Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Used2fish] #12922558 10/04/18 04:14 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: Used2fish
Bass is gonna have to tighten their belt to win the long game. I would think zona and ole "gggg giant bass" will be gone. If nothing else never hearing that again will be okay with me.

BASS would be wise to get Mercer out the door ASAP..... HE IS TURRIBLE! Please just shut up dude and announce. The GGGGGG giant bass it terrible. What a BBBBBBBB beating.

Jesus loves all of us
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922563 10/04/18 04:16 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
I feel terrible for the 6 or 7 guys that declined invites and the others that were left behind, they are about to get caught out, something is definitely afoot at BASS frown

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: SC-001] #12922586 10/04/18 04:38 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Legend LE-195
I feel terrible for the 6 or 7 guys that declined invites and the others that were left behind, they are about to get caught out, something is definitely afoot at BASS frown

You've made several posts as if you know someone within the BASS organization. Is this the case or is it just speculation?

I think the most obvious thing to come out of this would be a merger of BASS and FLW. BASS was pillaged for the most part while FLW lost substantially less and kept several big names as well. It would make all the sense in the world for them to join forces. That would probably be the best for the anglers in the long run anyways. BASS is going to have a nightmare trying to market a field where most followers won't know 80% of the guys fishing.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922644 10/04/18 05:15 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Just speculation after reading Balogs article, but there are lots of people on here with connections inside that organization. Its always been said a merger will never happen because of egos on both sides, we will see if that changes now that they're in a hard spot but I bet not. Comes down to whether Chase Anderson want to hold 'em or fold 'em.

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: SC-001] #12922689 10/04/18 05:46 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Legend LE-195
Just speculation after reading Balogs article, but there are lots of people on here with connections inside that organization. Its always been said a merger will never happen because of egos on both sides, we will see if that changes now that they're in a hard spot but I bet not. Comes down to whether Chase Anderson want to hold 'em or fold 'em.

Which article?

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922706 10/04/18 05:54 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Bassfan.com

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922729 10/04/18 06:08 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Thanks Chance. Yep that article seems to make it pretty clear that something appears to be going on behind the scenes. Had never looked at it the way he did.

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Chris G] #12922821 10/04/18 07:27 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Thanks Chance. Yep that article seems to make it pretty clear that something appears to be going on behind the scenes. Had never looked at it the way he did.

It breaks down to a few things for most of the anglers.

1. A very large contingent were disgruntled and simply needed another option and they were ready to bolt.
2. BASS' reactions and responses to the MLF coup were borderline embarrassing and quite frankly rattled those who seriously considered remaining because they had zero faith in the current leadership. This is evident by the fact that many chose to walk away from what can only be described as very lucrative bribes.
3. 99% of these guys are competitors and as such don't shy away from competition and want to beat the best not a handful of guys that are left.

It's been very interesting to watch and pretty unbelievable that the number one property in this sport could be so quickly dismantled.

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: boyd1002] #12922831 10/04/18 07:36 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: boyd1002
Originally Posted By: TxBazzn
Originally Posted By: Ltcm09
Anyone seen anything posted from zona about all the top guys leaving bass? I can only imagine Zona is feeling tons of emotion and kinda wonder what to do.

I have yet to hear anything from him.

Plus kinda funny how they invite Zaldain to zona live after everyone left. I would have told bass to stick it up there #%^

Im ready for change in the sport

Zona's not a competitor on tour so there likely isn't a decision for him to make. His contract is with JM Associates as a BASS host and JM also films and maybe even produces his tv show.

Out of curiosity, what are you ready to change?

Its still a best 5 fish limit, 4-day tournament, with the same fields, that airs online and on television. Some guys will make more money but some guys will still go unpaid at events they don't make cut. All-in-all I can't imagine it's going to feel much different to us. New host, new production, new TD, but everything else will still be a fishing tournament. Unless you don't like the normal weigh ins, that is something that is definitely changing.

5 fish limit on the BPT?? is that confirmed?

Probably not by MLF BPT officials but I'll see if I can find the articles I gathered browsing the web. The actual tournaments of BPT are going by the same format as the Toyota Texas event. Weigh them in the boat and bring the biggest to weigh in. It will still be the best 5 though. And the break down of the pay shows there is 2 cuts which would require 4 days.

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922844 10/04/18 07:50 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
No 5 fish, MLF has made that clear.

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922854 10/04/18 07:56 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: TxBazzn

Probably not by MLF BPT officials but I'll see if I can find the articles I gathered browsing the web. The actual tournaments of BPT are going by the same format as the Toyota Texas event. Weigh them in the boat and bring the biggest to weigh in. It will still be the best 5 though. And the break down of the pay shows there is 2 cuts which would require 4 days.

Where are you getting that? The BPT events will be 6 day events, they break the anglers up into brackets and compete on different days, NCAA tourney style. And every fish counts, not best 5 like TTBC.

Quote:
Plans have been finalized for a long-rumored new tournament circuit that may involve many of professional bass fishing's top stars and has the potential to significantly change the landscape of the sport, BassFan has learned.

The Bass Pro Tour, a venture that involves the group of angler/investors who own Major League Fishing and Stan Kroenke's outdoor media empire that includes Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, MLF production company Winnercomm, BassFan and many other entities, is set to launch an eight-tournament circuit in early 2019, followed by a championship event later in the year.

Bass Pro Shops has agreed to a multi-year deal to serve as the title sponsor of the series.

Seven years ago, Gary Klein and I settled on a mission to expand the sport of professional bass fishing through competitive tournaments with an all new and exciting made-for-television format, said MLF co-founder Boyd Duckett. After assembling 13 more of the sports top-level professionals, the PBT partnership was formed. We always believed if we elevated the visibility of our sport everyone in our industry would be a beneficiary.

The preparation leading to this moment has been slow, methodical and well thought-out to ensure the outcome would be positive for everyone connected to the sport. As a result, we have a fully developed plan ready to go. Everyone in the fishing industry should appreciate the new path that Outdoor Sportsman Group and Mr. (Johnny) Morris have helped pave for the sports future because of their own personal beliefs toward conservation and the responsible use of our fish and water resources.

The 2019 BPT field will be capped at 80 competitors and the first round of invitations went out to anglers last weekend. Meetings with the invited anglers have been set up for later this week at various locations where more information about the new circuit will be revealed, including tournament structure, format and payouts. It was not immediately known what criteria was used to select the 80 anglers nor how much time invitees will have to decide whether to accept the invitation. It is believed invitations will be extended to additional anglers should any of the initial 80 opt out.

The new circuit will serve as a feeder system for the MLF Cup events, which will now occur four times a year, rather than twice a year. Based on performance during the BPT, anglers will qualify for Cup events, with lesser-performing anglers being relegated out of the Cup field, regardless of their investor status. The MLF Selects, which was a supporting series for the Cup events, has been shuttered.

From its event format to payouts, which are expected to exceed the current tournament purses of the other top circuits, the BPT could represent a sea change for the top level of tournament bass fishing where B.A.S.S. and FLW have been the pace-setters for decades.

The format and look of BPT event will differ radically from what BassFans are used to seeing at traditional tournaments. The new circuit will not employ a land-based weigh-in. Instead, the emphasis will shift away from the heaviest five-bass limit an angler can catch during a given day to the cumulative weight of all legal-sized bass caught, a hallmark of MLF competition.

The BPT will allow for the expansion of MLFs model, which has grown in popularity since its inception in 2011 with a conservation-minded catch-weigh-release format, timed competition periods and penalties for fish-handling miscues, coupled with a live leaderboard and tight restrictions on information about venues. It wasnt immediately known if the BPT events will operate with timed periods and fish-handling penalties. The main difference between the BPT and previous MLF events is BassFans will be able to follow the PBT competition in real time rather than waiting months for the televised version to air.

MLF has delivered on its promised vision every step of the way since Day One, Outdoor Sportsman Group Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Matt Hutchings said in a release. MLF has made fishing an even more popular spectator sport through televised events on Outdoor Channel and other networks, as well as Outdoor Sportsman Groups diverse media platforms in publishing and online. The MLF model is a proven success and we are excited to continue the journey with all of our partners towards future prosperity.

MLF episodes are consistently among the highest-rated shows on Outdoor Channel and World Fishing Network and in recent years, MLF has expanded its reach through broadcast partnerships with CBS, CBS Sports Network and Discovery Channel. It is believed those partnerships will expand with the additional hours of programming and content to be generated by the BPT.

Morris said Bass Pro Shops support of the BPT will not impact its sponsorship interests related to B.A.S.S. or FLW. Bass Pro Shops currently serves as the presenting sponsor of the Bassmaster Opens and the Bassmaster College Tour as well as FLWs high school fishing series.

Were especially proud to be supporting anglers themselves, who make up an important part of MLFs ownership team, he said. Our support for this expansion does not diminish our enthusiasm or support for other popular tournament series including B.A.S.S., FLW and hundreds of grassroots events across the country.

Read more: http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/9359...g#ixzz5SzeubiR7

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922948 10/04/18 09:46 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Legend- that is definitely not what I had read. I'll dig when I get to the house but I'm questioning myself now.

Re: Mark Zonas opinion on MLF [Re: Ltcm09] #12922994 10/04/18 10:53 PM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
BASS new this was coming. MLF offered them a chance and talked to BASS about possible merging or working together. BASS said no to them just like they did to the PAA. So why would they want to emerge with FLW. Bass has chosen the road they want to travel. The Anglers have chosen their road. It's going to be an interesting year. What I'm anxious to see is what BASS offers the pros in 2020. The 2019 offer is great. Will they continue to offer the $20,000 bonus to anglers. I would imagine the Anglers that chose the BTL are angry as hell at BASS.They've been there for years and have been fishing mostly for their own money. And all of a sudden BASS does what they did. That's a slap in the face.

Rangerkev
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide