Forums59
Topics1,039,193
Posts13,960,714
Members144,194
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12935753 10/17/18 01:24 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Ya'll quit being so negative, dayumm. Ought to be glad you're not a Giants fan. Think what those poor people are going through.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12935814 10/17/18 02:16 AM
D
DJB Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Some will say Frank. But im a bottom line guy. AND ITS 8 -8.

Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Mark Perry] #12935878 10/17/18 03:21 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
That defense is gonna get torched by a good offense. Just watch.

BTW Jerry's comments today about a Garrett contract extension story were interesting. He basically called the reporter that wrote the story a liar. His comments at the owners meeting today were not exactly supportive of Garrett at all and he called out the reporter publicly.

I saw the comments and I agree he sounded like he was sending a message....as for the defense, Washington ain't gonna torch them.... we'll see about the rest

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: txmasterpo] #12935882 10/17/18 03:32 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: txmasterpo

BTW Jerry's comments today about a Garrett contract extension story were interesting. He basically called the reporter that wrote the story a liar. His comments at the owners meeting today were not exactly supportive of Garrett at all and he called out the reporter publicly.

I saw the comments and I agree he sounded like he was sending a message....as for the defense, Washington ain't gonna torch them.... we'll see about the rest

I still think Garrett is gone. Last time I saw that look and heard that tone from Jerry towards a Cowboys HC was when Wade was here and he was not here long after that. I do think he waits till the end of the year to can him unless they really, really tank this season.

Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12935942 10/17/18 09:51 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Jason isn't going anywhere. He is wrapped around all of the Jones' family's finger, just where they want him to be. He is a yes man, a pure prototypical "What can I do for you next" type of guy. He goes over to Charlottes sometimes for dinner without Jerruh even being there? She considers him as another son and all of the Jones' family loves him and his family. Jones are a tight knit family and they take care of their own. Business is business, sure, but family runs much deeper. Jerruh will need to either sell or die before they lead red clapper to the door. Hope not, though.....

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Okie Poke] #12936037 10/17/18 01:02 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Jason isn't going anywhere. He is wrapped around all of the Jones' family's finger, just where they want him to be. He is a yes man, a pure prototypical "What can I do for you next" type of guy. He goes over to Charlottes sometimes for dinner without Jerruh even being there? She considers him as another son and all of the Jones' family loves him and his family. Jones are a tight knit family and they take care of their own. Business is business, sure, but family runs much deeper. Jerruh will need to either sell or die before they lead red clapper to the door. Hope not, though.....

I tend to agree with Mark on this one. Business is business and there is getting to be quite a bit of unrest and apathy in the Cowboy Nation. These bad vibes could translate into some devaluation of the Cowboy product and name and Booger will guard against that.

I honestly think Booger wants another SB before he goes to that Wildcatter Great Beyond and sees that Ginger doesn't have the ability to produce that.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Mark Perry] #12936039 10/17/18 01:06 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: txmasterpo

I still think Garrett is gone. Last time I saw that look and heard that tone from Jerry towards a Cowboys HC was when Wade was here and he was not here long after that. I do think he waits till the end of the year to can him unless they really, really tank this season.

It would not bother me a bit even though I like Garrett, sometimes you just need a change, I have to agree with what Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw said, aint gonna happen, and they both agreed that this team is not that far away from competing.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12936045 10/17/18 01:12 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
I agree.... depending on what they mean by competing. For a playoff spot - yes. For super bowl roflmao

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12936235 10/17/18 03:42 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
I agree.... depending on what they mean by competing. For a playoff spot - yes. For super bowl roflmao

What came first, the chicken or the egg ? Like Parcells said, you have to get into the tournament first, then you have a chance at the big prize, not sure if that is exactly how he phrased it, lol.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12936249 10/17/18 03:52 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Before this thread dies I thought I'd drop this link here. Nothing other than other discussion board posting during the game but kinda fun reading.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/10/...ith-our-defense

Of course they only do these when the Cows play well.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12936297 10/17/18 04:33 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Heres my point about the Cows right now. They have to get a new coach, the right coach that can lead the team to a super bowl. It aint JG. They need an elite QB. Dak aint it. Great guy. I root for him as a player to be successful, but he aint it. And they basically need 2-3 new receivers or major upgrades to their receiving core. Maybe a safety. They need a lot of pieces. A lot. That doesnt happen overnight. It may take years. Could they make the playoffs, yes. Absolutely. The NFC East is terrible. Will they win a super bowl. ?? Not anytime soon.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12936331 10/17/18 05:02 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Heres my point about the Cows right now. They have to get a new coach, the right coach that can lead the team to a super bowl. It aint JG. They need an elite QB. Dak aint it. Great guy. I root for him as a player to be successful, but he aint it. And they basically need 2-3 new receivers or major upgrades to their receiving core. Maybe a safety. They need a lot of pieces. A lot. That doesnt happen overnight. It may take years. Could they make the playoffs, yes. Absolutely. The NFC East is terrible. Will they win a super bowl. ?? Not anytime soon.

blahblahblahblahblahblah...oh, hi Frank! You're right. I agree with most of that w/ exception of receivers core. There's not much difference in most WR's in the league. Yes, some run routes more accurate, and are a little faster, or are taller and can physically take the ball away from their defender and can block them out, etc, etc. They are all very good because they're professionals. Our receivers are fine. The elite QB can make or break an elite receiver. That's the biggest help we need is we need a Mahomes or Mayfield or a young Rogers. In today's league, QBs must be a triple threat to be successful. Dak cannot put the ball in tight spaces with a high enough percentage. What is really scary is if Dak goes down with injury. Then, where are we? Red clapper will figure out the process one way or another because he ain't going anywhere.

You smellin' it yet?

SOOOOOOOOOPA!!!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Frank the Tank] #12936339 10/17/18 05:08 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I am not a coach but I think if they can get an OC that realizes Dak is a poor man's version of Cam Newton then they will be a little better. Dak lacks some of the arm that Cam has but in a lot of ways their games are very similar.

Re: Cows vs. Jags ...... do the Cows right the ship? [Re: Mark Perry] #12936365 10/17/18 05:25 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
I am not a coach but I think if they can get an OC that realizes Dak is a poor man's version of Cam Newton then they will be a little better. Dak lacks some of the arm that Cam has but in a lot of ways their games are very similar.

Agree. He is like Tebow, but not as good as a runner.

I am encouraged by the Tight End play last week against a good defense.

With Dak's lack of accuracy past 20 yards, he needs a solid TE, a good slot receiver, a good running game, and O line.
When healthy, the Cowboys have a good O line, a good slot receiver, and one of the best running games.
Downfield/elite receivers would never be maximized with Dak's lack of accuracy past 20 yards.

With his skill set, the Cowboys could definitely reach the Super Bowl with good coaching.

Dak is a better QB than the following SuperBowl QBs:

Vince Ferragamo
Billy Kilmer
Trent Dilfer
Rex Grossman
David Woodley

[Linked Image]
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide