D
DBFishing83 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
... go with Anglers Inn. Or Ron Speeds
And why

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12896757 09/12/18 03:16 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I do not have anything to put a thumbs down on El Salto. It is a great Fishery and Anglers Inn is an excellent choice. I would like to share my experiences with you; if you will send me a PM. There is another option to fish twice as many days for half of the expense. Most have a problem getting off work for 10 days to make my trips.
Thanks,
Donald

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12896776 09/12/18 03:33 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Donald,,,,
While I appreciate the response, this is not about a new trip or a longer trip
I have been to El Salto, I like El Salto, there are things that make the trip to El Salto much better for me than a drive in trip to another lake.
I am trying to get opinions on the 2 camps at El Salto and what folks that have been to either or both have to say about them. I read their web sites and advertisements, but there is nothing better than personnel recommendations or stories
Thanks Again for the post

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12896813 09/12/18 03:56 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I've been to picachos,el salto and comedero with ron speed....could not ask for better experience at any one of the three places....good food,nice lodging,helpful and polite staff that do their best to insure you have a good time....my buddy and I caught over 600 bass including 57 bass over 6lbs,29 over 7lbs,6 over 8lbs and 5 over 9lbs at comerdero in april this year...
(I do not work for nor receive any type discounts from ron speed)...

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12897023 09/12/18 07:01 PM
M
montgomery Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I would have to say Anglers inn my self after numerous trips since 2002 no complaints. Just got back in from there in June and going back down for Christmas. The service and the food are top notch and the guides we use are good. Also when I take my wife she does not fish in the morning and they take care of everything for her while I am out. Also when she fishes the in the afternoon the guides make sure she taken care off also.

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: montgomery] #12897226 09/12/18 09:48 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Montgomery
I would have to say Anglers inn my self after numerous trips since 2002 no complaints. Just got back in from there in June and going back down for Christmas. The service and the food are top notch and the guides we use are good. Also when I take my wife she does not fish in the morning and they take care of everything for her while I am out. Also when she fishes the in the afternoon the guides make sure she taken care off also.

*** this is exactly what I am planning THIS TIME.
I just want to find out from someone what the Ron Speed group is REALLY like.
advertising is one thing, actual service is another
I know what I got at AI --- I know they will take of my wife in the mornings, breakfast, coffee, Spa treatments, massage etc etc
what will RS do ?

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12897307 09/12/18 11:16 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Your wife may not want to go home. dance2

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12897326 09/12/18 11:41 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
,,,,Donald,,,, you are right.
I didn't want to come home from there and I did not get a SPA TREATMENT,,,,just GREAT FISHING

woot

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12897808 09/13/18 01:56 PM
C
CQB Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Ive been to Salto 10 times, Piscachos twice, and Bacarrac once. Ill be making my 11th trip to Salto next Feb. I have stayed with Speed and at Anglers (Chapman) Both run a good camp and have good guides ( at least at Salto). Having said this I pefer Anglers Inn. Reasons are: no overnight stay in Mazatlan on return trip, transportation fee is included in payment to Anglers, and I believe that Anglers service is just a bit better and I also think the food may be a bit better. Having said this, both outfits are good!

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12904010 09/19/18 03:38 AM
D
DBFishing83 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
anyone ever stay at the El Salto Lodge ???

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12904130 09/19/18 12:32 PM
P
Panhandle Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: flukeman83
anyone ever stay at the El Salto Lodge ???

I have. And I loved it!

Special Delivery Adoption Agency

"Lord let me be the person my dog thinks I am."
Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: CQB] #12904248 09/19/18 01:52 PM
OzzieFish Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: CQB
Ive been to Salto 10 times, Piscachos twice, and Bacarrac once. Ill be making my 11th trip to Salto next Feb. I have stayed with Speed and at Anglers (Chapman) Both run a good camp and have good guides ( at least at Salto). Having said this I pefer Anglers Inn. Reasons are: no overnight stay in Mazatlan on return trip, transportation fee is included in payment to Anglers, and I believe that Anglers service is just a bit better and I also think the food may be a bit better. Having said this, both outfits are good!

THIS +1 I've been about 8 times...

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12904281 09/19/18 02:15 PM
C
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
We were at Anglers Inn in May... I have never been to ANY resort anywhere in the world that had the service of Anglers Inn. My honeymoon at a WELL KNOWN resort in the Dominican suuucked compared to how we were treated at Anglers Inn by the workers.

That said, I have not personally been with speeds. The reason I haven't is because I have a VERY close friend who I trust who went 1 year with him. He swore never to go again with Speeds. He tried to contact Speeds about the issues and never even got a response...

That was years ago, things might have changed... I'm just giving you the info I have.

You WONT be disappointed in Anglers, and Salto in Feb should be on fire

Last edited by catslayer; 09/19/18 02:16 PM.

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12904418 09/19/18 04:16 PM
F
forkduc Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
I have been to El Salto and Picachos with Ron Speed and have zero complaints. Going to Comodero with him in February. Food,lodging,drinks equipment and guides have been very good.

Re: El Salto in Feb [Re: DBFishing83] #12904554 09/19/18 05:59 PM
R
RSpeedJr Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Hi folks! I am one of the two Mexico Bass Fishing operators mentioned in this thread...Ron Speed, Jr.

I am breaking my own rule of responding to posts involving my company/name...not just on this site but any social media site. I have always believed that a person such as myself, in the business of the topic at hand, has very little chance to sway public opinion on a social forum and my time would be better spent focusing on the things I do daily...and those things are coming up with ideas and ways to improve my business and also coming up with more promotional ideas. The reason I believe I stand very little chance of swaying public opinion on a public forum is that I believe each operator/outfitter mentioned on these sites has their own loyal customers that are happy with their chosen operator/outfitter and will not change...nor should they as long as they are happy with said operator/outffiter's services. However, today, I decided to make an exception with this one thread and give you good folks MY opinion on THIS subject.

Simply put, the two Mexico bass operators in the topic of discussion on this thread, have been doing this longer than anyone else in Mexico. My father and the other operator's father were two of the pioneers that started all of this fly in lodges on Mexican bass lakes approximately 50 years ago. My father and the other operator's father had some serious battles through the years but BOTH offered excellent fishing and services. Now it's the two sons that are on top (in my humble opinion) and BOTH (in my humble opinion) offer excellent fishing and services. Let's be real...two companies/operators, that have been as successful in this business and done it for over 3 decades with success, must be doing things right more times than not...that's just the basic truth and common sense tells us this to be FACT. Now do "we" hit some foul balls from time to time with service? Or do sometimes the fishing doesn't meet expectations? Absolutely! That said, if my operation hits a foul ball, I have always tried to make it right with the customer...and I am sure the other operator does the same. Thankfully there are more home runs than foul balls with BOTH operations.

I do not want to alienate others that are in this business and give the perception that the two operators mentioned in this thread are the only good choices. No, that's not true at all. There are some very, very good people operating in Mexico for bass fishing. They may not have been business as long as I have or the other operator mentioned in this thread but make no mistake about it, there are some that know what they're doing and offer excellent fishing and service. I am not a negative guy and have NEVER spoken negatively about my competition. I do not have any ongoing "competition wars" nor am I aware of having any enemies in this business. I focus on my business, my operations and try to improve...never becoming complacent. When approached and asked by my competition for help or to unite in an attempt to do something good for these lakes (such as manage and keep the commercial fishing/killing of the bass to a minimum), I am always willing to do my part.

I said I am not a negative person and I'm not...so don't take the following as a negative. I will simply tell you that no matter where you are looking to go fishing/hunting in this world and you're not certain on what operation to choose (?), then I would recommend researching the following...1) How long has the operator been in business? Don't stop there though because like I said, there are some very good operators in business but haven't been doing it as long as others in the same business. 2) What precautions does the operator take in terms of safety for his/her customers? We all know that "incidents" and accidents can and do happen...anywhere in the world. Even to those who go the extra mile to ensure customers' safety. It happens or can happen when you leave your house and drive down the road in your car. But ask your prospective operator what he/she does to ensure safety. 3) All the usual questions that most ask but do not ask my #1 and #2...and the usual questions are what type of boats, the menu or food served, facilities, experience of the guides, bilingual managers so there is someone to communicate with at all times while at the lodge, etc, etc. I would also add that you should ask about payment and cancellation policies. Our deposits, like in most fishing/hunting operations around the world, are non-refundable. However, I never let someone lose their money they've paid in should something come up and customer has to cancel. I simply issue a credit so that the customer can use later on when he/she is able to go.

Sorry for the long manuscript. Just wanted to offer some helpful advice to those who are reading and considering a trip and operator. I will say that the other operator mentioned in this thread offers outstanding trips and services. Just as I believe my company offers outstanding trips and services. Yes, we are competitors but we both must be doing a lot of things RIGHT to not only have survived this long in this very competitive business but also to have been as successful at it as well.

Good luck with your future fishing expeditions...to wherever and with whomever you choose!

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength - Mark 12:30
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide