Print Thread
Johnson's Creek at Lake O' The Pines #2269210 05/15/08 10:11 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
bannana2 I am heading out this weekend to Johnson's Creek. Has anyone camped there before? I usually don't go there, it was only once a few years ago, and I cannot remember what the fishing was like there. I believe there is a pier...but don't know if I should load up my fly gear. If there is room to fly fish I will take it. I usually go to another camp area, but it was full. Anyway we haven't been camping at all this year which is unusual. So if you have been there, and have any suggestions or tips...please lay them on me......hehehe. I will be on a big boat just riding watching the kids tubing...wish I could fish off of it...but it is too fancy to get fish stink on, and slime etc... It isn't my boat, it is my best friend's boat. Her husband wouldn't like fishing in his boat.....LOL. Anyway if you know that area, holler at me. I was wondering what colors might go well there, or flies etc... The water is usually not clear, I would call it stained. That area is on the north side of the lake, and I usually fish at the spillway when I go there. So this would be different conditions. We wanted to camp before it got too hot and crowded. I like fall camping and early to mid spring best. You won't see me camping in the heat of the summer......I cannot handle the heat in the day. fish

The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." Thomas Jefferson

You Dont Love Something You Want to Fundamentally Transform Mark Levin

Re: Johnson's Creek at Lake O' The Pines [Re: kelkay] #2269233 05/15/08 10:21 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
I should add that if you know about the snake condition there, PLEASE inform me. The place I usually stay on the shore there has tons of water moccasins there in early morn and evenings...which I will not trespass on their territory then. I usually fished another area altogether. I hate snakes...unless it is a king snake or something nice. I know of no nice water moccasins...lol. I did find out Johnson's Creek does have a floating fishing pier for sure. I think last time I didn't even fish there because I didn't have a license at that time. The kids went, but they cannot remember what the fishing was like. They loaded up in the truck with their Uncle Steve and they caught several small fish. I do remember that much. It is bad when you get old and cannot remember things.........ROTFL.

The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." Thomas Jefferson

Re: Johnson's Creek at Lake O' The Pines [Re: kelkay] #2270467 05/16/08 10:23 AM
rrhyne56 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Kelly

Don't know how many times I've made a family trip with my fly gear in the car and never used it. But it was there in case I had the chance. Like Capt. Call told Newt "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it".

"have fun with this stuff"
in memory of Big Dale
RRhyne56, Flyfishing warden
Re: Johnson's Creek at Lake O' The Pines [Re: rrhyne56] #2270701 05/16/08 11:31 AM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
True. I just don't want to load more stuff than I have to because it is crowded in there on a camping trip. I guess I am gonna have to take it since I haven't heard any replies yet about that particular area.

Re: Johnson's Creek at Lake O' The Pines [Re: kelkay] #2271169 05/16/08 02:17 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Well we are taking off in a short while, thought I would check one last time in case somebody posted. So I guess I will load my fly fishing stuff too, just in case. Hopefully the weather will hold out for us, looks to be a nice weekend. Hopefully I will have some pics of fish to post when I get back.....hehehe. I won't be able to fish as much as I'd like, but I plan to fish for a while anyway. My best friend does not fish at all. We will mainly be taking the kids out tubing when at the lake. They will have a blast.

Re: Johnson's Creek at Lake O' The Pines [Re: kelkay] #2271188 05/16/08 02:25 PM
rrhyne56 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Y'all have a grand time and do not forget the real and true purpose of a float tube smile

"have fun with this stuff"
in memory of Big Dale
RRhyne56, Flyfishing warden
Re: Johnson's Creek at Lake O' The Pines [Re: rrhyne56] #2276463 05/18/08 05:06 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Well we are back. The kids had a blast. The fishing stunk. One of the group I was with stopped and asked a boat angler how the fishing was, he said he only caught a couple...I believe it was yesterday. I caught a couple of bream on Friday evening. That was it. The weather mainly was nice. But last night it rained, although it wasn't in the forecast before we left. All in all it was a good time.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide