lock in on the summer or fall patterns.

Maybe the overabundance of shad this year has affected the normal schooling instincts to some degree.

A bad day fishing is still another day above ground!
Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: BROKnSTRIPES] #4136596 11/10/09 03:02 PM
tbarnes065 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I will say only this Jaw and I fish together from 8am to about 3pm and did have steady action but you have to throw something a
little different and slow it down on the bottom if you are up in the column to much competition and the fall was when the hit took place,Bigger lure bigger fish!

It is true that there are not as many fish on this lake or that they have found a place to hide that no one knows where it is!

Electronics do not lie, my eyes are not as good as they used to be but I can still see the Lowrance screen and I also can see the boat that has a brand on it like TROPHY WHO KEEPS EVERYTHING UP TO A 50 GALLON DRUM FULL Jaw and I always joke that this boat must be fishing for a restraunt,maybe a very large family!
smile There sure is no sport in fishing with a salt water surf rod and 40lb test and reeling fish like a jet ski across the water.
To each their own I guess!

Tbarnes065
The patented QR coded Technolgy "Personal Emergency Braclet"
Allows for all you Emergency information to be in your control Check out www.synemgroup.com
Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: tbarnes065] #4136723 11/10/09 03:28 PM
BigDad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'm on board with the over fishing theory. I've been fishing LL since 1985 but did not figure out how to really catch whites and hybrids until the late 90's. In those days, there were only a few fishermen who really knew how to consistently catch whites/hybrids. I'm not referring to bird chasers but guys who can catch them almost every time they go out birds or not. In recent years, other people have figured out how to catch whites/hybrids on LL too. I think a lot of people learned how by reading post on TFF. I know I've learned a lot on here. As more people post about their catches on LL more people come to fish it. Lots of folks keep all of their fish. I know people who fish several times a week on LL and keep their limit/s every time only to just give them away. bang When the fishing is good, the banks are lined with guys fishing live bait and the lake is COVERED with boats and most everyone is catching/keeping fish. I know there are a lot of fish in the lake but it can only take so much pressure. I believe (hope) in time fishing will improve as folks move on to other more productive lakes but I think we're victim of our own success. Past years, it has been the norm for me to catch 100+ fish most outings, now that is the exception rather than the rule. Hope this doesnt happen to other lakes but I think some of the other metro lakes a currently experiencing the same problems. I love the TFF but I think it has contributed to the demise of some of our lakes as more and more TFFrs become proficient at catching white bass and hybrids.

Joe
Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: BigDad] #4137386 11/10/09 05:55 PM
Gibby Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: BigDad
I'm on board with the over fishing theory. I've been fishing LL since 1985 but did not figure out how to really catch whites and hybrids until the late 90's. In those days, there were only a few fishermen who really knew how to consistently catch whites/hybrids. I'm not referring to bird chasers but guys who can catch them almost every time they go out birds or not. In recent years, other people have figured out how to catch whites/hybrids on LL too. I think a lot of people learned how by reading post on TFF. I know I've learned a lot on here. As more people post about their catches on LL more people come to fish it. Lots of folks keep all of their fish. I know people who fish several times a week on LL and keep their limit/s every time only to just give them away. bang When the fishing is good, the banks are lined with guys fishing live bait and the lake is COVERED with boats and most everyone is catching/keeping fish. I know there are a lot of fish in the lake but it can only take so much pressure. I believe (hope) in time fishing will improve as folks move on to other more productive lakes but I think we're victim of our own success. Past years, it has been the norm for me to catch 100+ fish most outings, now that is the exception rather than the rule. Hope this doesnt happen to other lakes but I think some of the other metro lakes a currently experiencing the same problems. I love the TFF but I think it has contributed to the demise of some of our lakes as more and more TFFrs become proficient at catching white bass and hybrids.

I agree. Well said.

Ryan Gibson
Mortgage Broker

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: Gibby] #4137897 11/10/09 08:26 PM
J
jaw Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Well said BidDad! Tbarnes - the next time we fish I will have a hat like one of the guys wears. Then we can peddle the "fresh Tilapia" to the Asian restaruants. Hmmm??? Better yet - we just pay them the daily fee and sit on the bank and drink beer and wait for our catch of the day to come to us.

Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: jaw] #4138404 11/10/09 10:24 PM
F
flee fly Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
+1 joe

byron
Re: Lake Lewisville [Re: BigDad] #4139254 11/11/09 02:27 AM
BROKnSTRIPES Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I can see your point. Besides, how many 9.50" sewage-soaked sand bass does one man really need!

Mmmmmm, these filets taste of Interstate 35 North!!

A bad day fishing is still another day above ground!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide