Forums59
Topics1,041,380
Posts13,999,303
Members144,256
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: Barrett] #14760572 06/26/23 03:19 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Barrett
A lot of people blame the low turnouts in tournaments this year around the economy. I think that has a lot to do with it but I also think instances like this are just as much to blame. It didn't use to be like this. Now everybody is a wanna be pro. If you think you are that good at being your local DFW KVD and its that important to you, go fish the opens and play with the big boys.

agree, I try my best not to let much bother me and have fun but there is a lot of the no consideration for others out there.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: Tiltman] #14760577 06/26/23 03:22 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tiltman
A lot of people blame the low turnouts in tournaments this year around the economy. I think that has a lot to do with it but I also think instances like this are just as much to blame. It didn't use to be like this. Now everybody is a wanna be pro. If you think you are that good at being your local DFW KVD and its that important to you, go fish the opens and play with the big boys.

agree, I try my best not to let much bother me and have fun but there is a lot of the no consideration for others out there.

I used to live and breathe tournament fishing. Now I just fish a couple a year. Its stuff exactly like this that takes the fun out of it.

Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: Barrett] #14760579 06/26/23 03:23 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

100% why I fish very few anymore, even club tourneys are full of wanna-K-vds

#MFGA
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: PEDRO H.] #14760582 06/26/23 03:27 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by PEDRO H.
That long point with the house on it in cedar has been a great spot to get big fish. I see boats on it a lot! and with that this is bound to happen. Hate that this happened to you. Hopefully You and Montana can get this squashed. You should of just went up to Lonnie and talked to him He's the head Guy for the TD pro Staff.

We were just fun fishing and seen two-three boats sitting around that spot all morning. Seemed like a good spot that a lot of people wanted to fish.

Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: over the hill @PK] #14760597 06/26/23 03:44 PM
rickys Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
The story doesn't sound good at all, but before I got onto a public forum to blast someone I would make sure I had video footage of the incident. If I did not then I would 100% handle it at the lake, or move on from the situation. There's always two sides to every story. Cameras don't lie. Just my opinion.

Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: Barrett] #14760612 06/26/23 03:59 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

+1

Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #14760630 06/26/23 04:18 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Originally Posted by PEDRO H.
That long point with the house on it in cedar has been a great spot to get big fish. I see boats on it a lot! and with that this is bound to happen. Hate that this happened to you. Hopefully You and Montana can get this squashed. You should of just went up to Lonnie and talked to him He's the head Guy for the TD pro Staff.

We were just fun fishing and seen two-three boats sitting around that spot all morning. Seemed like a good spot that a lot of people wanted to fish.

Well it will be now. RiP

Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: over the hill @PK] #14760633 06/26/23 04:23 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
And I think it should be handled on water or ramp, I think you give some room to a guy fishing with a couple kids in the boat, and it's a benefit tourny not the open. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't burn a 30 lbs hole for a 500 dollar pay out. I also wonder if it were 2 grown men instead of older guy with a couple kids if would have gone down that way. I think it was short sighted on the wrapped boat and the fishing community will deal with it appropriately.

Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: WAWI] #14760635 06/26/23 04:24 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
O
The boss lol ? you can tell by all the B/S going on on that lake there is no boss.I have been fishing it for 50 years and never seen anything like what has happened to that lake in the past 3 years!

Butch Farmer
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: Brent S] #14760639 06/26/23 04:30 PM
O
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
O
AMAN TO THAT ! Go fish with the pros .You will be put in your place pretty quick. Don't think that just because you have a decal on your boat that that makes you able to just take any place you want on the lake. Remember you still [censored] between two legs just like the rest of us.

Butch Farmer
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: WAWI] #14760643 06/26/23 04:35 PM
O
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
O
As the guy who had it done to him I hope so to. Boat traffic on that lake is already so bad that you wish you were home . We do not need a holes to adding to the problems .

Butch Farmer
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: rickys] #14760652 06/26/23 04:42 PM
O
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
O
well we did take a pic as I am sure they did to but ours was of them pulling into the spot crowding us out. I also sent a message to Tackle Depot telling them what their pet boys did . Probably nothing will come of this but at least I have had my say. If I see them on the lake I will stop and pay my respects too.

Butch Farmer
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: over the hill @PK] #14760659 06/26/23 04:51 PM
T
Trx21 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Just going to say it.

Let's start by clarifying that this is a good 85-90% of the field, some are great and taught very well. 20% or more are on their phone and don't even want to be there lol.

High School fishing is the worst thing that ever happened to fishing period.

It used to be one of the few things adults still had without so much bs. To the point I believe it changed everyone's attitude towards it and made aggression on the water even worse.

Personally been fishing tournaments for 20 years. First tourney was a weeknight hooters event on grapevine at 18 and I stopped this year due to the incidents on the water with high school teams both practicing and competing. Have never seen anything like the lack of sportsman ship and integrity involved with most, NOT ALL, of the "teams" I have encountered on the water.

Grown Mean that are "Capitan's" turn back into 17 yr old boys and throw everything they were taught by their dads about this sport right out the window. It is a shame. Your fathers would be embarrassed and your grandfathers wouldn't even know what to think. If your kids were in football or another sport then your lack of leadership or educating wouldn't be effecting them like it is. Coaches don't act like that, I am sure most of you remember.

Now I make sure to know where you're all going and go the opposite direction so that fishing can be what is used to be enjoyable, relaxing and fun. Honestly it has been incredible, minus missing the competition. Hoping this is just a phase and sooner or later it will calm down. Unfortunately the economy may take care of that on it's own if we don't get a change in the next few years.

Hate to break it to you but all of us on here minus the guides, pro's and 3 you tubers that profit will never make a living in this game. The scholarships aren't gonna put your kid through the University of Texas nor TCU. However, what you did do was ruin a Grandpa and his grandkids weekend, got really hot, dehydrated and showed your team exactly what you shouldn't do to win. Congrats!!!!

Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: ssmith] #14760662 06/26/23 04:51 PM
O
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
O
My rant here has nothing to do with $ it has to do with what is right and what is wrong ! I guess if you fish east of PK it's ok to screw people but over here we still believe in live and let live.

Butch Farmer
Re: fishing the tourny H/S tourny on PK [Re: over the hill @PK] #14760664 06/26/23 04:54 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by over the hill @PK
The boss lol ? you can tell by all the B/S going on on that lake there is no boss.I have been fishing it for 50 years and never seen anything like what has happened to that lake in the past 3 years!

Just wait until the yougoobers hit it now they know the big fish are eating..... OH IVIE part duex. They'll be staking claim to spots they never knew existed

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide