Forums59
Topics1,037,853
Posts13,935,627
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... #3299656 04/01/09 01:55 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline OP
the janitor
OP Offline
the janitor
J
The TFF Hook up with a Soldier project was set up for active duty wounded, soldiers suffering from PTSD, and those just returning from duty who need a break and some time on the water.

We want to keep this simple.

At this time, we prefer to keep this to you and a few of your friends taking a few soldiers out for some time on the water. We may put together one or two events a year in the future to compliment this program.

In the mean time, just post up what you want to offer. It can be anything from a half day on the water to a few days, including what ever you want – lodging, meals and if you want to, contact a local store or fishing related manufacturer and get a few goodies for the soldiers you are taking fishing. Only offer what you are capable of producing and definitely don’t create too much work for yourself. Our main goal is to get the soldiers out on the water for a little relaxation ... and it is of course, a way to show your support and appreciation of our military.

Please make sure and post the lake or coastal area where you will be taking the soldiers and if you have date restrictions, post those as well. Also, please remember to make it easy for the soldiers to get in touch with you.

flag

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5617446 12/18/10 06:59 PM
M
Murrydog Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I will be at Falcon Lake February and March. The back seat is open. I fish out of a Z21 with a 250 Yamy.

active, retired wounded only requirement is that you like to fish

PM me if you are intrested.

Last edited by 4EVER16; 12/19/10 03:40 PM.

<*)\\\><(

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,

there'd be a shortage of fishing poles
Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: Murrydog] #5962330 03/17/11 02:53 PM
C
Carl K Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
I would be more then happy to have a soilder join me on the tourney dates as long as they pay there entry fee. My son is currently in Afganistan and I know the journey you have been thru and would love to help someone enjoy a great day fishing!

Just PM me and we can go from there.

I am in the Waco/TEmple Area.

Look forward to helping a program like this. Would be a ball to brighten these guys days! And thank them personally for being over there as my son is a Marine. BUT I DONT care what branch as I was Army haha.

Last edited by Carl K; 03/17/11 02:56 PM.

Life is too short not to just do it! Lord stop sweating the small stuff and just go ahead and do it so long as it doesnt hurt anyone!
Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: Carl K] #6067515 04/14/11 04:00 AM
B
BobClark Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Bob Clark Here. I would love to help out with the active duty and wounded soilders. The motor is being rebuild for my boat (1977/78 18.5ft Ranger, Not pretty, but it works great. I live in West Arlington, have an extra room with bed, big tv in front room and seperate bathroom. Can go to any lake. Lots of extra poles and equipment. My days off are Fridays and Saturdays. My email is bobc85@gmail.com.

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: BobClark] #6068314 04/14/11 01:12 PM
M
muscogeemike Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I am retired Army, I would be proud to take any active duty service members or wounded warriors fishing at Cedar Creek, Palastine, or Lake Athens. This includes active recruiters of any service or returning Reserve or Natl. Guard members.
I've been there and I thank them all.

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7599450 06/02/12 05:45 PM
N
nitetrane Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
This is a great idea. My name is Eric. I fish lake Tawakoni for cats or whatever is biting. Evenings are good for me. So are weekends. I got everything we will need. It'll be a lot of fun. If ya want we can take out the boat or just try from the bank if ya want. Give me a holler I'd like the company. 9032170680

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8797594 04/07/13 03:05 AM
J
Just James Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I live on Lake Bob Sandlin, I am a 65 year old disabled Viet Nam Vet, I have a 19' cobra with a new motor,I would love to take recent wars disabled vets out on Sandlin. I am retired so dates are the option of the veteran. I will pay everything including lunch at Bayfoot Bay Marina, I have all the fishing gear, so all they need to bring is themselves. James at 337-207-8142, I

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8821391 04/13/13 03:44 AM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Former Marine here - always happy to take wounded warriors or other veterans out fishing on Lewisville lake on weekends. Have a boat with a deck large enough to accomodate a wheelchair (or two).

If there's 3-4 of you & I have some advance notice, my family will ensure that you have a good meal waiting when we get back in to shore.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8879454 04/30/13 12:28 AM
B
bwmiller836 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
I am new to this forum but I would be happy to take a soldier or two out for a day of fishing. We can go to Sam Rayburn or Toledo Bend which ever they would like. I have plenty of gear so no worries there. I will provide food and refreshments. If anyone is interested they can email me at bwmiller836@gmail.com and we can figure out what time works out best. I am retired so weekdays are no problem.

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8892956 05/03/13 05:30 AM
S
SNorgge Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I'd love to take a soldier out for fishing. Nothings quite as therapeutic as lounging out on a beautiful, peaceful strip of shore. I mostly fish for Carp, but I'm also fully equipped for Bass and Catfish. I usually fish Weatherford, Granbury, Twin Coves at Flower Mound, Benbrook, French Lake, Joe Pool, Brazos River, Trinity River...I'm pretty flexible with travel! All gear, food, and drink will be on us! We usually grab dinner afterwards too, again totally on us smile

I work and sometimes my schedule is a little unpredictable but there's no problem if planned in advance.

s.plugge@charter.net

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8907637 05/07/13 09:53 PM
L
lingram11 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
I I am a disabled vet with PTSD and TBI....how do I get into this program...my days consist of being mr mom and the house cleaning lady... I try to go fishing on the brazous river with a buddy every sunday but we dont catch anything....I want to learn more about crappie and bass fishing or anything else someone will teach me....I was an MP from 99 through 05...did two tours in iraq. Ill go anywhere. I live in tomball tx......I just wanna fish...thanks yall

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. We won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
-Gen. Patton-
Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8911126 05/08/13 07:56 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Can't do anyhting this weekend (Mother's Day) but I will be making trips up to my property regularly soon. I can have a few guests come out and do a little stock tank fishing for crappie, bluegill and bass. You can camp on my place if you'd like to stay overnight (I stay in a small RV when i go up). I have gear and bring way too much food most of the time smile . It's not much but fish are easy to catch and its far from the hustle and bustle of any city.

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #9020197 06/10/13 05:00 PM
sstone2591 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I fish all around the San Marcos-Austin area sometimes Killeen. If any veterans or active duty want to go out I will have a seat open for ya. I'm a college student and get to fish a lot I don't have many spinning rods so if you can cast a baitcaster that would be better if not we will figure something out. Give me a call or pm me 5126805262.

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #9025291 06/12/13 12:20 AM
C
ColoradoTransplant Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Hey all -- I am a vet, living in the FT Hood area, and just getting back into fishing (and the civilian lifestyle)... I fished religiously in CO prior to serving, and have alot of experience with trout (bass do not get too big up there, but I have still caught quite a few)

I would love to get out and see some good fishing action in the areas around me (1-2 hour radius)... If anyone wants some company on a trip, I am generally willing to go most weekends early in the mornin, have all my own gear (rods/reels, lures, etc)

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish [Re: J.P. Greeson] #9027089 06/12/13 04:16 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
Angler
Angler
H
PM me if you want to do a litle stock pond fishing. I plan on being out at my place this weekend.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide