texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,901
Posts13,955,031
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Joe pool lake [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12863604 08/14/18 02:47 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Bass5x3
Simply said I appreciate your advice and like I previously stated been catching a lot of fish just not the right ones I put in the time and was looking for more advice on the lake no need to be a dick.

Not trying be one....... giving advice that will last a lifetime and apply to everything in life. Earn your way. Simple.

Ok.....I was on the water when I responded earlier.

Now for a little explanation on my knee jerk post.

Joe Pool is an easy lake to catch slots and dinks. Everyone knows that. But, to catch the 13-7/8 1.5lb bass and the occasional 8-9 pounder requires a lot more than knowledge of whereabouts of "humps" and points. Joe Pool is a pattern within a pattern and a spot within a spot kinda lake. I could easily tell you to fish the rocks running out from the dam and throw a c rig. I could even tell you to use a watermelon/red lizard and it wouldn't make a darn in your outcome. I promise. You could set there on the same spot and watch another boater wear you out over and over.....because they have the right length leader, right size lizard, better angle on the spot, etc. That lake is funny that way. They always say 90% of the fish are in 10% of the lake. It always true on JP. But...90% of the fish are relating to rocks! Ha. And not always the kind placed there by dam builders.

I also had the knee jerk reaction, because your sole reason to register with the TFF was to ask for help to cash a check at the Victory Wednesday nighters. Trust me when I tell you this. Nobody on this forum, that catches the "magic fish" on JP is ever gonna tell you exactly what to do. Joe Pool tourney guys would sell there mommas and wives to unlock that lake. And the ones that have a good grip on the lake earned it. With TOW. I know I have. I have fished that lake for years.....and had a rough learning curve for the first few of them. I do help people on that lake....way more than most folks on this forum ever do. I probably would have helped you too, if you didn't come onto the forum announcing your intent so eagerly.

Anyways. Sorry if you thought I was a jerk. I really ain't one. Having said that, judging by the number of views of this topic and the lack of help your getting, I'm not the only one that was rubbed the wrong way by your desire to kick butt and take money. And lack of effort to learn the lake to do so.

Sorry. And good luck with Pool.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Joe pool lake [Re: Bass5x3] #12863625 08/14/18 03:10 AM
S
Slade Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Let me tell you this, I fish JP on a regular basis, just about once a week on a bad week. Ive been lucky enough to catch a lot of fish over 8#s and 2 DDs in the last few years, and I fish deeper water 90% of the time. All that being said it is kicking my butt this year, I have been skunked more times this year than I would ever expect. I thought I had the lake figured out but not at all. There are some toads out there but it is not an easy lake to learn.

Last edited by Slade; 08/14/18 03:11 AM.

PB 10.58 Joe Pool

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide