1. Only 2 people allowed per team and at least one team member must be 18 years or older. Individuals are allowed to fish with the same $100 entry. All boats must meet state and Coast Guard regulations. Life jackets must be worn when the boat is on plane. All tournament fisherman must have a valid fishing license and adhere to all TP&W and tournament rules.
2. Teams may launch from any boat ramp on Hubbard Creek but cannot start fishing until designated start time. Trailering is allowed but registration/check in must be conducted at official ramp. The official ramp is the Mile Long bridge boat ramp. Registration will start at 5:15 AM. Once the tournament starts entry fees are nonrefundable.
3. HUBBARD CREEK LAKE IS OFF LIMITS 9 NOVEMBER 2018 FOR ALL COMPETING TEAMS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ANY FISHING/SCOUTING. Boats may be in a slip/dock 9 November. If you launch your boat on 9 November go directly to your slip/dock (no pleasure boating).
4. All bass must be caught in a legal manner using a rod and reel. Live or prepared bait is not permitted with the exception of pork rind. Only one rod may be used at a time, each cast must be retrieved before another rod is used. Trolling with a combustible engine is not allowed. All bass (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted bass) must measure at least 14 inches. The official ruler is the Pro Rule.
5. All teams must be at the weigh in site and have their numbered chip (bobber) turned in (or fish weighed) before 3:45 PM. If a team does not turn their numbered chip in (or fish weighed) before 3:45 PM their fish will not be weighed. It is recommended for a team to “line out” early to make the 3:45 chip turn in if they feel that time is an issue.
6. 5 fish limit weigh in. There will be a 1 pound deduction for each dead fish. Dead Big Bass entries of the tournament will be docked 1 pound. All fish must be brought to scales in a weigh bag, please release fish IMMEADEATLY after fish are weighed.
7. The official start time “lines in” is 6:30 AM. Official end time “lines out” is 3:00 PM.
8. Entry Fees are $100 per team with an optional $20 Big Bass pot. 100 percent of pot entry fees will go directly to funding bicycles for kids in the Abilene area. Big bass will be 100 percent payback with 20 teams or less to the heaviest fish. 21 teams or more will pay 60/40 percent to first and second big bass. 30 teams or more will be 50/30/20 percent to the top 3 heaviest fish.
9. Interpretation of all rules is subject to the discretion of the tournament director and Big Country Military Bass Club officers. Any rules violation or bad sportsmanship is subject to disqualification by the tournament director. By signing and entering the tournament all anglers agree to all rules of the Bikes for Kids Tournament. All protest must be submitted in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes after the conclusion of the weigh in.
10. All contestants/winners are subject to a lie detector test. Failure of any individual to consent to a lie detector test or failure of a lie detector will disqualify their team from the tournament and forfeiture of winnings.
11. Liability Release: In signing this agreement I hereby release Big Country Military Bass Club, its officers and members from any and all damages, claims, demands, costs or expenses relating to injury or damage I suffer or cause whether known now or which I may sustain or which I may cause by reason of participating in or in conjunction with this or any other Big Country Military Bass Club function.
12. Covenant Not to Sue and Waiver or Subrogation: I further agree that I will never sue Big Country Military Bass Club, for damages on account of any injury or damage I suffer or cause whether known now or which may develop in the future in connection with this or any other Big Country Bass Club activity or function. In the event Big Country Military Bass Club, is sued because of my actions, I expressly agree to indemnify and hold Big Country Military Bass Club, harmless of any liability whatsoever, including court cost and attorney fees, arising with respect to such actions. I understand in waiving my rights to sue Big Country Military Bass Club, I am also waiving the rights of recover from Big Country Military Bass Club, of my insurance carrier for any claims they may pay on my behalf. I further understand that by signing this agreement, I waive any rights my heirs or relatives have or may have to sue Big Country Military Bass Club, for liability.
13. CANCELATIONS: The tournament director has the authority to delay or cancel the tournament. If the tournament is cancelled on Saturday, the tournament will be held the following day 11 November. If the tournament is cancelled for both days, the tournament will not be held and 100% of the sponsorship money will be used to buy bikes for The Salvation Army.
(Team Clause) One angler may sign and consent to the rules for the team. The signature of either angler on the team will apply for both anglers that are participating in the Bikes for Kids tournament binding both anglers to rules 1 through 13 of the Bikes for Kids Official Rules.
If you have any questions regarding Bikes for Kids Official Rules, please contact Cephus Minter (Tournament Director) 325-603-8188 or Mike Martin (President) 302-228-1155.
Edited by cephusjoe (10/11/18 10:57 AM)
Mcurtain county okie