texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 120,999
TexDawg 119,782
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,322
Mark Perry 72,484
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,874
Posts13,954,558
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Fat Dawgs #1856944 01/05/08 06:53 PM
sancho Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Fat Dawgs in Forney is quite possibly the worst excuse for a restaurant I've ever been to. It's supposed to be some sort of hot dog place. We just went up and paid 5.75 for a hot dog -which was against my better judgment to begin with, but I was told that they were good. The hot dog was an oscar myer weenie. Nothing special about it whatsoever. I got the Chicago dog. The mustard was terrible. The pickles were way too sour and the bun was just a regular bun with nothing special about it. It came with potato salad that was, at best, regular old deli-counter potato salad. They said we could *upgrade* the potato salad to a pickle for an extra dollar. At that point we should have gotten up and got the hell out, but just to tempt the hand of fate we decided to order beer. No draft beer at all. In cans they had Natural, PBR, Shlitz, and Keystone. For God's sake. I ordered a PBR just to be thrifty. That frugalness cost me 2.50. If we wanted an appetizer of chips and salsa they would be glad to bring it over for 3.25.

If you want to eat crappy food at a high price with poor service rush right down to Fat Dawgs in Forney because it won't be around much longer.

what we need is another Joseph McCarthy
Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: sancho] #1857003 01/05/08 07:24 PM
N
nascarchuck Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N
Sounds like Bill Gates would hardly be able to afford to eat there!

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: nascarchuck] #1857159 01/05/08 08:44 PM
Hail Boy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Come one everyone knows Valero's has the best spicy hot dogs around!

-Z-

Wooo!
Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: Hail Boy] #1858735 01/06/08 04:27 PM
Old Town Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I was there with Sancho, I learned a valuable lesson today; read the prices on the menu. Had I noticed that the hot dogs at this place cost $5.75 I would have left before ordering.

This place is a joke. If the hot dog would have been a real gourmet dog I could almost justify the $5.75 but it was far from that. It was an Oscar Meyer dog on a cheap bun. The toppings were also very mediocre.

Now on to the beer. Like Sancho said, Pabst was $2.50 for a can! Directly across the highway at Over Time a 14oz. Shiner draft can be had for $2.00.

Like I said, a valuable lesson was learned today.

Last edited by Old Town; 01/06/08 04:27 PM.

"Those who live by the sword get shot by those that don't"

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: Old Town] #1876336 01/11/08 10:00 PM
R
roadtrip Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
That beer selection cracks me up. I'm surprised they didn't have Schaefer, Texas Pride, or Milwaukees Best. There are a lot of restaurants in Forney and Terrell, but are any of them any good?

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: roadtrip] #2333812 06/04/08 07:27 PM
F
FD Girl Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
Judging by the date, you went soon after the opening... a lot's changed... much better now! And if you're not into hot dogs, they've got hamburgers and wings and salads.

Great specials. Food is great. Prices are great... Their longnecks are like $2 for happy hour. That's the best price I know of in Forney.

I think it's funny that people will get upset about any meal in restaurant that's less than $10, but will pay close to $6 for a "value" meal at McDonalds or Chick Fil-A... but that's just me:-)

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: FD Girl] #2333908 06/04/08 08:09 PM
N
nascarchuck Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: FD Girl

I think it's funny that people will get upset about any meal in restaurant that's less than $10, but will pay close to $6 for a "value" meal at McDonalds or Chick Fil-A... but that's just me:-)

SO, if you go to Whataburger, get a burger and they put extra onions when you asked for no onion, then the throw on cheese and jalapenos when you didnt ask for it, you wouldn't get upset?

Gimme a break!

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: roadtrip] #2334019 06/04/08 08:48 PM
M
Missing Ling Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: roadtrip
That beer selection cracks me up. I'm surprised they didn't have Schaefer, Texas Pride, or Milwaukees Best. There are a lot of restaurants in Forney and Terrell, but are any of them any good?

Don't forget Lone Star or Pearl now, this is Texas.

The Silver King is my Dream

"We're burnin' daylight"

MFP-GOOSLING 1

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: Missing Ling] #2380432 06/19/08 02:28 AM
sancho Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Quote:
Judging by the date, you went soon after the opening... a lot's changed...

I thrive on an unbiased objective opinion, such as this. This is precisely why I treasure an open forum so. A person with only one post defends a place called Fatdawgs and the user name is FD GIRL. It should be PH GIRL: for Phat Dogs. This place blows and sucks at the same time.

Quote:
salads.

And yes, don't you really enjoy getting you salad at a *roadhouse*. For God's sake.

Quote:
Great specials.

The place is billed as a hot dog joint, such as Wild About Harrys. The place is terrible. That's my opinion, but as a consumer it's my place to say so.

Quote:
Food is great.

See above. It's not much better that MRE dogs.

Quote:
Prices are great...

Compared to where? Manhattan? Terrible prices with a limited selection. No draft beer. A joke. Yeah, the *big time roadhouse*

Quote:
Their longnecks are like $2 for happy hour. That's the best price I know of in Forney.

The operable word here is *like* and like means a hell of a lot of different things. For instance, Phatdawgs is like a good place. Meaning that it's a terrible damned place.

Quote:

Yeah, that is just you.

Everyone else wants a good product and a fair price. Phatdawgs offers neither of these.

Beware of this dive.

what we need is another Joseph McCarthy
Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: sancho] #2382378 06/19/08 06:37 PM
N
nascarchuck Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: nascarchuck] #2393209 06/23/08 10:55 PM
Kev Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
You know i agree. but you look at all the ads they advertise on tv about these great looking burgers or what ever and when you go in that's not what you get. It really ticks me off, that is why i will not go to those corporate run places i will only go to the places that take pride in what they fix.

Re: Fat Dawgs [Re: sancho] #2399514 06/25/08 06:48 PM
F
FD Girl Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
FD
Originally Posted By: sancho
Quote:
Judging by the date, you went soon after the opening... a lot's changed...

I thrive on an unbiased objective opinion, such as this. This is precisely why I treasure an open forum so. A person with only one post defends a place called Fatdawgs and the user name is FD GIRL. It should be PH GIRL: for Phat Dogs. This place blows and sucks at the same time.

FD is actually "Fire Department" but I still stick to my original post. My boyfriend bartends there, so I can say with certaintly that their prices are more than fair...

They have 99 Cent Can Beers on Monday nights and 99 Cent Bottled Beers on Tuesday nights. Tell me anywhere else in the entire county you can go and get a Bud Light bottle for 99 Cents?

Have you been back to Fat Dawgs? Or are you just basing your experience around their opening? I can understand not going back if you had a bad experience, but I can also understand cutting them slack as a new business - that by the way - is more like a bar than a restaurant. . .

I don't think they're billing themselves as another Wild About Harry's. I think they're more of a little dive bar with pool tables, darts, poker tournaments, ect. - I don't think it's their great mission to be a five star restaurant.

Maybe I'm just defending them because I LOVE the place. I love the staff (obviously I support my boyfriend) and I love the owner. I also love the food & the events & specials.

Again, this is all just my opinion and I certainly feel like you're entitled to yours. I'm not bashing yours. I'm just stating mine (and not being mean or agrumentative).

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide