S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Goodyear Endurance, only trailer tire made in the U.S.A. Just bought one. 87 mph tire.

This, Marathons are chinese junk, its lottery if you get one that lasts or blows out.

Well....got my Endurance tires mounted up today. Price was better than I was told. $91.80 each. These are load range "D". The two newer tires I was using were Chinese "Gladiator" tires. Load range "C". They wore funky. The original spare was a Marathon. Load range "C". They were made in Canada. So not Chinese junk...but, Canadian junk. I guess. The Endurance tires have a pretty high speed rating and 15psi higher pressure rating. They are also HEAVY! The tire alone weighed more than the others mounted with the Skeeter aluminum wheel.

They both balanced out with .75 ounces per wheel. Pretty good. And they were VERY around. Not wobbly like most tires and wheels I see them balance.

First impression is very good.

Time will tell.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12814168 07/03/18 12:41 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Goodyear Endurance, only trailer tire made in the U.S.A. Just bought one. 87 mph tire.

This, Marathons are chinese junk, its lottery if you get one that lasts or blows out.

Well....got my Endurance tires mounted up today. Price was better than I was told. $91.80 each. These are load range "D". The two newer tires I was using were Chinese "Gladiator" tires. Load range "C". They wore funky. The original spare was a Marathon. Load range "C". They were made in Canada. So not Chinese junk...but, Canadian junk. I guess. The Endurance tires have a pretty high speed rating and 15psi higher pressure rating. They are also HEAVY! The tire alone weighed more than the others mounted with the Skeeter aluminum wheel.

They both balanced out with .75 ounces per wheel. Pretty good. And they were VERY around. Not wobbly like most tires and wheels I see them balance.

First impression is very good.

Time will tell.

What size did you get Steez ? My originals were 205-75-14 and I went up a notch to 215-75-14 and seems to pull better. These tires don't flatten out when you hit a bump in the road like the other tires either.

Last edited by GIG'EM AGGIES; 07/03/18 12:42 AM.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: BigTxBassMan] #12814281 07/03/18 01:55 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
TR215/75R14.

It's the original equipment size for this trailer. ....at least the original spare was that size. I only assume it's what the other two were.

So far....I have done one really fast pull to the lake. Aired them to 65psi and set the cruise on 80mph. Limit was 75...just wanted to check the temp on them and psi change.

After 45 minutes, psi was 68 and temp was 110. Not bad.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12814293 07/03/18 02:00 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
TR215/75R14.

It's the original equipment size for this trailer. ....at least the original spare was that size. I only assume it's what the other two were.

So far....I have done one really fast pull to the lake. Aired them to 65psi and set the cruise on 80mph. Limit was 75...just wanted to check the temp on them and psi change.

After 45 minutes, psi was 68 and temp was 110. Not bad.

They're 87 mph tires so no problema. Nice haulin a boat to the lake and not worry about the tread coming off on a two lane back country road. You got a good price too. I didn't even shop, just found the closest place to home and done the deal. $124 a tire included tax, mounting and balancing so wasn't too bad.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12847157 07/30/18 07:10 PM
T
Too Fat 2 Fish Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Based on overwhelming opinion here, I got the endurance for my rig at NTB saturday. Towed less than 4 miles home. Realized few hours later than 1 tire had bulge in outer sidewall and the other is visibly out of round. Taking back to swap them out today.

Saw another recent post where someone else got some out of round too..are endurance really the best out there? First time I've bought new trailer tires but bought many tires for cars/trucks and never had to return any of them.

Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #12847187 07/30/18 07:48 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Too Fat 2 Fish
Based on overwhelming opinion here, I got the endurance for my rig at NTB saturday. Towed less than 4 miles home. Realized few hours later than 1 tire had bulge in outer sidewall and the other is visibly out of round. Taking back to swap them out today.

Saw another recent post where someone else got some out of round too..are endurance really the best out there? First time I've bought new trailer tires but bought many tires for cars/trucks and never had to return any of them.

I just put new tires including spare on my boat. I thought hard about getting the Endurance but no matter where I priced 5 of them it was way cheaper to go back with the Triangle brand. Have had more than a few sets of them on various boats and never an issue even with lots of miles towed. Two sets of 5ea were still cheaper than just 5 of the Endurance. I figured it made more sense based on my own experience to stick with what works for me plus I saved $250-300.

Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #12847343 07/30/18 10:30 PM
J
joebass2 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J

JavelinJ is not gonna like this

Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: Too Fat 2 Fish] #12847345 07/30/18 10:33 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Only trailer tire made in America buddy and the specs are the best but you can get a bad of anything once in awhile. I've had too many blowouts on the others I've bought. Having said that, most tire failures are due to under inflation and too much speed. Most trailer tires have a recommended speed limit of 65 mph. Anything over that and the tire starts to heat and gain pressure. Sorry about your experience but I still think Endurance is the best tire for a trailer.

Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12847408 07/31/18 12:06 AM
R
Rayzor Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R

Only trailer tire made in America buddy and the specs are the best but you can get a bad of anything once in awhile. I've had too many blowouts on the others I've bought. Having said that, most tire failures are due to under inflation and too much speed. Most trailer tires have a recommended speed limit of 65 mph. Anything over that and the tire starts to heat and gain pressure. Sorry about your experience but I still think Endurance is the best tire for a trailer.

I have been using NTB's trailer tires for several years now. I can't say they are the so-called "best" but they are not the worst.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Best Trailer Tire? [Re: TxFisherman03] #12847451 07/31/18 12:42 AM
horseplaydvm Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TxFisherman03

Those tires are junk. I had one completely loose the tread and damaged my fender and rear light, and another tire developed a large bubble on the sidewall. Lots of people on the forums have had the same problems with them. I typically use Goodyear marathons but just bought a new set of the Goodyear endurance tires. Hopefully they hold up as recommended.

[Linked Image]
Gone Fishing
B.A.S. 6/5/47-6/6/12
C.W.S. 9/29/72- 10/17/23
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide