Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: SoCal Tom] #12796425 06/18/18 07:03 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Ol man river, you seem to have a lot of knowledge of the river system and do well there. What major tournaments have you won out there? I would like to go back and read the write ups.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: Jarrett Latta] #12796449 06/18/18 07:25 PM
S
stetson Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Originally Posted By: stetson
Pads are to hero or zero on the red takes some balls to go for it there, while the red is a tough fishery if one will flip slowly for 8 hours limits each day are not to hard, couple week ago for the college event there I was telling everyone that port lake would be where the open would be won ( entire lake was offlimits in flw) and look where Walters whacked them a lot with other top finishers, idk how someone could leave so many release fish to run 4 hours one way or fish main river. Guess they are the "pros tho"'

So the only good place right now is a small area of release fish? That sounds exciting..

Didn't say it was the only good place, I said it was prolly the best and obviously it sheared the best results, there's few backwaters that still have a population of fish but they keep gettying caught from there and released in port lake that's why it's only getting better in there compared to the other backwaters on the river

Few weeks ago Me and Walters both pushed into the haven ( where Tharp won the cup, it's so shallow only a metal boat could get in) and in there was only about a 200 yard stretch near the back that was deep enough and held a decent amount of fish we both knew we be there so we worked it out and played merry go round we both took limits out and culled several times a piece I know for a fact those fish didn't swim several miles back, up to that cut, over the few inches of mud and another 500yards to get back on those lay downs, that's why port Lake is always a player and when it extremely tough debatably the best oxbo in the river

Last edited by stetson; 06/18/18 07:26 PM.
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: SoCal Tom] #12796757 06/18/18 10:42 PM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Everyone talking bout tearing there boat up out there is there own fought. 90 percent of tournaments are won within sight of the launch. Half of top 12 was in there if not more!

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: mudd] #12796802 06/18/18 11:06 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: mudd
Everyone talking bout tearing there boat up out there is there own fought. 90 percent of tournaments are won within sight of the launch. Half of top 12 was in there if not more!
So, in tournaments like champs with 250 entries, everyone should fish in that little 200 acre lake?

Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: leethefishking] #12796837 06/18/18 11:33 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: leethefishking
Ol man river, you seem to have a lot of knowledge of the river system and do well there.

leethefishking, I do have a lot of experience on river systems and tournament fishing. Simply reminding folks about the mental side of fishing.

Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: leethefishking] #12796844 06/18/18 11:39 PM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
So, in tournaments like champs with 250 entries, everyone should fish in that little 200 acre lake?

To each his own but most seen complain bout fishing in a crowd so Im sure most on here would just complain even more bout Bass Champs if they chose to fish all in that area and how horrible it actually is out there. Lol Just like Randall Tharp winning cup on River. He fished in Port Lake along with John Cox.

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: stetson] #12796856 06/18/18 11:51 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Pads are to hero or zero on the red takes some balls to go for it there, while the red is a tough fishery if one will flip slowly for 8 hours limits each day are not to hard, couple week ago for the college event there I was telling everyone that port lake would be where the open would be won ( entire lake was offlimits in flw) and look where Walters whacked them a lot with other top finishers, idk how someone could leave so many release fish to run 4 hours one way or fish main river. Guess they are the "pros tho"'

So the only good place right now is a small area of release fish? That sounds exciting..

Didn't say it was the only good place, I said it was prolly the best and obviously it sheared the best results, there's few backwaters that still have a population of fish but they keep gettying caught from there and released in port lake that's why it's only getting better in there compared to the other backwaters on the river

Few weeks ago Me and Walters both pushed into the haven ( where Tharp won the cup, it's so shallow only a metal boat could get in) and in there was only about a 200 yard stretch near the back that was deep enough and held a decent amount of fish we both knew we be there so we worked it out and played merry go round we both took limits out and culled several times a piece I know for a fact those fish didn't swim several miles back, up to that cut, over the few inches of mud and another 500yards to get back on those lay downs, that's why port Lake is always a player and when it extremely tough debatably the best oxbo in the river

Did you throw a whopper plopper all day? Ha

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12796870 06/19/18 12:00 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Did you throw a whopper plopper all day? Ha

Whoever invented the Whopper Plopper ought to have his Plopper Whopped.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: SoCal Tom] #12796875 06/19/18 12:03 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Gig'Em. Stetson is the whopper plopper master. He's addicted to the stupid things like a crack addict. I fish with him from time to time, and he will chunk that thing NONSTOP! All day.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12796913 06/19/18 12:31 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Gig'Em. Stetson is the whopper plopper master. He's addicted to the stupid things like a crack addict. I fish with him from time to time, and he will chunk that thing NONSTOP! All day.

I've got two of them and swear they run fish off. Last week at Fork a school of shad started flickering on top where I was fishing and bass were on them like a hog on slop. I grabbed my Whopper Plopper and started throwing at the action and next thing I know everything got real quiet. I think it scared the shad and bass off. I could have bought 3 bags of Flukes for what I paid for that thing and not scared off the fish.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: Jimfishes] #12796937 06/19/18 12:50 AM
L
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Ol Man River
Ol man river, you seem to have a lot of knowledge of the river system and do well there. What major tournaments have you won out there? I would like to go back and read the write ups.

leethefishking, I do have a lot of experience on river systems (40 yrs), but never said I was as a great tournament fisherman. I quit fishing tournaments about 12 years ago and started focusing on just fun fishing with my grand kids and a retired buddy of mine. You are reading way too much into my posts...ha, ha! I'm obviously not as good as you--"The Fish King"... there, I said it...yes...You are the greatest of all time. The rest of us bow to you FISH KING!
. No need to be a smart [censored]. You have told many of us that we whine because we can't catch fish. I was truly curious as to what it has taken to be consistent in tournaments up there over the years.

Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: leethefishking] #12796948 06/19/18 12:57 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

leethefishking, I do have a lot of experience on river systems (40 yrs), but never said I was as a great tournament fisherman. I quit fishing tournaments about 12 years ago and started focusing on just fun fishing with my grand kids and a retired buddy of mine. You are reading way too much into my posts...ha, ha! I'm obviously not as good as you--"The Fish King"... there, I said it...yes...You are the greatest of all time. The rest of us bow to you FISH KING!
. No need to be a smart [censored]. You have told many of us that we whine because we can't catch fish. I was truly curious as to what it has taken to be consistent in tournaments up there over the years.

Don't act like youre just curios as to how to catch fish. You're both trying to get each other fired up. At least as I read it. .....and you don't have to "read the write ups" There usually isn't one to read. You know that.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: SoCal Tom] #12796964 06/19/18 01:07 AM
L
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Louisiana must be different, all the trails around here that draw more than 150 boats have a write up after the tournament.

Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12797034 06/19/18 01:55 AM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J

Don't act like youre just curios as to how to catch fish. You're both trying to get each other fired up. At least as I read it. .....and you don't have to "read the write ups" There usually isn't one to read. You know that.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GO FISH!
Re: B.A.S.S. Open on the Red River [Re: mudd] #12797616 06/19/18 03:25 PM
T
texasbassdude Offline
Angler
Angler
T
90 percent of tournaments are won within sight of the launch.

Also, don't forget that 85% of all statistics are made up.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide