Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: Kodyjoe] #15039432 04/07/24 06:55 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Kodyjoe
Had 10.28 weighed but got disqualified. Think they said he saw it on livescope before tournament started and can't have livescope on before then

roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: WAWI] #15039444 04/07/24 07:17 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by WAWI
Had 10.28 weighed but got disqualified. Think they said he saw it on livescope before tournament started and can't have livescope on before then

roflmao

Yeh. Prolly lied about seeing it on his scope before the tournament. Haha. Trying to sound like a bad [censored] made him into a dumb [censored]. Haha.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: Kodyjoe] #15039501 04/07/24 08:21 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
B

Heard he also weighed in at the last second knowing he had the big fish of the hour.

Ouch

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: bloo_rainger] #15039662 04/07/24 11:11 PM
M
McLovin’ Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
M
It happened
We were weighing in when Crawford weighed his winning fish and everyone was talking about it

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: bloo_rainger] #15040124 04/08/24 02:05 PM
S
Scrappygreg Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
To set the record straight, I'm the guy. My partner and I made a terribly expensive mistake. We did not read or interpret the rules well enough. I wish I could say I was good enough with live scope to say we saw the fish I caught. What I can say is we knew the fish was in the area as we both live on the lake and had seen her in and out of a boat dock over the past few days. In regard to the post about failing the poly graph no test was taken, in discussions prior to the poly the rule was brought to my attention, and I then realized we had screwed up. We had no ill intent, but I could not take a poly graph and say we had not scanned the area. We had Talon's down at the dock where we had seen the fish days prior and did scan and see fish but would not have known if it was that fish or not. I'm sure there are others on this thread that have made mistakes during a tournament but were not put in a situation requiring a poly graph or maybe didn't even realize you made the error because it was never brought to your attention.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: bloo_rainger] #15040147 04/08/24 02:22 PM
S
Strugglebus Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Props to you for coming here and clearing that up. That is very understandable in my opinion, mistakes will be made. How you respond after making a mistake shows the kind of person you are.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: Scrappygreg] #15040152 04/08/24 02:28 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by Scrappygreg
To set the record straight, I'm the guy. My partner and I made a terribly expensive mistake. We did not read or interpret the rules well enough. I wish I could say I was good enough with live scope to say we saw the fish I caught. What I can say is we knew the fish was in the area as we both live on the lake and had seen her in and out of a boat dock over the past few days. In regard to the post about failing the poly graph no test was taken, in discussions prior to the poly the rule was brought to my attention, and I then realized we had screwed up. We had no ill intent, but I could not take a poly graph and say we had not scanned the area. We had Talon's down at the dock where we had seen the fish days prior and did scan and see fish but would not have known if it was that fish or not. I'm sure there are others on this thread that have made mistakes during a tournament but were not put in a situation requiring a poly graph or maybe didn't even realize you made the error because it was never brought to your attention.

Look at that, accountability cheers rock solid.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: bloo_rainger] #15040168 04/08/24 02:38 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
I guess the way the rules written wouldn’t anyone who liked down at their screen before starting time be disqualified? Seems like a tough rule.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: Scrappygreg] #15040183 04/08/24 02:44 PM
G
GMTK Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Originally Posted by Scrappygreg

Good on you for admitting your mistake. Keep your head up.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: grandbassslayer] #15040201 04/08/24 02:54 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
I guess the way the rules written wouldn’t anyone who liked down at their screen before starting time be disqualified? Seems like a tough rule.

Seems rough, but it’s intent is probably to prevent people from getting ran over while they side scan around at idle while others are flying around going 70.

The rule should be modified somehow, this man was just sitting there poled down, who cares, he was safe. It wasn’t like he gained a competitive advantage.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: nfhbass] #15040369 04/08/24 05:19 PM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by nfhbass

Seems rough, but it’s intent is probably to prevent people from getting ran over while they side scan around at idle while others are flying around going 70.

The rule should be modified somehow, this man was just sitting there poled down, who cares, he was safe. It wasn’t like he gained a competitive advantage.

It’s an auto Dq in most events now days. U can thank the crappie events for this rule as they are the ones who was scoping fish before start times to throw once legal time was hit

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: mudd] #15040409 04/08/24 06:01 PM
T
tejasbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by mudd
Originally Posted by nfhbass

It’s an auto Dq in most events now days. U can thank the crappie events for this rule as they are the ones who was scoping fish before start times to throw once legal time was hit

Happened at other trailering bass events as well. One morning, quite a few teams launched an hour before official time and scanned points to determine which one they preferred to start on that particular morning. We just sat on our point but there were several boats running around scanning. There was no rule against it at the time. Scrappygreg, thanks for owning the oversight. Rules have changed a bit the past few years because of technology and people pushing things as far as they will go.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: bloo_rainger] #15040719 04/08/24 10:28 PM
S
Scrappygreg Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Thanks tejasbass. It been a heart breaker still haven't gotten over it but have no one to blame but myself.

Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: bloo_rainger] #15040815 04/08/24 11:59 PM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Scrappygreg, first off I'm sorry for what hppened to you. Secondly, coming on here was a classy move. So many times post are made and comments follow. Yet we never hear the real story. And it seems everyone wants to pile on. Once again, class move. Money can buy boats and cars and so forth. But it can't buy honesty integrity and respect. Your post showed you have all 3.

Rangerkev
Re: KMOO / Basschamps [Re: bloo_rainger] #15040819 04/09/24 12:07 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Rule of thumb for BB tourneys, turn everything but mapping off prior to official start time.

The situation sucks and it looks as if the angler was not trying to "scope" the fish to catch it and had already seen it with his own eyes.

#MFGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide