texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,746
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Sawhorse] #12942062 10/22/18 08:42 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Sawhorse
Originally Posted By: Happykamper

Not sure what Zeke in Canton has to do with anything, and yes jimmy put the fear into them alright, he would cut players that did the team no good to make a point, he damn sure would not cut any of his stars, and that was in the no salary cap era, its easy to shop with an unlimited budget. But yes he had a way better group than this bunch, coaches all the way down to the trainers. I think the culture has to change like it did when Parcells was brought in, doubt that is happening anytime soon unless this team completely goes in New York Giants mode.

My primary point was around players on this current team, and how accountability seems to be lacking.

Zeke in Canton...get so enthralled about his yards per carry, game, season...etc., and completely overlook things he does that negatively the team. You mentioned culture. How does having a face of the franchise player on the field half-arsing it (ever) impact the team? (Just one example)

My point regarding fear is that I think Jimmy was 100% right! To be clear, I dont think he was only referencing the fear of being cut. A great team has great leadership. Great leadership helps keep s*** in line. I would guess Bradys receivers fear wrath from Brady - for running a bad route - more than they fear getting cut by Belichick. 90s Cowboy player feared wrath from Aickman, Irvin, Woodson...as a result of poor play, more than they feared getting cut. They damn well knew every player on that team was 100% prepared and was going to fulfill every element of their job - on every play - or else!

I get your point, one thing is Zeke is far from being a half assed player who does not give effort, not sure which game your watching, I would imagine after yesterdays game he had a hard time getting out of bed from the beating he took. Those 1990's teams were special, this team will never ever get to where those guys were, and not many NFL franchises will either.

[Linked Image]
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Okie Poke] #12942071 10/22/18 08:50 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I bitched that they had no receivers. Now I will stop bitching about that and watch to see if Cooper can bring it.

They at least tried to address it. I give them credit for that. Now just gotta see if it helps.

Last edited by Mark Perry; 10/22/18 10:10 PM.
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Happykamper] #12942166 10/22/18 10:08 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
How does having a face of the franchise player on the field half-arsing it (ever) impact the team? (Just one example)

Zeke is far from being a half assed player who does not give effort, not sure which game your watching.

To be clear, I dont think hes a half assed player who does not give effort, and I never said that. I have seen times where it appeared to me that he was half-arsing and not giving full effort. Almost all occurred when he didnt have the ball. I dont think a team leader, or face of the franchise player should EVER be in a position where their effort could be called into question.

As far as what game Im watching, it would be Cowboys games where Ezekiel Elliott is playing. Since he arrived here there have been times where he appeared (to me) to be giving less than a complete level of effort. Since I dont have game film I cant provide multiple examples to illustrate my point. Heres one though (attached).

This video immediately popped up on YouTube using the search Ezekiel Elliott effort. If I had game film I believe I could post more...again, almost all would be from times he didnt have the ball in his hands.

Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Okie Poke] #12942177 10/22/18 10:15 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Also HK, I forgot to mention that I couldnt find any other examples on YouTube when searching ___ ___ effort, when searching for Emmitt, Barry, Dickerson, Harris, Davis, Watters, and about 5 other RBs that would indisputably be considered great. I dont remember there being any either.

Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Okie Poke] #12942191 10/22/18 10:27 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
I would take Kareem Hunts effort ahead of Zeke. But Hunt may have a better coach and oc.

Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Okie Poke] #12942194 10/22/18 10:31 PM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Cooper its a name, thats all. last season and so far this season, couldn't catch a cold soak and wet in a blizzard. Way to many drop balls, dont get to excited!

Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Smurfs] #12942212 10/22/18 10:55 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted By: Smurfs
Cooper its a name, thats all. last season and so far this season, couldn't catch a cold soak and wet in a blizzard. Way to many drop balls, dont get to excited!

Don't like giving up the 1st rounder.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Okie Poke] #12942242 10/22/18 11:26 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Agree ^^^^

Jesus loves all of us
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12942253 10/22/18 11:33 PM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Nope... Loved me some Jedi. His body would no longer hold up.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Mark Perry] #12942256 10/22/18 11:34 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
I bitched that they had no receivers. Now I will stop bitching about that and watch to see if Cooper can bring it.

They at least tried to address it. I give them credit for that. Now just gotta see if it helps.

The kid has what it takes to be great, it's up to Linehan to put him in that position. Create plays that fits his skill set. He has speed so they don't have to teach that. I may be overexcited but Cooper is just one number away from 88 and I don't mean Dez.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Sawhorse] #12942317 10/23/18 12:14 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Also HK, I forgot to mention that I couldnt find any other examples on YouTube when searching ___ ___ effort, when searching for Emmitt, Barry, Dickerson, Harris, Davis, Watters, and about 5 other RBs that would indisputably be considered great. I dont remember there being any either.

Lets just agree to disagree, he is one of the best if not best running back in the NFL, he can do it all and has, he leads the NFL in rushing from day 1, I think he is second this year because of that debacle yesterday, google away.

[Linked Image]
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Happykamper] #12942334 10/23/18 12:27 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

Lets just agree to disagree, he is one of the best if not best running back in the NFL, he can do it all and has, he leads the NFL in rushing from day 1, I think he is second this year because of that debacle yesterday, google away.

thumb
(BTW - I didnt google, I YouTubed)

Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Happykamper] #12942371 10/23/18 12:57 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F

Not sure what Zeke in Canton has to do with anything, and yes jimmy put the fear into them alright, he would cut players that did the team no good to make a point, he damn sure would not cut any of his stars, and that was in the no salary cap era, its easy to shop with an unlimited budget. But yes he had a way better group than this bunch, coaches all the way down to the trainers. I think the culture has to change like it did when Parcells was brought in, doubt that is happening anytime soon unless this team completely goes in New York Giants mode.

My primary point was around players on this current team, and how accountability seems to be lacking.

Zeke in Canton...get so enthralled about his yards per carry, game, season...etc., and completely overlook things he does that negatively the team. You mentioned culture. How does having a face of the franchise player on the field half-arsing it (ever) impact the team? (Just one example)

My point regarding fear is that I think Jimmy was 100% right! To be clear, I dont think he was only referencing the fear of being cut. A great team has great leadership. Great leadership helps keep s*** in line. I would guess Bradys receivers fear wrath from Brady - for running a bad route - more than they fear getting cut by Belichick. 90s Cowboy player feared wrath from Aickman, Irvin, Woodson...as a result of poor play, more than they feared getting cut. They damn well knew every player on that team was 100% prepared and was going to fulfill every element of their job - on every play - or else!

I get your point, one thing is Zeke is far from being a half assed player who does not give effort, not sure which game your watching, I would imagine after yesterdays game he had a hard time getting out of bed from the beating he took. Those 1990's teams were special, this team will never ever get to where those guys were, and not many NFL franchises will either.

Yep. People forget that was before the salary cap. The glory days when JJ could write the checks. And I enjoyed those three Super Bowls very much.

Last edited by fish4bass; 10/23/18 01:00 AM.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: Okie Poke] #12942410 10/23/18 01:28 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Me too ^^^

Jesus loves all of us
Re: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED......COWBOYS vs REDSKINS [Re: fish4bass] #12946839 10/26/18 09:15 PM
R
roadtrip Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: fish4bass

Yep. People forget that was before the salary cap. The glory days when JJ could write the checks. And I enjoyed those three Super Bowls very much.

That was way back when Granpa was just Pa

Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide