Forums59
Topics1,037,804
Posts13,934,747
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: the skipper] #12800247 06/21/18 01:12 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: the skipper
Originally Posted By: Ozark Clark
New Brand - Old blood
i dont think failure is an option with these guys

Vexus Boats Experiance
Vexus Boats Experance from Youtube

Well, ranger did go bankrupt and sold out a few times.

Was Forrest Wood involved ?

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Huckleberry] #12800249 06/21/18 01:14 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
Hope they make a glass boat rated for a 250. The tin boats they have are great looking but under powered.

I don't know much about that except they are damn nice looking rigs, usually guys buying tin boats are not speed demons.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Happykamper] #12800252 06/21/18 01:17 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Hope they make a glass boat rated for a 250. The tin boats they have are great looking but under powered.

I don't know much about that except they are damn nice looking rigs, usually guys buying tin boats are not speed demons.

Not so much speed but efficiency. I would rather run 50 mph at 3500 / 4000 rpms than run the motor wide open.

Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Huckleberry] #12800321 06/21/18 02:06 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Not so much speed but efficiency. I would rather run 50 mph at 3500 / 4000 rpms than run the motor wide open.

I do not know why they did what they did, I figure there is a good reason, have you run one of the boats with the new mercury 4 strokes ?

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Ozark Clark] #12800555 06/21/18 04:52 PM
F
FishTheBite Offline
Angler
Angler
F
2019 Vexus AVX1980
From its uncompromising stance and head-turning good looks to its tournament-bred engineering and incredibly-long list of standard features, the aluminum AVX1980 is so evolved its often mistaken as a hand-built fiberglass design. Built on a ground-breaking, high performance pad hull, this 19 10 rig enjoys a broad 95 beam, quick hole shots, responsive handling, and an exceptionally smooth ride. Inside, the 1980 is loaded with an equally impressive set of advantages. Smooth, stretch-formed gunnels deliver an advanced look and even more interior room. Likewise, the massive decks are inundated with storages so large they literally dwarf other aluminum designs. Youll see it in the 8 foot center rod locker, vast gear compartments, spacious rear power compartment, and the extra leg room at the console. $32,595 plus freight and dealer prep with Mercury 150 4-Stroke. Coming soon to Complete Marine 4551 E. University Drive Phoenix, AZ 85034,

Sounds price competitive to me. And if they look as good in person as they do in pictures they are going to be the best looking tin boats on the market. And probably, based on the what I can tell about the hull shape from pictures which I know means nothing, a better ride than most aluminum bass boats.

I'm curious and look forward to seeing one in person.

Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Happykamper] #12800568 06/21/18 05:03 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I do not know why they did what they did, I figure there is a good reason, have you run one of the boats with the new mercury 4 strokes ?

No, but 2" shy of a 20' boat, should at least have a 200 on it. Load it down with gear, two people, full live wells, a power pole or two, that 150 is working pretty hard. They state "a high performance pad hull design" .... for what? hmmm

Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Huckleberry] #12800592 06/21/18 05:22 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Not sure on the HP deal, maybe they have another model coming that is rated for 220 HP or more, I bet they sell a ton of those boats.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Happykamper] #12800852 06/21/18 08:35 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
They forgot more about a bass boat than what a lot of bass boat builders know, they will have one of the best if not the best boat on the market, they will be expensive like Ranger and a few others, I was going to jump from Triton back to Ranger but now I want to wait and see what the Vexus boat is all about, I talked with a factory Rep today, looks like they will un vail there flagship boats at the 2019 Bass Masters Classic, they will be 2020 models. I figure I am good for at least one more new boat, just as well go top shelf.

+1

Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Ken A.] #12800900 06/21/18 09:16 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Well , my old Ranger/Triton dealer is jumping back into the bass boat business, North Texas Marine will be the North Texas Vexus dealer, they had their first tin boats arrive today, they were all pre sold. Joe Wallace told me the first glass boats would be unvailed at the 2019 Classic, the production boats should be showing up maybe by April. They will have a 19,20,and 21 foot model. They will come fully factory rigged. I did put in a reserve for one of the 21 foot models, maybe with any luck I could get one in late March, Joe told me that if for some reason I did not like the boat they would not hold me to buying it, so nothing to lose by reserving one.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Ozark Clark] #12801041 06/22/18 12:05 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
I was pretty sure NTX Marine would be one of the first Vexus dealers. I am glad to see it. Joe did great as a Ranger & Triton dealer and he had a long-standing relationship with the old Ranger guys. I am sure Vexus will be going after all their old dealers across the nation and I believe they will get a bunch of them on board.

My instinct tells me they will not be as conservative as Phoenix. They will go for it. I do not think for a minute they will ever put Ranger out of business but I do think they can gain a sizable share of the market. The past relationships the Wood's daughters and SIL's had with their old dealer network is strong and they will leverage that.

I still look for the first two to 3 years of Vexus glass boats to be a great value. I predict they will be at least $10K less than Skeeter, Triton, Phoenix initially. That will help them gain market share and establish them as a sought after brand. As the Elite guys are signed on the price will rise and in three years they will be in the same price range as all the other premium brands.

One thing for sure. It will be interesting for sure!!

thumb

Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Ozark Clark] #12801094 06/22/18 01:00 AM
H
HasBen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
I believe competition makes for better boats from everyone. I am just glad there are still people out there willing to put their money on the line for things they are passionate about. All the pictures of the Vexus boats I have seen are very impressive. I am sure that is not lost on Ranger, Skeeter, BassCat,....

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Vexus Boats at the Houston Boat Show [Re: Ken A.] #12801124 06/22/18 01:19 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I was pretty sure NTX Marine would be one of the first Vexus dealers. I am glad to see it. Joe did great as a Ranger & Triton dealer and he had a long-standing relationship with the old Ranger guys. I am sure Vexus will be going after all their old dealers across the nation and I believe they will get a bunch of them on board.

My instinct tells me they will not be as conservative as Phoenix. They will go for it. I do not think for a minute they will ever put Ranger out of business but I do think they can gain a sizable share of the market. The past relationships the Wood's daughters and SIL's had with their old dealer network is strong and they will leverage that.

I still look for the first two to 3 years of Vexus glass boats to be a great value. I predict they will be at least $10K less than Skeeter, Triton, Phoenix initially. That will help them gain market share and establish them as a sought after brand. As the Elite guys are signed on the price will rise and in three years they will be in the same price range as all the other premium brands.

One thing for sure. It will be interesting for sure!!
I agree and hope the price is not too crazy, I will wear a shirt, put a decal in the back window of my truck, maybe wrap the boat, work a boat show or two, just to get in on a team or memo boat, not really, if I like the boat I will just pay like most have to do. I am really happy Joe Wallace is going to be the dealer, no telling how many boats I have bought from him, they are great folks. Cliff Brown down in Harker Heights is a good one too, just too far for me to drive.

thumb

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide