Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Captain Chunk] #12867131 08/17/18 10:06 AM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
And herein lies the problem....the local businesses, Chambers of Commerce, and Sabine River Authority have never invested in a suitable site for such a large venue. It's why the original Texasfest left Fork. If it rains, its nothing but a muddy mess.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Rog] #12867158 08/17/18 11:26 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Rog
Will be a mad dash to the points since that should be the heart of the shad spawn. The last one was at the tail end of the shad spawn and all those fish were on the banks the week before and had just moved out deep for the most part. Just need clear water versus the cholate milk its been last two years and will see giant weights on top waters and shallow swim baits.

I remember at that last one everyone on here and the lake was complaining about how brutal the lake was fishing or how something might be wrong with the lake. Then they came and showed out on swimbaits and suddenly everyone had been on that swimbait bite "before" they got here....lol

There was a 10-14 day time frame after they left that had a lights out frog bite. Everyone was out deep throwing swimbaits a MB d a few of us stayed up shallow and caught a ton including some really big fish on frogs all day long.

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Captain Chunk] #12867169 08/17/18 11:38 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I think it will be a good thing for the Fork area. The lake can still put out some big sacks. I also think if they hit the shad spawn WOW it would be a total guess as to what the weights would be, there could be unbelievable weights that time of year. I hope y'all have a great time with this and they have great weights. I guess if all the negative people are right and the lake is dead then it sure won't hurt to have more fishermen on a dead lake any way. LOL HA LOL

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Captain Chunk] #12867281 08/17/18 01:42 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
I actually feel like the lake is fishing better for really big fish, 9lbs or better than when Combs fished the last TEX Fest. Jmo.. and I live on the lake. grin

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Captain Chunk] #12867314 08/17/18 02:09 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Combs has a post spawn video out there somewhere on the internet, it was on Fork, he talks about the big schools of big fish during that time, I believe it might be produced by Strike King and/or he produced it for Strike King (Strike King Projournal Series?) Anyways, I'm willing to bet they'd rather have that condition over the spawn because of how quickly they can limit out vs sight fishing. I'll go ahead and predict that the deep diving crank-bait produces the most weight for the tournament, I believe it always has for that particular tournament on that lake.

Last edited by InTheClear; 08/17/18 03:55 PM.
Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: SC-001] #12867319 08/17/18 02:10 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Too bad all the big names will be fishing the Johnny Morris MLF Mega Tour next year roflmao

popcorn2

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Captain Chunk] #12867366 08/17/18 02:37 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Every year this was at Fork it was a huge event. I think it will be a loaded field of anglers, plus it is great for the local businesses and community. Im looking forward to it.

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Gamblinman] #12867426 08/17/18 03:23 PM
C
Captain Chunk Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
And herein lies the problem....the local businesses, Chambers of Commerce, and Sabine River Authority have never invested in a suitable site for such a large venue. It's why the original Texasfest left Fork. If it rains, its nothing but a muddy mess.

While I dont disagree with you, if I remember correctly, the 2015 even was marred by the wettest May on record.

*Looked it up. 17 inches of rain that month.

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Mark Perry] #12867506 08/17/18 04:31 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Will be a mad dash to the points since that should be the heart of the shad spawn. The last one was at the tail end of the shad spawn and all those fish were on the banks the week before and had just moved out deep for the most part. Just need clear water versus the cholate milk its been last two years and will see giant weights on top waters and shallow swim baits.

I remember at that last one everyone on here and the lake was complaining about how brutal the lake was fishing or how something might be wrong with the lake. Then they came and showed out on swimbaits and suddenly everyone had been on that swimbait bite "before" they got here....lol

There was a 10-14 day time frame after they left that had a lights out frog bite. Everyone was out deep throwing swimbaits a MB d a few of us stayed up shallow and caught a ton including some really big fish on frogs all day long.

That frog bite was going on before and during the tournament also. It was one of the best frog bites I've ever seen on any lake.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: ChanceHuiet] #12867512 08/17/18 04:34 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet

That frog bite was going on before and during the tournament also. It was one of the best frog bites I've ever seen on any lake.

I was a camera boat the last day so I did not get there till the night before. I stayed about 10 days after the event. I never put the frog down. My best stretch of fishing ever. It was crazty.

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Mark Perry] #12867514 08/17/18 04:36 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

I remember that. Not the frog bite part but everybody was dogging the lake about how bad it was and those guys hammered them

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Sinkey] #12867516 08/17/18 04:37 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Every year this was at Fork it was a huge event. I think it will be a loaded field of anglers, plus it is great for the local businesses and community. Im looking forward to it.

It will be all of the elites, same as last few years

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: the skipper] #12867522 08/17/18 04:40 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: the skipper
Originally Posted By: Sinkey

It will be all of the elites, same as last few years

Go read the qualification process for this event. It kinda reads like there may be sponsor exemptions etc.

Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Mark Jones] #12867610 08/17/18 05:58 PM
KingOutdoorsCo Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Too bad all the big names will be fishing the Johnny Morris MLF Mega Tour next year roflmao

popcorn2

banana cheers

Brant King
King Outdoors
903-975-4909
brant@kingoutdoors.co
wwww.kingoutdoors.co
Re: TexasFest headed back to Fork [Re: Mark Perry] #12867840 08/17/18 09:41 PM
R
Rog Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R

Yep I recal......the week before the last one I had a Saturday morning that I have never had before biggest 5 over 40 and caught close to 30 before 9. Two out of state boats sat behind watching even though invited to the fun and showed them he top water. They had no spook type baits and went to next point to try. Sometimes not everyone posts videos and pics and cant believe everything you read on here. Was out the next Saturday and watched the pros crush them out on the end of the same point and didnt have a sniff up shallow. smile.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide