12101397 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12852687 - 08/03/18 05:31 PM Pk Friday am
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: springtown,tx.
Did a scouting trip with fellow guide loco pescado guide service (Thomas Powell) today. Daybreak found us looking for some topwater action. We landed a couple of dink lmb and a couple of sandbass. Scratched that and put the trolling rigs out. We managed 20 stripers up to 8 lbs. while thumping and trolling. Better than yesterdayís trip I had with only 12 stripers up to 7 lbs. and 6 sandbass. If any of yíall want to book a trip to pk or Texoma give me a call. Yes tck73, maybe some pics later. Lol
www.bobosguideservice.com
www.bobosthumper.com
www.nekidtackle.com Home of the RonRig!

#12852939 - 08/03/18 09:03 PM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
TCK73 Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Jack County
Originally Posted By: jbobo
Yes tck73, maybe some pics later. Lol

roflmao

I just got back from making a bait run and the Grayline is circulating. It was quite expensive, I tore the living chit out of my best net bang It was the only one I had in the boat, so luckily I had kept a few of the smaller shad I normally wouldn't keep. Tomorrow will probably be my last trip for a while, Football is cranking up, and we will be getting busy making the Sports functions with my kid. As much as I will miss fishing, I am ready to hear some helmets clashing together. Hopefully I will find some time to sneak a trip in here and there, I may even have to join the dark side on a short notice trip here and there, in full drag of course grin

#12853002 - 08/03/18 09:30 PM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler

Maybe we can coordinate that drag trip with Kerryís next trip and maybe get a couple of others to help us parade around while he is parked on fish that wonít bite. roflmao
www.bobosthumper.com

#12853264 - 08/04/18 08:37 AM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
gborg Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: WEATHERFORD
Kerry will certainly appreciate that !! Y'all prolly should head into Cedar and drag the road beds.

#12853293 - 08/04/18 09:25 AM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: aledo, tx
Not sure how I got ďdrugĒ into a ďdrag gueenĒ debate.
Guess im gonna have to teach Bobo how to fish, so he doesnít have to drag stuff around all day. roflmao
817-727-1533

#12853328 - 08/04/18 10:29 AM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: Kerry Dugan]
PKfishin Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Texas
Kerry: Dragging lures in PK is probably boring and expensive but I bet it saves Jobo a lot of work. He doesn't have to catch bait, bait hooks for clients or worry about getting that 87 deg water in the lake cool enough to keep bait alive. I just wonder if the cost of dragging a $40 captain mack rig in PK is worth it.

I think it's just a lot easier for me to just fish live bait, but I don't fish with paying clients.

#12853352 - 08/04/18 11:01 AM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity

PKfishin,

Have you seen Bobo throw a net in a dress? roflmao
817-727-1533

#12853374 - 08/04/18 11:29 AM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: Kerry Dugan]
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: Kerry Dugan
PKfishin,

Have you seen Bobo throw a net in a dress? roflmao

Bwahahaha!

I can barely throw one while wearing shorts. Will probably have to tie the wig up in a ponytail too. Lol
www.bobosthumper.com

#12853391 - 08/04/18 11:45 AM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: PKfishin]
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
Kerry: Dragging lures in PK is probably boring and expensive but I bet it saves Jobo a lot of work. He doesn't have to catch bait, bait hooks for clients or worry about getting that 87 deg water in the lake cool enough to keep bait alive. I just wonder if the cost of dragging a $40 captain mack rig in PK is worth it.

I think it's just a lot easier for me to just fish live bait, but I don't fish with paying clients.

With clients at pk you need at least 50 baits. The time I save by sleeping in those 2 or 3 hrs Kerry is throwing that darn net is worth it gambling that my rigs wonít be decorating a Cedar tree. I sacrificed 3 rigs to Pk Cedar trees in 2 yrs and kinda know where and how deep they are running so it isnít much of a gamble now. If I had a dock with lights and bait hanging around at all hours I would be using bait more now. I can have limits by 9:30 most mornings and go home before it gets hot. Not one client has said they were bored yet. Iíve had a few minutes here and there when looking for fish but most times itís actually pretty hectic and gets to be like a Chinese fire drill at times. If someone can show me the numbers of good fish they caught on bait or artificials the same mornings Iím dragging rigs I might think about trying it more often. Dragging rigs is temporary for me till the weather cools some. Then itís back to jigs spoons swimbaits etc. Fishing is fishing. Catching is more fun.

Edited by jbobo (08/04/18 11:50 AM)
www.bobosthumper.com

#12853398 - 08/04/18 11:55 AM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity

With clients at pk you need at least 50 baits. The time I save by sleeping in those 2 or 3 hrs Kerry is throwing that darn net is worth it gambling that my rigs wonít be decorating a Cedar tree. I sacrificed 3 rigs to Pk Cedar trees in 2 yrs and kinda know where and how deep they are running so it isnít much of a gamble now. If I had a dock with lights and bait hanging around at all hours I would be using bait more now. I can have limits by 9:30 most mornings and go home before it gets hot. Not one client has said they were bored yet. Iíve had a few minutes here and there when looking for fish but most times itís actually pretty hectic and gets to be like a Chinese fire drill at times. If someone can show me the numbers of good fish they caught on bait or artificials the same mornings Iím dragging rigs I might think about trying it more often. Dragging rigs is temporary for me till the weather cools some. Then itís back to jigs spoons swimbaits etc. Fishing is fishing. Catching is more fun.

Thought you knew me better than that.....I get bait the day before. Lol
817-727-1533

#12853403 - 08/04/18 12:00 PM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: Kerry Dugan]
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler

While Iím in bed with mama. Lol

Seriously though I prefer fishing with bait when itís not hard to find and catch. Maybe Iím getting lazy. Lol

Edited by jbobo (08/04/18 12:03 PM)
www.bobosthumper.com

#12853408 - 08/04/18 12:05 PM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity

While Iím in bed with mama. Lol

With a nighty and a wig?
817-727-1533

#12853420 - 08/04/18 12:37 PM Re: Pk Friday am [Re: jbobo]
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler

Now you have that pic in your head and it will be with you always. roflmao
www.bobosthumper.com