Re: Share Lunkers [Re: Captain Break-Off] #15022992 03/21/24 12:55 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Captain Break-Off
Originally Posted by JackMason
13.62 from Ivie boated from "that guy" a couple of hours ago.

My friend Larry Walker caught the 13.62 yesterday from Ivie and yes he was fishing with JJ but he still had to catch the fish . Caught it on a 6" swim bait and this was his second Lunker in less than 10 days , his first weighed 13.83 and was NOT caught fishing with JJ. Congrats Larry , get another one this week buddy !!!!!

I think Larry is the oldest guy ever to catch a ShareLunker. Rumor is he's close to 100 years old! I also wonder if anyone has caught two in a row that fast. Has anyone looked this up in the record book? I won't be surprised if he doesn't get a 3rd one before the week is out. If you know Larry, there isn't anyone out there who fishes harder for giants. He's quite possibly the most obsessed fishermen on the planet. He's a heck of a guy and I'm glad to be able to call him a friend as well. For being 100 years old, I wouldn't want to tangle with him either. I'm not sure who would win if we ever threw down! I hope I'm fishing half as well as he does at his age. cheers

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Share Lunkers [Re: Jpurdue] #15023037 03/21/24 01:30 PM
Dognot Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

My friend Larry Walker caught the 13.62 yesterday from Ivie and yes he was fishing with JJ but he still had to catch the fish . Caught it on a 6" swim bait and this was his second Lunker in less than 10 days , his first weighed 13.83 and was NOT caught fishing with JJ. Congrats Larry , get another one this week buddy !!!!!

I think Larry is the oldest guy ever to catch a ShareLunker. Rumor is he's close to 100 years old! I also wonder if anyone has caught two in a row that fast. Has anyone looked this up in the record book? I won't be surprised if he doesn't get a 3rd one before the week is out. If you know Larry, there isn't anyone out there who fishes harder for giants. He's quite possibly the most obsessed fishermen on the planet. He's a heck of a guy and I'm glad to be able to call him a friend as well. For being 100 years old, I wouldn't want to tangle with him either. I'm not sure who would win if we ever threw down! I hope I'm fishing half as well as he does at his age. cheers

Larry Signed my copy of the book He wrote "From Minnows to Marlin" while he was waiting for the first ShareLunker truck to arrive.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

โ€œHard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.โ€
Re: Share Lunkers [Re: WAWI] #15023040 03/21/24 01:39 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Clearwater7

Curious if anyone knows what's going over at Ivie that makes it such a big bass factory? What is different there that causes the bass to grow so big?

New lake effect from being low for so many years.

It's also fairly remote. Gets a lot less pressure than lakes closer to the metro areas.

It used to get a lot less pressure lol

It is also further evidence the SAL Program works.

[Linked Image]

Re: Share Lunkers [Re: Jpurdue] #15023048 03/21/24 01:42 PM
C
Captain Break-Off Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C

Larry is 78 now and is absolutely the most obsessed fisherman in the world !!! He has been to at least 55 countries fishing all over the world, with his 2 lunkers, he is close to 190 bass over 10 pounds. He may well get another lunker this week before he heads back for home. I personally would like to see him break his personal best bass which I believe was 14 plus that he caught in Honduras. Get yourself another biggin' Larry.

Re: Share Lunkers [Re: Captain Break-Off] #15023405 03/21/24 09:12 PM
C
Clearwater7 Offline
Angler
Angler
C

Larry is 78 now and is absolutely the most obsessed fisherman in the world !!! He has been to at least 55 countries fishing all over the world, with his 2 lunkers, he is close to 190 bass over 10 pounds. He may well get another lunker this week before he heads back for home. I personally would like to see him break his personal best bass which I believe was 14 plus that he caught in Honduras. Get yourself another biggin' Larry.

I was just about to make a thread about this guy to see if any of you knew him. It's the second time I've seen him posing with a 13lb+ ShareLunker this year! 190 bass over 10lbs... and here I am still trying to catch one bang

Re: Share Lunkers [Re: Douglas J] #15023779 03/22/24 03:00 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Larry is a legend!

It's a shame nobody ever produced a TV show with him as the host. He has been traveling the world for many years chasing every and any kind of big fish that could be caught.

#MFGA
Re: Share Lunkers [Re: Jpurdue] #15023975 03/22/24 01:19 PM
T
The Netstretcher Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
T

This might be the "two in a row" record?

[Linked Image]

Re: Share Lunkers [Re: Cuervo Jones] #15024141 03/22/24 04:18 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
That is what I did ,Measured her took pics and back she went . Got a replica of her on my wall !

Butch Farmer
Re: Share Lunkers [Re: T Bird] #15025785 03/24/24 02:02 PM
machinist Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by T Bird
Ivy is a very special place!

Ivy is what grows on a wall! Ivie is a lake!

I fish on the edge and stay out of the middle

99 BassCat Jag w/225 Merc Optimax
Retired TXU Outage Manager
Re: Share Lunkers [Re: machinist] #15025890 03/24/24 03:47 PM
RCarter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by machinist
Originally Posted by T Bird
Ivy is a very special place!

Ivy is what grows on a wall! Ivie is a lake!

+1

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide