Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: Skip_48] #12777644 06/02/18 02:47 PM
L
leanin post Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Skip_48
These tails are so dark, don't think I have ever seen any like that. Nice to know!

Skip

There is nothing like it on the planet. natural or synthetic.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12936744 10/17/18 11:10 PM
G
gar1970 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G
Did anyone ever get any of these tails? If so do you have any pics of jigs tied with them?

https://www.Jiglyf.com

TEXAS ELITE ANGLER
Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12936881 10/18/18 01:15 AM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Dans jigs bought some from me, not sure what he did with them.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: crapicat] #12936894 10/18/18 01:22 AM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: leanin post
pics coming soon, this is a rare chance to get this type of hair.
we arent getting along so great with the russians lately if ya havent noticed, ha
I will do a side by side comparison of the gray and russian blue.
once you tie a few jigs with this hair and see the difference, you will really like it.
hopefully whoever I decide to trade with will give an honest review of the hair.
This has been kind of a secret weapon of mine for a while now, and I decided to share, thats all. I catch my share of crappie, and always try to get better. if you dont love the hair, I will take it back.
If you were to look at the hair under a microscope, it has tiny secondary hairs on the strands, that give it the livelyness. Im not trying to sound like a used car salesman here, but theres just nothing else like it on the planet. natural or artificial.

WELL, instead of calling you leaning post, maybe we aught to amend that tradin post! I love that anyone outside a fur trader knows the differences in such depth of different types of squirrel tail, not to mention other types of fur. I love it! I believe the Alaskan and Canadian squirrel tails rival some of the stuff the Russians produce. But there is no doubt hair on the cold climate animals are much better, thicker, and denser than the stuff you can find in the lower 48...great post! Say, you never mentioned what you are looking for in trade, as I may be very interested. They make great Jigs, I used to have a guy tie me some up when I fly fished years ago...

CAT the problem with the alaskan and canadian tails, is it tends to curl alot at the ends. the russian blue tends to be straighter and pointier. it has more taper from root to tip.

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12937468 10/18/18 03:08 PM
S
Skip_48 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I will say the ones in this pictures really do look great! Would love some of that to play with. Don't know if you have found the heads you want or not, but if not PM me and we can talk. I have a good many 1/8 and 1/4 oz heads.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
colors of Marabou plus other things![/color]

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12937934 10/18/18 09:08 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Another really cool thing abt squirrel is how it reacts in water.. now if you take a feather jig, and dip it in the water, the feathers cling together and form kind of a solid stem shape. when you jig it, the whole stem kind of indulates as one solid feather.. maribou opens some, but for the most part, sticks to itself as a clump.. when squirrel hair hits the water it splays open like a flower opening is the best way I can explain. it wants to open and seperate, then when you move it, it tends to want to close together slightly. so you get a pulsing indulation effect. I think this is really the magic in the hair that attracts a bite.
Adressing Skip, im good on jigheads now thanks to Dan , he got me fixed up good. I will think abt something else maybe to trade. I only have a couple left that I will consider parting with.

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12938436 10/19/18 05:30 AM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
im sure several folks on this forum have done extensive internet searches for these tails and have found out, they arent easily gotten. . I will sell just 2 more at 16.00 each, plus 3.00 shipping. OR trade 2 tails for 4 large jars of berkley crappie nibbles. chromaglow chartreuse, or chartreuse sparkle, or silver sparkle, or plain chartreuse shipped to my door. OR deal number THREE . A new marker bouy, and a spool of 4 pound test P LINE fishing line.
if I can track down any more I will let everyone know. usually I can only buy a couple or 3 at a time, so these tails were collected over a course of several years.

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12938437 10/19/18 05:36 AM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
gar 1970 bought 2, so just 2 left !!! OMG

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12938632 10/19/18 01:47 PM
S
Skip_48 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I can live without them as I have way too much stuff anyway. I would have traded something I will probably not use ever again for them, but I sure don't need them, but thanks!

I still have to figure out what to tie for a guy that wants some of my Polar Bear.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
colors of Marabou plus other things![/color]

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: Skip_48] #12939267 10/19/18 11:58 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Skip_48
I can live without them as I have way too much stuff anyway. I would have traded something I will probably not use ever again for them, but I sure don't need them, but thanks!

I still have to figure out what to tie for a guy that wants some of my Polar Bear.

Skip

Yes, I use the hair for different purposes, tieing jigs is just one thing they are used for, I also make special detail paint brushes with this hair, so they will get used one way or another if I keep them. It is much harder to buy than it is to sell.

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12942856 10/23/18 03:31 PM
G
gar1970 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G
My first impression was wow this fur is so soft unlike any other squirrel fur i own.
I couldn't wait to start tying, so These are the first ones

Thank you steve! And if you ever get another albino tail please keep me in mind
Leo

https://www.Jiglyf.com

TEXAS ELITE ANGLER
Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12943190 10/23/18 08:08 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
The albino russian blue tail is a fiery reddish gold, just stunning. he must be the cassanova of the squirrel community. roflmao maybe one in every 5,000

Re: no 2 squirrels are exactly alike. [Re: leanin post] #12943198 10/23/18 08:13 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
that black and orange will be great for heavy stained or muddy water ! the hair wont fade either, because it wasnt dyed,. its natural.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide