827590 Topics
12029891 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#12815054 - 07/03/18 01:27 PM Lake Lavon
HylianPunkk Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Wylie, TX, USA
I have seen a post in here listed "LAVON FYI" but I haven't seen a lot of updates coming through that post. So I decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a new thread that everyone can post their latest updates regarding Lavon Lake in. I'll also transfer over a previous comment I made on another post in order to start the "fun".

I look forward to seeing your reports, updates and pictures *if any*! I'll try to post some when I can!

"Man alone measures time and chimes the hour, but because of this, man alone suffers a fear that no other creature endures- a fear of time running out."

#12815066 - 07/03/18 01:30 PM Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk]
HylianPunkk Offline
Green Horn

THIS IS MY COMMENT FROM ANOTHER POST; REPORT FOR SUNDAY 06/24/2018 FISHING TRIP

Figured I would help with a more recent update.

**THIS UPDATE IS OUR MOST RECENT EXPERIENCE**
Other tactics show to be working as well, but I feel the info provided will be more helpful than just saying "throw whatever, there's fish in there somewhere!"

6-24-18 *Sunday

*LARGEMOUTH BLACK BASS*

Lavon is about a foot and a half low. The water is definitely warming up. I've been seeing average temperatures ranging between 82 to 86 degrees from main lake and in the coves. Stained water, working with approximately 2-3ft visibility. Greenish tint.

Early morning - good bites on fast top waters.
Later bites require a bit of patience, working Texas rigged plastics. Dark colors seem to be a favorite right now.

Most (if not all) boat ramps are open. Collin Park and East Fork *Main Lake and Marina* are definitely open -- as that's where we've been launching from.

"Man alone measures time and chimes the hour, but because of this, man alone suffers a fear that no other creature endures- a fear of time running out."

#12815085 - 07/03/18 01:42 PM Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk]
HylianPunkk Offline
Green Horn

FISHING REPORT: SUNDAY 07/01/2018

*SAND BASS*

We started out a short day of fishing, hitting the water at 0545 out of East Fork. Average water temperature was 82*, approx. 1.5' low. Water is still stained, becoming more of the well recognized brown tint. Light overcast with the Wind blowing about 15mph straight from the south, which made fishing our favorite spots a little more challenging than we like.

We did find multiple, massive schools of small sandy's and bar fish at the west end of the dam. It made the morning go by really quick and had my young nephew smiling from ear to ear. When the bite died off, it really died off. We gave up on the spot and moved to fishing for Largemouth's but couldn't get on them. Seems everyone had a difficult day from what I've seen and heard from other fisherman. We ran the Northwest end of the East fork with not a single bite!

We're hoping to have more Largemouth activity this Sunday.

Sand bass and bar fish were extremely productive on slab spoons *CC's* and were alternating between schooling on the top and being suspended, working around ~15ft. Shallower production only lasted for about 5-10mins before they went deep.

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide