Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hazard lights #12933749 10/15/18 01:15 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
What's up with these mental midgets who drive with their flashers on? do you think we can't see the rain?

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933754 10/15/18 01:18 PM
J
Jeremyworm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
This drives me crazy. The drive to Sulphur Springs from the metroplex Saturday morning was a joke on 30 eastbound. 1 out of every 3 or 4 cars had flashers on. Half of those were doing 40 mph in the left lane on top of that

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Jeremyworm] #12933757 10/15/18 01:20 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted By: Jeremyworm
This drives me crazy. The drive to Sulphur Springs from the metroplex Saturday morning was a joke on 30 eastbound. 1 out of every 3 or 4 cars had flashers on. Half of those were doing 40 mph in the left lane on top of that

yep, they were out in force this morning. Move the hell over!!!!!!!!

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933760 10/15/18 01:22 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
the only thing worse is people that drive like idiots, its not pouring rain and visibility is 20ft. but they are up your backside like they have to get to the ^$%$ emergency room.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Hazard lights [Re: soggybottom] #12933779 10/15/18 01:39 PM
Ted Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: soggybottom
the only thing worse is people that drive like idiots, its not pouring rain and visibility is 20ft. but they are up your backside like they have to get to the ^$%$ emergency room.

That's just big bob wanting you to move over and turn off your flashers grin

I hate when visibility is really low and there's some jackwagon that doesn't have any lights on at all. I would rather see flashers than no lights at all.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933785 10/15/18 01:43 PM
T
tx_basser Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
We were heading to the lake on Friday around 4PM in that torrential rain the idiots that were still trying to do 70-75 was unreal.... wrecks all over I-30, roll overs, cars in ditch, etc. Yes, and we saw plenty of people thinking driving with their flashers on was ok.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933793 10/15/18 01:47 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
It really grinds my gears. I think its illegal to drive with your emergency flashers on, unless youre in a funeral procession. If not, it should be.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933804 10/15/18 01:52 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Headed to East Texas right when the bottom fell out Saturday afternoon. Was top 3 most stressful drives. Saw lots of hazards in bumper to bumper on I-20. They didn't bother me as bad as the tow trucks, that have a car in tow, and the extremely bright yellow flashers that blind you when it's already hard to see. Those should be outlawed...

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933820 10/15/18 02:00 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
I have 9 LED light bars on my truck facing every direction, as well as,LED lights under the truck and in the wheel wells. I even have LED truck nutz

Seems legit.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933845 10/15/18 02:22 PM
G
grandpa75672 Offline
G
During heavy rain it is common defensive driving technique to turn on the four ways if you are driving at a slower rate than the other vehicles. It is also a custom albeit a stupid one to travel in the left lane to avoid flooding in the right lane.

It also required by law to turn on your headlights while using the wipers during a storm.

Using the four ways and turning on your headlights is a visibility factor during a storm. You may be able to see other vehicles but the other vehicle may not be able to see clearly because of fogged up windows.

It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.... W.C.Fields

I know a little about a lot of things but not a whole lot about anything....CGD
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Duck_Hunter] #12933847 10/15/18 02:22 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
It really grinds my gears. I think its illegal to drive with your emergency flashers on, unless youre in a funeral procession. If not, it should be.

Nope, it's legal to drive in Texas with your emergency flashers on. TXDoT even recommends doing so in foggy areas.

Quote:
Tips for Driving in Fog

Slow down and do not drive faster than your field of vision. Use windshield wipers and defroster as necessary to maximize visibility.

Increase following distance to ensure enough reaction time and stopping distance. When you use your brakes, dont stop suddenly.

Turn on your lights, including your hazard lights. Use low beam headlights and fog lights if you have them. Do not use high beams.

https://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/news/driver-safety-tips.pdf

In some State it is against their laws except in very strict circumstances, but in Texas it's allowed.
https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/hazard-light-use/

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933853 10/15/18 02:28 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Hazard lights while driving are legal in Texas but that does not mean they are always helpful.

My own rules are when visibility is limited and when running well below the speed limits its ok. I don't normally unless its one of those frog stranglers but to each his own. At times you can't see 20 feet ahead of your car and then I always try to turn the flashers on.

I run my flashers every day probably 5 hours a day. I drive stop and go on residential streets weaving up to and away from the curb.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933868 10/15/18 02:35 PM
R
Rhino68W Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Just trying to not get rear ended. I push them out of the way

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #12933869 10/15/18 02:36 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Emit R Detsaw
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Nope, it's legal to drive in Texas with your emergency flashers on. TXDoT even recommends doing so in foggy areas.

Quote:
Tips for Driving in Fog

Slow down and do not drive faster than your field of vision. Use windshield wipers and defroster as necessary to maximize visibility.

Increase following distance to ensure enough reaction time and stopping distance. When you use your brakes, dont stop suddenly.

Turn on your lights, including your hazard lights. Use low beam headlights and fog lights if you have them. Do not use high beams.

https://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/news/driver-safety-tips.pdf

In some State it is against their laws except in very strict circumstances, but in Texas it's allowed.
https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/hazard-light-use/

Thanks. Its illegal in some other places Ive lived. I thought it was here, too.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933887 10/15/18 02:51 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I always thought in very heavy rain where even on highest speed, the wipers would barely let me see what was in front until pretty darn close close, and having to slow down to 40 or sometimes a lot slower because of it that flashers would help keep some jackwagon from running over me from behind (in the right lane)

I like to be able to stop with reasonable braking if someone is stopped in front of me and it seems like the flashers let me see them quicker than without. I assumed people behind me could see me better also.

Is it really all that bad to run the flashers in cases like this?

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Jon] #12933922 10/15/18 03:17 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Jon

I like to be able to stop with reasonable braking if someone is stopped in front of me and it seems like the flashers let me see them quicker than without. I assumed people behind me could see me better also.

Yes, its really all that bad. Remember as a kid, the little nerds (aggy?) who couldnt go roller skating unless mommy taped pillows around his little bum bum for special protection? The flasher thing makes you the road equivalent of that.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: grandpa75672] #12933933 10/15/18 03:27 PM
C
cactusrat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: grandpa75672
During heavy rain it is common defensive driving technique to turn on the four ways if you are driving at a slower rate than the other vehicles. It is also a custom albeit a stupid one to travel in the left lane to avoid flooding in the right lane.

It also required by law to turn on your headlights while using the wipers during a storm.

Using the four ways and turning on your headlights is a visibility factor during a storm. You may be able to see other vehicles but the other vehicle may not be able to see clearly because of fogged up windows.

thumb

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933943 10/15/18 03:33 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
well driving in to work this morning 50deg heavy rain fogged windows and there is always the rally car driver or the big truck with 5 rows of LED that act like they are headed to the emergency room.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Sawhorse] #12933967 10/15/18 03:50 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Sawhorse

Yes, its really all that bad. Remember as a kid, the little nerds (aggy?) who couldnt go roller skating unless mommy taped pillows around his little bum bum for special protection? The flasher thing makes you the road equivalent of that.

Got it, Thanks!
Hell I'd rather get run over by a truck than look nerdy while driving in the rain.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12933979 10/15/18 04:02 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
I dont do it but I kinda see the point in the rain. I always assumed the driver was trying to make approaching vehicles see them better. What kills me is when people do it in icy conditions. Not snowing, just slick roads. Youre basically saying, I dont know how do drive in this stuff but Im doing it anyways.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Jon] #12933987 10/15/18 04:08 PM
C
cactusrat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C

Got it, Thanks!
Hell I'd rather get run over by a truck than look nerdy while driving in the rain.

So not looking like a nerd is more important than being safe? I hope your family is not in the car with you.

Last edited by cactusrat; 10/15/18 04:13 PM.
Re: Hazard lights [Re: cactusrat] #12933989 10/15/18 04:13 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted By: cactusrat

Got it, Thanks!

So looking like a nerd is more important than being safe? I hope your family is not in the car with you.

English is hard.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: cactusrat] #12934011 10/15/18 04:25 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: cactusrat

Got it, Thanks!

So not looking like a nerd is more important than being safe? I hope your family is not in the car with you.

I think you meant not looking like a nerd..., and the answer is yes. As a youngster, when I played tennis with my older brother, he taught me a fundamental lesson. He taught me that, it doesnt matter if you hit the ball over the net such that it lands in bounds in your opponents court...what matters is how cool you look hitting the ball.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934066 10/15/18 05:18 PM
M
mstring Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
I would much rather come up on someone driving with their flashers on that the one without their lights on at all in a dark car or the ones that do have the lights on but have the smoke tinted lens that you can't see. If you want to run your flashers, go ahead.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Ghost4BH] #12934067 10/15/18 05:18 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: JayC41
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
I have 9 LED light bars on my truck facing every direction, as well as,LED lights under the truck and in the wheel wells. I even have LED truck nutz

Seems legit.

I dont know what the big deal is, I bought it from Spags.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Allison1] #12934069 10/15/18 05:21 PM
G
grandpa75672 Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Allison1
Hazard lights while driving are legal in Texas but that does not mean they are always helpful.

My own rules are when visibility is limited and when running well below the speed limits its ok. I don't normally unless its one of those frog stranglers but to each his own. At times you can't see 20 feet ahead of your car and then I always try to turn the flashers on.

I run my flashers every day probably 5 hours a day. I drive stop and go on residential streets weaving up to and away from the curb.

Sounds like mail delivery. If so thank you for your service. It is a dangerous job sitting in the passenger seat of a right hand drive vehicle, frequently stopping only partially out of the drive lane, all the while trying to sort, stop, and deliver the mail.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: grandpa75672] #12934080 10/15/18 05:28 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Sounds like mail delivery. If so thank you for your service. It is a dangerous job sitting in the passenger seat of a right hand drive vehicle, frequently stopping only partially out of the drive lane, all the while trying to sort, stop, and deliver the mail.

eek2

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934083 10/15/18 05:30 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Technically, hes sitting in the drivers seat of a right hand drive vehicle, but I dont want to split hairs.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934085 10/15/18 05:30 PM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
hmmm

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934089 10/15/18 05:33 PM
G
grandpa75672 Offline
G
Now if we could teach motorcycles to run on the low beam headlight and bicyclists to ride single file on two lane roads when vehicles are trying to pass without running over them.

I get so irritated at a group of weekend cyclists who ride three abreast on FM 2101 south of Greenville, who absolutely refuse to allow cars to pass them safely. Most cyclists are good about helping vehicles pass them. But this group SIPPs (Self Important Privileged Punks) refuses to help vehicles get past their 10mph pace in a 55 to 60 mph speed limit road.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: grandpa75672] #12934094 10/15/18 05:37 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

Now if we could teach motorcycles to run on the low beam headlight and bicyclists to ride single file on two lane roads when vehicles are trying to pass without running over them.

I get so irritated at a group of weekend cyclists who ride three abreast on FM 2101 south of Greenville, who absolutely refuse to allow cars to pass them safely. Most cyclists are good about helping vehicles pass them. But this group SIPPs (Self Important Privileged Punks) refuses to help vehicles get past their 10mph pace in a 55 to 60 mph speed limit road.

This has to be a record...fastest 180, from thank you to complaining about something.

Last edited by Sawhorse; 10/15/18 05:42 PM.
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934097 10/15/18 05:40 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW
What's up with these mental midgets who drive with their flashers on? do you think we can't see the rain?
seem like they are multiplying too. Had one behind me on 30 on Friday with wipers on high speed and barely drizzling and this was for the whole way from 635 to GBT. This morning I was behind one that must have had left foot on the brake doing close to 70. Guess he or she wanted to make sure the people behind could see the car.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Hazard lights [Re: grandpa75672] #12934103 10/15/18 05:45 PM
M
mattm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Ive been driving 25 years and I'm positive I've used my flashers less than 10 times, two times in rain andd the rest in heavy fog.

Having said that what do you guys care if someone uses their flashers? Seems like nothing to get worked up about to me. I do get the driving 40 in the left lane when not necessary though

Last edited by mattm; 10/15/18 05:46 PM.
Re: Hazard lights [Re: mattm] #12934117 10/15/18 05:57 PM
U
Urban Fisher Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted By: mattm
Having said that what do you guys care if someone uses their flashers? Seems like nothing to get worked up about to me.

You must be new here. There are many daily events for us to get worked up about. Heck, about 20 minutes ago an old lady was blocking the ice machine here at work. It took all I had in me not to walk over there and kick her in the knees. I'm going to create a new thread about it. It will be called "Old Lady Blocking Ice Machine...Should I Kick Her or Not?"

Jane says I've never been in love - no
She don't know what it is
She only knows if someone wants her
Re: Hazard lights [Re: mattm] #12934118 10/15/18 05:58 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: mattm
Ive been driving 25 years and I'm positive I've used my flashers less than 10 times, two times in rain andd the rest in heavy fog.

Having said that what do you guys care if someone uses their flashers? Seems like nothing to get worked up about to me. I do get the driving 40 in the left lane when not necessary though
I use them quite often when at the end of the line in stopped traffic on 635 north exiting to 30. I turn them off as soon a someone stops behind me. That is area is scary some times in the evening. You are dead stopped and traffic flying by at 70 and people coming on at Town East and trying to get out of the right lane.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934168 10/15/18 06:29 PM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
The flashers don't really bother me either way. What bothers me are A) the guy driving 20 when it is just barely sprinkling with no impairment to visibility or road conditions, or B) the guy still trying to drive 70 when you can only see 30 ft in front of the windshield.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Jon] #12934175 10/15/18 06:37 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
I always thought in very heavy rain where even on highest speed, the wipers would barely let me see what was in front until pretty darn close close, and having to slow down to 40 or sometimes a lot slower because of it that flashers would help keep some jackwagon from running over me from behind (in the right lane)

In really heavy rain, with poor visibility, it might make it more difficult to see the brake lights come on. I much prefer to see those brake lights so that I know to slow down too.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12934185 10/15/18 06:45 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek

In really heavy rain, with poor visibility, it might make it more difficult to see the brake lights come on. I much prefer to see those brake lights so that I know to slow down too.

EXACTLY!

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934217 10/15/18 07:12 PM
B
birddogcatfish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Pretty weak complaint

Somebody trying to be more visible in inclement weather

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12934229 10/15/18 07:24 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
First time i saw cars using flashers was in Florida many years ago during one of their famous frog stranglers. It doesn't really bother me

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Jeremyworm] #12934290 10/15/18 08:14 PM
J
john h Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

40 mph in the left lane might explain the need for flashers.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12934538 10/16/18 12:53 AM
C
Catfish_Hunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Yup. Heavy rain + night + hazards = screwed up depth perception

No fish is too good for the grease.
Re: Hazard lights [Re: john h] #12934716 10/16/18 03:28 AM
J
Jeremyworm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: john h

Not in this situation John. Once again just numb nutt drivers that are for some reason unable to speed up or slow down 5 mph and move over for those able to move faster than them. It is a very simple concept when you really think about it.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Jeremyworm] #12935159 10/16/18 04:38 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: john h

Not in this situation John. Once again just numb nutt drivers that are for some reason unable to speed up or slow down 5 mph and move over for those able to move faster than them. It is a very simple concept when you really think about it.

That bugs the hell out of me too. Regardless of raining or not, those numbskulls who feel the need to run in the left lane side by side with the vehicle in the right lane matching their speed within about 1/4 MPH just drives me nuts.
I suspect they are clueless. It is not rocket science to either speed up or slow down enough to move their inconsiderate [censored] over in the right lane and get the hell out of everyone's way.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: birddogcatfish] #12935228 10/16/18 05:31 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: birddogcatfish
Pretty weak complaint

if you can't see regular taillights on a dark rainy night then you should not be driving.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Stump jumper] #12935241 10/16/18 05:43 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Pretty weak complaint

if you can't see regular taillights on a dark rainy night then you should not be driving.

For myself, in really heavy torrential rain I have a lot more trouble seeing them in the daytime than at night.
I can see the flashers a lot sooner than the tail lights in those daytime conditions.

But the point Zeek made about rather see the brakelights instead of flashers to know they're slowing down or stopped is a pretty good argument that I hadn't thought about.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12935775 10/17/18 01:41 AM
J
j.steve Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
with flashers on, if you hit the brake, the brake lights stays on, they don't keep flashing.
My problem is people depending on lights coming on automatically. It has done away with common sense. If you have to use your wipers, the lights need to be turned on. If your dash lights are not on, neither is your tail lights. I don't know why the auto makers don't fix it to where if the wipers come on the lights(all four corners) come on.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12936166 10/17/18 02:51 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I have only thrown the flashers on when towing the boat in extremely heavy rain with little visibility. I will never understand people who put them on for diving down the highway in a normal rain LOL. Its like they are letting everyone know "hey guys its raining"

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Allison1] #12936207 10/17/18 03:17 PM
Caribou Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

How is it not helpful? It certainly never hurts. Ive never thought to turn my hazards on during rain, but I just dont see the big deal with trying to make yourself more visible when visibility is low.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Stump jumper] #12936208 10/17/18 03:18 PM
Caribou Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Pretty weak complaint

But there are tons of people who drive anyways.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12936596 10/17/18 08:19 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Bob....I know why you're being so cantankerous and particular as of late.....it's cuz your college football team SUKS!

It ain't a big deal. I just pass 'em and try to splash their lights out like a boat wake.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Okie Poke] #12936604 10/17/18 08:25 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Bob....I know why you're being so cantankerous and particular as of late.....it's cuz your college football team SUKS!

It ain't a big deal. I just pass 'em and try to splash their lights out like a boat wake.

true that. some idiots are calling for the AD to fire Gundy. I hate fair weather fans. if you facebook, check out diehard poke fans.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: j.steve] #12936679 10/17/18 09:47 PM
M
mstring Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: j.steve
with flashers on, if you hit the brake, the brake lights stays on, they don't keep flashing.
My problem is people depending on lights coming on automatically. It has done away with common sense. If you have to use your wipers, the lights need to be turned on. If your dash lights are not on, neither is your tail lights. I don't know why the auto makers don't fix it to where if the wipers come on the lights(all four corners) come on.

ON my 2016 F150 if the wipers flap 3 times, the lights come on. Even if you turn them on just for kicks on a bright sunny day.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12936942 10/18/18 01:48 AM
MARKIT Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
great discussion,
need 10 pages of this

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12937676 10/18/18 05:36 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
The ones that refuse to turn on their headlights were out in force the last 2 days. Soon people will be complaining and we will all be paying and extra couple hundred $s for vehicles with rain sensors. In Al. and I am sure many other states it is a law that if your wipers are on then your headlights have to be too. This is in a state that has no inspections and people with tinted windshields.

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12937867 10/18/18 08:31 PM
D
DedShort Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Why has this become a thing now? IT's just exploded in the last year or so. Is this a California thing? maybe all those transplants are bringing this stupid habit here.

"Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have." - Harry Emerson Fosdick

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12937871 10/18/18 08:34 PM
D
DedShort Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I think if you think you need your flashers, maybe its not safe for you to drive in it.

"Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have." - Harry Emerson Fosdick

Re: Hazard lights [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12937903 10/18/18 08:54 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
I put this in the category of doesnt bother me one way or the other. I personally dont turn on my flashers but whomever does probably owns that vehicle and chooses to turn on their flashers has that right. I guess Im just pretty laid back and try not to worry about things I cant control. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide