How do I renew my registration?
Registration may be renewed no earlier than 90 days prior to expiration. If you want to renew the registration of a boat that is in your name, you may submit the required fee along with one of the following:
* Renewal notice (mailed to owner 90 days prior to expiration); or
* Vessel/Boat Records Maintenance form PWD 143M media download(PDF 414.3 KB); or
* Letter, which includes a request to renew, your boat TX Number, your current mailing address and your signature.
Submit required fee and request by one of the following methods:
* Return renewal notice in the envelope provided.
* Mail renewal notice, maintenance form or written request to TPWD, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, Texas 78744.
* Renew in person at a TPWD Law Enforcement field office or a participating Tax Assessor-Collector in your area. Only the owner of record can renew the registration. The owner of record may authorize someone to renew their registration for them, by completing a Letter of Authorization form PWD 581 media download(PDF 155.4 KB).
If you want to operate the vessel before your Certificate of Number and decals are received you must submit a money order for the renewal fee. Write the TX number on the money order. You may operate the vessel with the purchaser's copy of the money order and a copy of your renewal request (mentioned above) on board the vessel/boat, until your ID Card and decals are received.
“It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.” W.C. Fields
I know a little about a lot of things but not a whole lot about anything....CGD