Print Thread
Tawakoni Report and guide review #12780254 06/05/18 12:38 AM
C
cantcatch5 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I dont usually post things like this but this trip was so great I feel compelled to let others know!

My son wanted me to take him and 3 of his friends fishing for his 13th birthday and I knew that 5 of us in my 21 foot bass boat would not be a good idea so I decided on a guide trip. I deliberated between Texoma and Tawakoni and finally decided on Tawakoni since we could do that trip without an overnight stay. After a lot of research I decided I wanted to book Michael Littlejohn with Tawakoni Guide service and booked him for the last day of May. Their website says they leave the dock at 7:00 a.m. and I was a bit nervous that I wouldnt be able to get 4 13 year olds up and around at 5:00 to be on the boat by 7:00 but it was definitely doable. Michael called me the evening before the trip to touch base just as he had said he would and asked me if we could be ready to pull out of the marina at 5:30! He said the bite had been fast and furious for 30 minutes and tapered off quickly after that. I knew it was necessary or he wouldnt have asked so I told the boys we needed to listen and it is never a good idea to guide the guide so we made plans to be on the road before 4:00 Thursday morning. The boys did good getting up and being ready and we actually made it to the dock a few minutes early after hitting Whataburger in Canton.

Michael had the boat ready and was waiting on us and we pulled out of the marina about 5:45. We ran across the lake to where they had been catching the hybrids for the previous 11 mornings according to Michael but according to him it had been dead calm the previous week and a half and the wind was howling for us. We pulled up on the hump and began scanning with the Humminbird SI and the fish were gone! I could tell Michale was a little concerned as we idled around watching the Side Image and then after a few minutes he said there they are!. We pulled up on the fish and the he Humminbird showed a huge school of fish! Michael gave the boys some quick instructions and told them to drop their baits and the catching began immediately! The routine was bait up, drop the bait and hook a hybrid! If the boys went more than a minute without catching a fish it was only because their bait had been killed or stolen! We caught fish after fish with doubles or triples being the norm and having all 4 boys hooked several times! We were nearing our hybrid limit by 6:30 and had released tons of hard fighting 17 1/2 fish which to me was a great sign that fishing would continue to be great on Tawakoni. When Michales other 2 boats finally made it out to the hump (they had elected not to follow the advice to get there early) the bite had noticeably slowed. We pulled up and headed to another spot, again within 5 minutes of getting to the spot Michael had found the fish on Side Imaging and had us hammering the Hybrids. We rounded out our limit and caught and released a bunch more hybrids before deciding to go looking for some white bass. Since we were ahead of the game so far we decided on a long run to a spot Michael thought he could find some white bass. The wind was really howling now and the lake was in a condition that I wouldnt have been able to run in my bass boat but Michaels big Blazer Bay boat took it easily and was quite comfortable and dry.

We pulled up on the third spot and it was a repeat of the first two except this time it was magnum sandies on the menu! These white bass were huge and if we could keep the boys baited up they were catching doubles, triples and quadruples nonstop! By 9:00 we had gone through 200 baits and were out of bait and switched over to fishing with artificials...this slowed the bite a good bit and it was taking the boys 1-2 minutes to catch a fish LOL! We fished slabs for about a half of an hour more and left the fish biting with a 120 quart cooler full of fish having released more than we had kept!

I can not recommend a guided trip with Michael enough! His boats are top notch and equipped to handle water that I would have thought was unfishable comfortably, his equipment was good and his knowledge of the lake and what the fish were doing was spot on! If you get a chance book a trip, you will not be sorry!

Re: Tawakoni Report and guide review [Re: cantcatch5] #12780264 06/05/18 12:44 AM
C
cantcatch5 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I can not get pictures to post but posted them here if you want to see!

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694345

Re: Tawakoni Report and guide review [Re: cantcatch5] #12780770 06/05/18 01:26 PM
H
Holzer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Nice follow up thumb

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Tawakoni Report and guide review [Re: cantcatch5] #12781162 06/05/18 05:40 PM
D
Dothead Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
thumb

Re: Tawakoni Report and guide review [Re: cantcatch5] #12785731 06/09/18 12:19 PM
Capt. Michael Littlejohn Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: cantcatch5
I can not get pictures to post but posted them here if you want to see!

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694345

Thanks!!!!

It was def a Twok rodeo!!!

Michael Littlejohn's Full-Time Lake Tawakoni Guide Service
www.tawakoniguideservice.com
Click HERE for Recent CATCH Photos!

Re: Tawakoni Report and guide review [Re: cantcatch5] #12787315 06/11/18 03:02 AM
L
littlewheel Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
TWOK Guide Service is most definitely the hot ticket on Tawakoni . I have been with them twice this year already and have a trip scheduled with Michael on July 23. Any of them , Michael, Teri, Noel , or Mike T are all top notch .

Shannon Wheeler
Lake Fork Channel Catfish Guide
Cheeseologist at Stubbys Cheesebait
903-987-2315
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide