Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Squaw Creek [Re: JWalls] #14466356 09/02/22 06:11 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by JWalls
Since we are stirring things up what is everyone's opinion on fog delays.
1. Hold you inside the buoys.
2. Hold you from launching.
3. Let you go no matter what the conditions. You are responsible adults who can control yourselves and not run on pad when you cannot see past your trolling motor.

Idle only in the fog should be the logical way to go. Unfortunately it will never work. I've been out there so many times where a cold front hits after launch in the morning. Fog sets in after everyone is out on the water. Anyone with half a brain knows you should not do anything above an idle when you can't even see your trolling motor. YET, there are always a hand full of idiots you can hear running wide open in the fog. Every single time. I am always amazed that someone hasn't been killed out there in the fog. I did see a boat hit the bank one morning in the fog. It's unfortunate that we have a hand full of bass fishermen that are just to stupid to use what should be common sense. #3 is just not a reality, and number 2 probably isn't either.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Squaw Creek [Re: JWalls] #14466390 09/02/22 06:35 PM
watermelon orange Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by barryfish
Is Theresa, brad, and Billy still working it?

Billy is back and Frog if you remember him from before. Teresa is having some health issue and will not be able to return to work but you may see her from time to time feeding those cats.

Sweet lady! Always greeted me my Hi Todd.... I'd bet she did that with everyone!

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: JWalls] #14466397 09/02/22 06:38 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I had ask about taking money online but accounting said there was no way they could process it. It would be faster getting everyone in for sure. Still trying to figure out how to deal with all the no shows. I think the having to wait at the side until all the reservations holders get in first will reduce the number who do not bother to make reservations and hold up the line while the sheet is being filled out. Also pay attention to the blanks. Google fill must not be right because emails are where phone numbers should be and phone numbers are missing on several of the first 150. They will now have to ask for it when they show up. Also first and last names are swapped. If they can not find your last name have them try your first name, you may have put them in backwards.

I don't doubt what you say here, and I'm certainly not trying to shoot the messenger. I suspect if management was solely up to J Walls alone it would be managed way better. I get how huge companies work. However, I find it unimaginable that a multi million dollar company can't figure out how to take an online reservation with payment. It really does blow my mind. Only a mega corporation could make it this difficult. Have you guys ever considered just putting the yearly management of the fishing side up for bid to a private company? Let the private company manage the fishing side for the contract term (with some obvious terms and rules). At that point the private company goes to a set of rules that either doesn't let non paid online reservations in before say 10am or they simply don't allow them in at all. Pre pay makes no shows a non issue. The process needed to manage the fishing at Squaw properly just isn't that difficult to figure out.

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: Douglas J] #14466402 09/02/22 06:41 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Im ready for some of those 100 fish days! Get you blue fleck power worms ready!

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: Squaw Creek [Re: JWalls] #14466409 09/02/22 06:48 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
3. Let you go no matter what the conditions. You are responsible adults who can control yourselves and not run on pad when you cannot see past your trolling motor.

This is the funniest comment that I have read in some time. There will always be some jack wagon with the holier than thou attitude and take off.

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: JWalls] #14466427 09/02/22 07:11 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Sounds logical to me except my old brain still has memories of being out on Monticello in fog so thick you literally couldn’t see past the front of your boat idling around but with your butt so tight you couldn’t drive a toothpick in it with a sledge hammer because you could hear boats running on plane in the area. (Sorry for the visual) 😳

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: Douglas J] #14466556 09/02/22 09:01 PM
M
musiclife_7 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Thanks @Jwalls for communicating with all of us. Looking forward to get back out there.

As a note, Im the pres of one of the local bass clubs. I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask for a Tourney permit and a fee along side of it. Assuming it wasn't too much, clubs would pay it IMO. As far as the fog goes, I think you have to allow people to fish the lake they are paying to fish. If that means Idle only, it means Idle only. We've all been held in the bouys all day and it's just not worth the drive and money spent to be held back. People who fish there have to understand that it's a strong possibility and they must abide by the rules. Maybe we can get a strobe light installed that flashes like a school zone. If it's flashing you can't run out from the ramp.

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: Mark Perry] #14466580 09/02/22 09:17 PM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by TeamTriton13
Eliminating the smaller tournaments would be the biggest benefit. Then you don't have 3 clubs going at once mixed with the regular people, all the weigh in setups etc. Set a tournament minimum and only a few will qualify. That alone will take away a huge headache as well as some folks that are more serious than they should be.

But then less guys could send it and swing for the fences to get 5x3 and make the water their stadium.

They gotta get a picture of their best 5….

They gotta show the grind bruh....it's all about the grind. Those 2 boat tournaments are big deals and they gotta bring their A game, fish their guts out, give 110% and leave it all out there on the water.

Never stop never stopping

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: Douglas J] #14466645 09/02/22 10:53 PM
WattoFish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
All this talk of running on plane in heavy fog is strong testament of human stupidity.

I'll be sure to keep some business cards handy so my trauma surgeon buddies and I are on speed dial after the crash.

Last edited by WattoFish; 09/02/22 10:53 PM.
Re: Squaw Creek [Re: WattoFish] #14466741 09/02/22 11:58 PM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by WattoFish
All this talk of running on plane in heavy fog is strong testament of human stupidity.

I'll be sure to keep some business cards handy so my trauma surgeon buddies and I are on speed dial after the crash.

Watto will you hold on to some of my cards as well...I migjht be coaxed out of retirement to handle a few pi cases as well.....

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: Douglas J] #14467096 09/03/22 01:33 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
if they dont have hard rules about running in the fog the folks wont pay any attention.

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: watermelon orange] #14467244 09/03/22 03:45 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Originally Posted by watermelon orange
Originally Posted by barryfish
Is Theresa, brad, and Billy still working it?

Billy is back and Frog if you remember him from before. Teresa is having some health issue and will not be able to return to work but you may see her from time to time feeding those cats.

Sweet lady! Always greeted me my Hi Todd.... I'd bet she did that with everyone!

Naaa. She typically just called me Chris

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Squaw Creek [Re: Douglas J] #14467498 09/03/22 09:40 PM
B
barryfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
The biggest problem with the big fish disappearing is this in my opinion.

So when the lake reopened after 9/11, big bags where brought in for a few years. When people bring bags in, they aren't a bunch of small fish. Bringing that many big fish from the discharge or river to the ramp and having temps fluctuate from 10-20degreee at the ramp, depending on where you caught them. Just like buying fish and not acclimating them in a fish tank. Along with not fizzing, the big ones start to deplete. You can see this as the years went on, up to the last 2 years it was open. It went from 24+lb bags to 15-18winning. I can't tell you how many times I had to fizz fish after weigh in. Heck, I caught fish in 8ft of water that needed fizzing along with 61ft of water. Those big fish just died off.... Since talapia are vegetarians mostly, I wouldn't blame it on talapia eating bait. But I would also bet, those talapia take nutrients from the bait. Why did they take the cleaning station out? Heard they did, imagine all the dead talapia in the parking lots now. Also, why not fix the ramp?

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: Douglas J] #14467537 09/03/22 11:00 PM
K
KS374 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
A lot of yall are kinda missing some key components, they reopened the lake so people would stop whining about it, theyre running a skeleton crew already and some of yall still find ways to nitpick everything. Id bet if this keeps up theyll say screw it all and just permanently close it.

Re: Squaw Creek [Re: KS374] #14467552 09/03/22 11:23 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by KS374
A lot of yall are kinda missing some key components, they reopened the lake so people would stop whining about it, theyre running a skeleton crew already and some of yall still find ways to nitpick everything. Id bet if this keeps up theyll say screw it all and just permanently close it.

Yep. Bunch of Karen’s.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide