Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773034 05/29/18 04:10 PM
BMCD Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Took 16 lbs to win a small tournament this past weekend.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #12773052 05/29/18 04:36 PM
Dean Coleman Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Its a trash gar hole filled with some giant logs and gators

Spoken like a BFL/TTT vistor! grin

Lakes got some nice fish it in..but like any place, you will have to spend more than one recon trip to figure it out, or you could save yourself some time and just make your check out to the Sewells, or Jimmy Emmons and Jeff Stanley. laugh

Dean Coleman
Humble Texas

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: Dean Coleman] #12773088 05/29/18 05:15 PM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted By: Dean Coleman

Lakes got some nice fish it in..but like any place, you will have to spend more than one recon trip to figure it out, or you could save yourself some time and just make your check out to the Sewells, or Jimmy Emmons and Jeff Stanley. laugh

Well played sir. Those guys have livingston on lockdown.....

Last edited by gut hooked; 05/29/18 05:23 PM.
Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: Dean Coleman] #12773138 05/29/18 06:01 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Yall should be happy lol I wont be back haha

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773260 05/29/18 07:30 PM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
I have quickly learned that there are a handful of sticks on every lake that have things on lockdown and the rest of us are paying their housenotes....lol....but i'm good with that knowing how much work it takes to be that good ....... #Respect

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773289 05/29/18 07:56 PM
Dean Coleman Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: gut hooked
I have quickly learned that there are a handful of sticks on every lake that have things on lockdown and the rest of us are paying their housenotes....lol....but i'm good with that knowing how much work it takes to be that good ....... #Respect

Very true, but those guys have bad days too...makes it all the sweeter when you bust a sack and swing it up on the scales.

Dean Coleman
Humble Texas

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: Dean Coleman] #12773469 05/29/18 10:58 PM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted By: gut hooked

Very true, but those guys have bad days too...makes it all the sweeter when you bust a sack and swing it up on the scales.

This......I aspire to lock horns with guys like collins and matsubu and all the top sticks I can't remember and those guys on rayburn and toledo and the top sticks on all lakes, including livingston.

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773548 05/30/18 12:12 AM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Phil Marks, Ken Smith, Dickie Newberry.......hmmmmmm.....shook&isles....so many good sticks, especially on rayburn......

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773550 05/30/18 12:15 AM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Harold Allen......so many good sticks......

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773572 05/30/18 12:43 AM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
My son has caught two of his biggest fish on Livingston, a 7 pounder and one close to 10, both during the spring. He caught both of them out of a kayak on the same trip while we were camping at the state park. Hes fishrd two high school tournaments there and has only caught a few dinks.

Livingston scares the [censored] out of me because I have no idea how to run the main lake. I can run Kickapoo to the very back and thats about it. I was given specific directions on how to get from Kickapoo to the 190 bridge. Go to this old boat ramp then I was given a course to steer to the 190 bridge. I got about half way to the bridge and saw a huge stump so I turned around and went right back to Kickapoo. Id pay to have someone show me how to navigate that lake safely. Im not talking about the floaters either, I just want to know how to get around assuming theres not any floaters.

Last edited by C130; 05/30/18 12:44 AM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: C130] #12773585 05/30/18 12:58 AM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: C130
My son has caught two of his biggest fish on Livingston, a 7 pounder and one close to 10, both during the spring. He caught both of them out of a kayak on the same trip while we were camping at the state park. Hes fishrd two high school tournaments there and has only caught a few dinks.

Livingston scares the [censored] out of me because I have no idea how to run the main lake. I can run Kickapoo to the very back and thats about it. I was given specific directions on how to get from Kickapoo to the 190 bridge. Go to this old boat ramp then I was given a course to steer to the 190 bridge. I got about half way to the bridge and saw a huge stump so I turned around and went right back to Kickapoo. Id pay to have someone show me how to navigate that lake safely. Im not talking about the floaters either, I just want to know how to get around assuming theres not any floaters.

I sent you a PM. No money needed.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773670 05/30/18 02:33 AM
D
dflipper Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Livingston is actually a Great Lake. It is tough for the people that come from lakes with grass and an abundance of offshore fishing spots. It has always been good to me tournament fishing but I have more time invested in it than any other lake. We bought a place on Rayburn in 2014 and I havent fished Livingston near as much as I did before. I havent even been on that lake this year which is a first for me. Fish shallow! Texas rigs, spinnrrbaits, square bills and jigs. Find wood in shallow water and put it between the bark and the sap. If you can fish lake Houston any good, then you are a step ahead. They fish very similar. Boat docks are about to turn on there, if you get a bite on one pick it a part and the two next to it. You might fish 30 more before you get a bite but the ones next to where you get a bite usually have fish on them as well. Pretty common to catch a limit off of a couple docks in a row. Good luck....we love our mud hole!!!

"Money well spent Jake, both times!!!" -Gus McCray
Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: dflipper] #12773736 05/30/18 04:01 AM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted By: dflipper
Livingston is actually a Great Lake. It is tough for the people that come from lakes with grass and an abundance of offshore fishing spots. It has always been good to me tournament fishing but I have more time invested in it than any other lake. We bought a place on Rayburn in 2014 and I havent fished Livingston near as much as I did before. I havent even been on that lake this year which is a first for me. Fish shallow! Texas rigs, spinnrrbaits, square bills and jigs. Find wood in shallow water and put it between the bark and the sap. If you can fish lake Houston any good, then you are a step ahead. They fish very similar. Boat docks are about to turn on there, if you get a bite on one pick it a part and the two next to it. You might fish 30 more before you get a bite but the ones next to where you get a bite usually have fish on them as well. Pretty common to catch a limit off of a couple docks in a row. Good luck....we love our mud hole!!!

Excellent Intel......Thanks

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: C130] #12773737 05/30/18 04:01 AM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: C130

I got a ton of waypoints that form a bunch of trails all over the lake and a long way up the river. Believe it was from 2coolfishimg. If you can't find em there lemme know and I can help you out.

Re: Any thoughts on Livingston? [Re: gut hooked] #12773957 05/30/18 02:24 PM
Reel Addict Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
ChanceHuiet and 5X3Phoenix sent you pm's

PB Largemouth 8.56 Lake Fork
PB Largemouth 8.98 Sam Rayburn (Big Bass Splash)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide