Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
6.7 Powerstroke Egr tube and delete hints for you #12847237 07/30/18 08:24 PM
TITANIUM-BACK Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I been working on diesels for over 20 yrs.now. Retired from Cat & Cummins combined field service. So wanted to write a
help full write up about 6.7 Powerstroke Egr delete and tube problems.

After doing these and replacing egr coolers I change things around..lets get started.
So on the egr tube bolts I use a combined pent. oil Sea Foam Deep Creep, W.D. Rust Pent.blue torch, PB Blaster Pent Oil. Soak for a week if possible or at least 24 hrs before touching bolts and find it helps on not breaking them off in the dreaded cast iron. After letting them soak for 24 hrs, go ahead and do the dpf exhaust removal & install and def tank removal while soaking them more, spray every 1 hr while doing the other work. When done with other stuff go ahead and get egr cooler ready to remove, move everything out of the way first, hoses, wires,etc. but only take long tube bolts out of egr cooler. When the egr cooler is ready to remove & everything out of way except long tube you will have enough room to get a 1/4" drive 8mm socket on front long tube bolt with no extension. After removing the bolt on the front egr long tube you can push the tube over towards the engine piviting on the 1 bolt left in egr long tube and will give you enough room to remove egr cooler and plenty of room to get a 1/4" 8mm socket on the bolt with no extensions. Remove last bolt and remove long tube with egr cooler out of the way.

Build you own delete kits, there cheaper and you get what you want, exhaust, tuner, plates...etc

Buy new gaskets and o-ring there is a updated better ones from ford do not reuse old ones

use only ford coolant

EGR Delete kits, Sinister Diesel is good for early 6.7 powerstrokes , no limit is good for later models or all yrs. I have had to many issues with Flo-Pro egr delete kits, wrong size plates for 14 & up, missing harware..etc. Flo-Pro is aware of this issue but does not care

Flo-Pro exhaust is good for a weekend or diy person who does not have shop tools like me because there exhaust is all pre bent, pre cut, easy insrtuctions. Nice sound and not to loud with muffler so no loud headache after 1hr in the truck sound. I run the flo-pro on the hot shot road trucks and the drivers love them.

remove the passenger side inner fender well for easier way to the bottom heater hose connection, change the hose after egr cooler is out, and the cold side coolant drain when draining coolant is easier to get to.

remove the passneger side battery & ecm and black ecm bracket for a lot more room.

I use SCT Live wire TS Comp tuner with no shift on fly, this tuner gives lots of options and changes for later down the road, the shift on the fly is not worth it, do to when running switch the fuel rail pressure conecter sometimes will not take the pins from the switch adapter plug ad will cause you diy guys problems, plus its not worth almost 300.00 more. you can use that money for other stuff.

use a cold air intake. If you tow alot go ahead and buy a updated throttle body delete kit with a nice cac pipe to ditch the plastic cac pipe that will not last very long towing all the time with delete. If you dont tow a lot then remove the throttle body and clean, then remove the 2 torx screws that hold the throttle body plate in and remove. Then re install throttle body.

If all possible and you have alot of miles on your truck remove plenum and clean the soot out of it.

These are just help full hints not a guide. Im not responsible do to you being a idiot and trying to do something you should not.

Re: 6.7 Powerstroke Egr tube and delete hints for you [Re: TITANIUM-BACK] #12849017 08/01/18 02:06 AM
T
Txfiremn Offline
Angler
Angler
T
I've been wanting to do the egr delete and really like the Sinister kit.

I have the SCT x4 already, which tuner can I buy just the tunes from?

Re: 6.7 Powerstroke Egr tube and delete hints for you [Re: TITANIUM-BACK] #12851098 08/02/18 08:14 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Wanting to do this on my 2015... Thanks.

Last edited by BMCD; 08/02/18 08:14 PM.
Re: 6.7 Powerstroke Egr tube and delete hints for you [Re: TITANIUM-BACK] #12859255 08/09/18 10:27 PM
TITANIUM-BACK Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I been crazy busy.

Call Anarchy Diesel Tuning 423-815-5582

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide