Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12826411 - 07/12/18 07:56 PM Lake Arlington Boat Ramps
Dbonz Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Azle, TX
Two questions:

How is the daily launch fee paid on Lake Arlington?

What is the preferred boat ramp to use?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dbonz (07/12/18 08:01 PM)

#12826450 - 07/12/18 08:29 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
dlrz71 Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Arlington, Tx
I use the one off Arkansas. Fee is $5 paid at the office via envelope/tag.

2003 SKEETER TZX 190 YAMAHA VMAX 150

#12826456 - 07/12/18 08:34 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
Mikeyb_23 Offline
Angler

Loc: White Settlement, Tx
How does Arlington compare to lake worth or EM? Never been there and wondering if it's worth the drive.

#12826463 - 07/12/18 08:40 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Arlington
I went a month or so ago and the envelope was asking for a weekend fee of $10 I think and construction had you parking a mile away. Wasn't worth the trouble or fee for such a small lake.

#12826501 - 07/12/18 09:15 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: dlrz71]
Dbonz Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Azle, TX
Thanks, Dlrz71.

Is the lake office at the Arkansas ramp?

#12826519 - 07/12/18 09:29 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
dlrz71 Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Arlington, Tx
Yes, its to the left before you get to the ramps. I haven't been in a while but per the post above sounds like its a mess right now.

2003 SKEETER TZX 190 YAMAHA VMAX 150

#12826673 - 07/13/18 12:51 AM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Arlington
If you go and the parking is still messed up on Arkansas you might pay at the office and drive down to the south ramp and see if it is better. The only ramp that I have ever used is the Arkansas. I wish that I knew how to fish that lake better. It is only 15 minutes from my house but I've never figured it out.

#12826760 - 07/13/18 07:05 AM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Dbonz
Two questions:

Thanks in advance.

Dbonz,

It is actually a pretty decent fishing lake . . . for those who know how to fish it. It seems to spit out some large bass now and again. In this way, it is a bit like Marine Creek.

But, I just can't imagine driving from the Azle area where you have access to EM, LW and MC, a few others, too.

Lake Arlington is embarrassingly nasty. The city ought to have more pride in it. Like most city lakes, it seems to have a lot less "nature" to take in, the water clarity is non-existent, with trashy banks like few other lakes in the area.

I've kayak fished it, just very unimpressed.

I think it is worth a trip, the things I mention might not be important to you, but it'd be interesting if you find it worth the effort to ever go back.

Brad

#12826794 - 07/13/18 07:46 AM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Brad R]
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: North Richland Hills, TX
Originally Posted By: Brad R
Two questions:

Thanks in advance.

Dbonz,

It is actually a pretty decent fishing lake . . . for those who know how to fish it. It seems to spit out some large bass now and again. In this way, it is a bit like Marine Creek.

But, I just can't imagine driving from the Azle area where you have access to EM, LW and MC, a few others, too.

Lake Arlington is embarrassingly nasty. The city ought to have more pride in it. Like most city lakes, it seems to have a lot less "nature" to take in, the water clarity is non-existent, with trashy banks like few other lakes in the area.

I think it is worth a trip, the things I mention might not be important to you, but it'd be interesting if you find it worth the effort to ever go back.

Brad

The Arlington side isn't nasty at all. The fort worth side is literally a dump. Each year they do an Arlington cleanup day and fill up a 30 yard dumpster.

Also the Bowman Springs Ramp is much easier to access right now because of all the construction at Richard Simpson Park.

Kris Winhold

#12826861 - 07/13/18 08:44 AM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Brad R]
Happykamper Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Southlake, Texas
Two questions:

Thanks in advance.

Dbonz,

Brad

Been one time, had to give my boat a tetnus shot afterword.

#12826891 - 07/13/18 09:08 AM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
GROD Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Eagle Mountain
Some big bass in Arlington though...

#12827408 - 07/13/18 05:01 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
BNKrust Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Mansfield, TX USA
There's been 29 lb sacks out there. My buddy had a 29 lb and a 24 lb bag in two different tournaments. Just have to know where to go. And yes, it's a cesspool of a lake. The west side is sketchy at best.

#12827446 - 07/13/18 05:30 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Brad R]
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: somervell county
Two questions:

Thanks in advance.

Dbonz,

Brad
Some of the best shallow cover on Arlington is the pampers, milk jugs and Walmart bags! Flip em! laugh

#12827529 - 07/13/18 06:40 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: 361V]
GIG'EM AGGIES Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: texas
Originally Posted By: 361V
Two questions:

Thanks in advance.

Dbonz,

Brad
Some of the best shallow cover on Arlington is the pampers, milk jugs and Walmart bags! Flip em! laugh

The water bottle pads will hold fish too but you may have to drop shot to get the lure through.
I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I don’t have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I don’t have a curfew I have a driver’s license and a car. Women I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant. And I have a bass boat.

illegitimi non carborundum

#12827541 - 07/13/18 06:52 PM Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz]
GROD Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Eagle Mountain
Its funny bc y’all are telling the truth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide