Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: Douglas J] #15022396 03/20/24 06:30 PM
EastTexasBassin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Dumping a bunch of sewage into White Rock would probably make the lake cleaner.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: Douglas J] #15022599 03/20/24 10:19 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
I've got a buddy that was raised up at Hochatown, Oklahoma; the Broken Bow Lake area, where they've built ten's of thousands of those mountain cabins. He was telling me there is no one to regulate any of the construction up there and most of the cabins have way undersized sewer system and they overflow into all the creeks and tributaries around the lake and the river systems. The Honey Wagon business is booming up there and can't keep up. The multi-family cabins usually run over and back up and have to be pumped every week. This is probably not the only two places this is happening in this region of the country as someone has said.
I would not eat any of the trout out of the creeks or fish from Broken Bow.
The cabin construction standards are non-existent as well and he said some of the cabins he's seen built are probably going to wind up killing some people before to long.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 03/20/24 10:24 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #15022671 03/21/24 12:11 AM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I've got a buddy that was raised up at Hochatown, Oklahoma; the Broken Bow Lake area, where they've built ten's of thousands of those mountain cabins. He was telling me there is no one to regulate any of the construction up there and most of the cabins have way undersized sewer system and they overflow into all the creeks and tributaries around the lake and the river systems. The Honey Wagon business is booming up there and can't keep up. The multi-family cabins usually run over and back up and have to be pumped every week. This is probably not the only two places this is happening in this region of the country as someone has said.
The cabin construction standards are non-existent as well and he said some of the cabins he's seen built are probably going to wind up killing some people before to long.

It’s where our state record largemouth came from. Poop can be beneficial.

Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: rj74955] #15022780 03/21/24 02:11 AM
O
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by rj74955

It’s where our state record largemouth came from. Poop can be beneficial.
Caney Lake in Louisiana was surrounded by chicken houses at one point. They used the poop from them to fertilize hay fields and pastures around the lake. I think the state wildlife biologists attributed partly to the chicken fertilizer runoff, the amount of state record fish that came out of it. I know we caught every species they stocked it with and most everything we caught was massive when compared to fish coming from other waters in the area.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: tx_basser] #15024570 03/22/24 11:30 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by tx_basser
Happens all over.... I remember duck hunting on a Lavon about 10 years ago not to far from the water treatment plant and watching turds float by.

Depending on the local cuisine, that could have been considered illegal baiting. roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #15024607 03/23/24 12:17 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

To install a private sewer system you have to be licensed by the DEQ, and you perform a “self inspection” no clue of anyone ever failed one of those inspections…

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 03/23/24 12:18 AM.
Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: grandbassslayer] #15025045 03/23/24 05:17 PM
O
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

To install a private sewer system you have to be licensed by the DEQ, and you perform a “self inspection” no clue of anyone ever failed one of those inspections…

From what my friend was saying they were just giving the contractors/property owners what ever they wanted which was usually just the cheapest system available. I think a lot of them are running the style with the solids and water tanks with the pump and sprinkler heads. That's what I have here at my place in Delta County. They work really good as long as you don't overwhelm them.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: Douglas J] #15025895 03/24/24 03:50 PM
RCarter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Was told many years ago when I first began fishing Falcon that the primary reason it was loaded with big fish and fast growth rates was all the raw sewage being dumped into the Rio Grande above the lake from Nuevo Laredo.........

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Re: Sh**ty Situation [Re: Douglas J] #15026006 03/24/24 06:34 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
[Linked Image]

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide