Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Marking the spot. [Re: 9094] #12774895 05/31/18 02:27 AM
C
chickenfried76 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
Similar to the original post, I have a serious question. I was fishing. With a friend and he told me that there are GPS units that can drive close by your boat and scan/save all of the waypoints from the unit on your boat. Anyone else heard of this? If so, how do you “lock” a 10-year old Hummnbird side scan?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Marking the spot. [Re: chickenfried76] #12774936 05/31/18 02:49 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: chickenfried76
Similar to the original post, I have a serious question. I was fishing. With a friend and he told me that there are GPS units that can drive close by your boat and scan/save all of the waypoints from the unit on your boat. Anyone else heard of this? If so, how do you “lock” a 10-year old Hummnbird side scan?
fake news.....impossible. Now, post a picture on this forum from an iPhone and I can download the pic and get the GPS coordinates of where the pic was taken. Real deal truth.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Marking the spot. [Re: 9094] #12774962 05/31/18 03:05 AM
C
chickenfried76 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
I figured this was BS. We had a few cold beverages prior to this revelation coming out...

Re: Marking the spot. [Re: 9094] #12775062 05/31/18 05:49 AM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
If they aren't trying to move in and fish it beside you, who cares? I can assure you that your secret spot isn't a secret on a public lake. I make a mental note of where I see boats fishing while I am out. If I saw them catching then I would probably drive by there when no one is there and see what type of structure was there and log that away in memory when I come across it somewhere else on the lake.

Heck Steez gave me info on my home lake where to catch big fish. I've been on the lake for a few years and didn't know it existed. I still haven't bothered driving over there to check it out. I see people sitting on the spot all the time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it is a good spot.

Too many people get their feathers ruffled trying to protect something that isn't even theirs to begin with.

But they think they are the ONLY ones that ever found it. HOW did THEY find it?? By using a graph & maps possibly? The same way ANYONE else is using their graphs & maps for. They want to throw accusations, claim a spot on public water as their own, REALLY??? Maybe no more graphs & mapping charts & cards should be sold because , heaven forbid, someone may ACTUALLY use it the same way THEY themselves did. Rotflmbo

I wasn’t claiming sh/t in my post about the spots I was on being my private spot.I was talking about the oblivious actions of other people. Yes they can read a map and find the spots but why do that just watch for the bent rod? With the map software out anyone with a lick of sense can find a spot. Anyone can also go onto google earth and look at the history when the water was low. Then again why go to that trouble? But regardless of the rhetoric you are spilling a lot of these guys are stopping to mark the spot they see you on. I claimed no part of the lake was mine. But most likely I guess the people dissing my original post are the ones that do your “homework” like these other guys I’m referring to. Just be running wide open and happen to shut it down in the middle of the lake next to someone fishing, go in a circle and take off. Sure your just changing screens roflmao

You are taking what I said entirely wrong. Not dissing you personally at all. You HAVE a valid very logical point, but so do I. Yeah, some are obvious in doing things like that. (Running wide open, shut down & come circle you) . watch till you catch a fish & come over to you & do it. That ain't right or acceptable in ANYBODIES book.) Don't let it bother you. Enjoy your time on the water.
I won't do that kinda carp myself & wish no one else would either. If you're set up on a spot in an area I wanted to look at, I myself will wait to graph it out for my own mapping. But on a busy day IF a man waits till no one is in an area fishing, then hell' never get to do ANY looking, searching & mapping ,hunting his spots to fish in the future. Even 50' is too close in my book. Especially on smaller lakes. I'm poking fun at the ones who DO think like I was describing. That its their spot ONLY. Sometimes I'm to the point nowadays of thinking there's too many straws in the soda bottle. But we're STILL catching fish out there & THATS what it's all about . Technology has brought forth lots of good things, but why did courtesy, manners, & etiquette have to change? Its the arrogant rude attitudes of those that do claim" others only mark spots that someone is on" & call names potlicker, bent pole fishermen that I'm poking fun at. And that's ALL it is. Way too serious dude. It really don't matter. roflmao

Last edited by Curtbass; 05/31/18 04:00 PM.

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: Marking the spot. [Re: 9094] #12776033 06/01/18 01:05 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
If they aren't trying to move in and fish it beside you, who cares? I can assure you that your secret spot isn't a secret on a public lake. I make a mental note of where I see boats fishing while I am out. If I saw them catching then I would probably drive by there when no one is there and see what type of structure was there and log that away in memory when I come across it somewhere else on the lake.

Heck Steez gave me info on my home lake where to catch big fish. I've been on the lake for a few years and didn't know it existed. I still haven't bothered driving over there to check it out. I see people sitting on the spot all the time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it is a good spot.

Too many people get their feathers ruffled trying to protect something that isn't even theirs to begin with.

But they think they are the ONLY ones that ever found it. HOW did THEY find it?? By using a graph & maps possibly? The same way ANYONE else is using their graphs & maps for. They want to throw accusations, claim a spot on public water as their own, REALLY??? Maybe no more graphs & mapping charts & cards should be sold because , heaven forbid, someone may ACTUALLY use it the same way THEY themselves did. Rotflmbo

I wasn’t claiming sh/t in my post about the spots I was on being my private spot.I was talking about the oblivious actions of other people. Yes they can read a map and find the spots but why do that just watch for the bent rod? With the map software out anyone with a lick of sense can find a spot. Anyone can also go onto google earth and look at the history when the water was low. Then again why go to that trouble? But regardless of the rhetoric you are spilling a lot of these guys are stopping to mark the spot they see you on. I claimed no part of the lake was mine. But most likely I guess the people dissing my original post are the ones that do your “homework” like these other guys I’m referring to. Just be running wide open and happen to shut it down in the middle of the lake next to someone fishing, go in a circle and take off. Sure your just changing screens roflmao
If it is your home lake I would be potlicking your arse too, lol.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide