texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,768
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Fishing at Corpus Christi #12830532 07/16/18 10:41 PM
B
BigBassLaredo Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Hi guys, need your advise, I went this past weekend to do a little research on fishing spots con corpus, I do not have really experience on fishing speckled trout or redfish or saltwater fishing for that matter, I'm a bass fishermen but lately I'm been really interested in shallow saltwater fishing, went this Saturday to Oso Bay old rail bridge because saw some videos that people where fishing there (place is a mess), another person send me to Marker 37 pier (not fishing from the Pier permitted), someone else sugest Packery Channel Park, place is OK, but everyone was fishing on the channel and I ended up fishing with dead shrimp on the packery yeti on the beach...

any suggestions..

10 Lbs done.....looking for 11.....

Re: Fishing at Corpus Christi [Re: BigBassLaredo] #12830559 07/16/18 11:17 PM
P
Pat Goff Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Get you a wading belt, net and stringer.
Hotspot wade/paddle map.
1/8 oz screw lock heads.
red/white pumpkin/chartreuse paddle tails
one bone topwater spook type bait.
Find clear/stained water with grass and potholes.
If the surf is flat, go give it a go too.
Saltwater fish are easier to catch than bass, They live much shallower than you think, and are much more aggressive, especially redfish.
Get wet and you'll catch em, don't and it's probably won't.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Fishing at Corpus Christi [Re: BigBassLaredo] #12830560 07/16/18 11:18 PM
S
sfotw Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Packery channel is a good place, just be willing to move around. From packery channel, head north on 361 to the beach access roads. Try them out, I usually head away from people and look for breaks in the waves. If I dont catch anything in 10-15 minutes I move down the beach. I head all the way into Port Aransas and go to the jetties.

Forget the dead shrimp, get a bag of fishbites, and dont use those big premade bottom fishing rigs. A simple Carolina rig with a circle hook will work better. The harder the current or wave action, the heavier the weight you need. I rarely use more than a 3 oz weight in the surf, most of the time just a half or one ounce. Use spider weights in the surf.

1/8 to 1/4 oz jigs with cocahoe minnow plastic baits in New Penny/Chartruese should get you some trout. Use white curly tail grubs and you should find some flounder!

Good luck!

Re: Fishing at Corpus Christi [Re: sfotw] #12831809 07/17/18 10:05 PM
B
BigBassLaredo Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: sfotw
Packery channel is a good place, just be willing to move around. From packery channel, head north on 361 to the beach access roads. Try them out, I usually head away from people and look for breaks in the waves. If I dont catch anything in 10-15 minutes I move down the beach. I head all the way into Port Aransas and go to the jetties.

Forget the dead shrimp, get a bag of fishbites, and dont use those big premade bottom fishing rigs. A simple Carolina rig with a circle hook will work better. The harder the current or wave action, the heavier the weight you need. I rarely use more than a 3 oz weight in the surf, most of the time just a half or one ounce. Use spider weights in the surf.

1/8 to 1/4 oz jigs with cocahoe minnow plastic baits in New Penny/Chartruese should get you some trout. Use white curly tail grubs and you should find some flounder!

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your advise, let me check where is the 361 road

10 Lbs done.....looking for 11.....

Re: Fishing at Corpus Christi [Re: BigBassLaredo] #12831834 07/17/18 10:23 PM
C
cactusrat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: BigBassLaredo
Originally Posted By: sfotw

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your advise, let me check where is the 361 road

361 runs from Port A to Corpus Christi on the island.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide