Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: WAWI] #12767591 05/24/18 11:24 AM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: WAWI
Originally Posted By: Just James
really ? explain.

You take the filets and shake them in a bag with that stuff. Then fry till they float. Really good. I like tarter sauce and lemon personally

roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: RJF1423] #12767930 05/24/18 03:35 PM
C
CWCW Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: RJF1423
And this is what is wrong with our country. So many people are so self righteous and think that everyone should do what they say because they know better than everyone else.

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS WRONG! The fish is legal! Get off your high horse. You are disgusting for talking trash about something that is perfectly legal and actually nothing but a kind act from one human being to another.

Agree 100% People need to worry about their own selves and not worry about other people who are following the RULES and REGs.
Who cares how big the fish was, its a fish! Do people pass up huge bucks to shoot because they have never seen one that big? Nope!

2009 Tracker PT 170 TX
Mercury 50hp
Lowrance X125
Lowrance X50
Motorguide 46 TM
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: Ghost4BH] #12767941 05/24/18 03:41 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: JayC41
Originally Posted By: Chris B
Originally Posted By: JayC41
Ive never really been a fan of fish tacos, but think Ill give them more consideration. I wonder if blackened fish tacos would be good?

Fried bass on a corn tortilla with chipotle ranch and pico is the bomb.

That does sound good

Dangitt!! Now I want fish tacos!!! mad food

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: TxBazzn] #12767981 05/24/18 04:08 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: TxBazzn
you sound like a true social media bully. If you feel its ok to eat large female bass, just say " I believe its ok" make a smart a** comment about me, you get a rebutal.
You are the one who started a thread and starting trash talking another fisherman because of something he did that was perfectly legal and none of your business.

Also, you went and made comments about someone who you obviously believe to be lesser than you based on how they look. they looked like they would eat road kill.

And now you are calling people smart a**es. You are in the wrong here. Period. By law he did nothing wrong and you stuck your nose where it didnt belong. It is none of your business if someone wants to keep a 10 lb bass.

I have no comment on most of your post but saying someone giving away DD bass to be eaten is not anyone elses business I disagree with. Whats legal does not make it ethical.
Bass fishing is growing at an extraordinary rate. Here at Toledo Bend you wouldnt know if its a Tuesday or Saturday on just about any place on the lake at any time of year. But whats not growing is the number of reservoirs. We all share these resources and so they must be protected more so now than ever. Its just not the same as it was back in the day.
Lakes do replenish fish but they dont replenish DD at the same rate. It takes a special set of circumstances for a fish to reach DD. Hence the Share-a-lunker program wanting to reproduce the genetics of those special fish.
Its not totally uncalled for to approach someone in a respectful manner and talk to them about these conservation concepts. Now you cant make them do anything, but having the conversation is whats needed to spread and educate about conservation practices. So everyone can enjoy the things we do for years to come.

Seriously? More bass of ALL sizes are caught and eaten by Toledo Bend anglers every day than at any other lake in Texas. Perhaps you guys need to do a better job of educating your neighbors, especially those on the east side of the lake, about conservation practices.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: Just James] #12767994 05/24/18 04:20 PM
J
Jake Blood Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Let's bring this conversation to a local launch... lol.. I want to see face to face discussion.

Re: Bass killesterday [Re: Just James] #12768031 05/24/18 04:39 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
And to clarify my position on the OP...I would have released the 10 lber. but I darned sure wouldn't berate someone who was within their legal right to keep her, nor would I label that person unethical or state that he has no right to call himself a bass fisherman.

Many moons ago, Mike Metcalf and I were fishing Pinkston. It had been a slow day with post frontal conditions. Late in the afternoon I popped an 8 lber. off a channel swing. A few minutes later, Mike caught a 7+. Both fish went in the live well. You see, Mike kept EVERY bass he caught fun fishing to feed his Momma. When we got back to the ramp, Paul Sidensticker (TPWD biologist) for the lake was there. He asked about our day of fishing, numbers caught, etc. Typical creel survey. Then we pulled the two fish out of the live well to show Paul, and he immediately asked if I would release mine. I think he knew better than to ask Mike. I agreed to release my piggy, to Paul's delight. Mike was some kind of po'd at me for letting his Momma's food go back. roflmao Paul took great photos of her and sent me a letter of thanks with the photos.

So James, while I completely agree with you on releasing big females, not everyone does. And I can guarantee you that Mike Metcalf was and still is one helluva BASS FISHERMAN!

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: fouzman] #12768033 05/24/18 04:40 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: TxBazzn
you sound like a true social media bully. If you feel its ok to eat large female bass, just say " I believe its ok" make a smart a** comment about me, you get a rebutal.
You are the one who started a thread and starting trash talking another fisherman because of something he did that was perfectly legal and none of your business.

Also, you went and made comments about someone who you obviously believe to be lesser than you based on how they look. they looked like they would eat road kill.

And now you are calling people smart a**es. You are in the wrong here. Period. By law he did nothing wrong and you stuck your nose where it didnt belong. It is none of your business if someone wants to keep a 10 lb bass.

I have no comment on most of your post but saying someone giving away DD bass to be eaten is not anyone elses business I disagree with. Whats legal does not make it ethical.
Bass fishing is growing at an extraordinary rate. Here at Toledo Bend you wouldnt know if its a Tuesday or Saturday on just about any place on the lake at any time of year. But whats not growing is the number of reservoirs. We all share these resources and so they must be protected more so now than ever. Its just not the same as it was back in the day.
Lakes do replenish fish but they dont replenish DD at the same rate. It takes a special set of circumstances for a fish to reach DD. Hence the Share-a-lunker program wanting to reproduce the genetics of those special fish.
Its not totally uncalled for to approach someone in a respectful manner and talk to them about these conservation concepts. Now you cant make them do anything, but having the conversation is whats needed to spread and educate about conservation practices. So everyone can enjoy the things we do for years to come.

Seriously? More bass of ALL sizes are caught and eaten by Toledo Bend anglers every day than at any other lake in Texas. Perhaps you guys need to do a better job of educating your neighbors, especially those on the east side of the lake, about conservation practices.

Yep, I do my best. Not sure what your seriously comment is about.
As mentioned I am a proponent of having a respectful conversation with them about conservation. At the end of the of the day you cant make them conserve.

Re: Bass killesterday [Re: Just James] #12768046 05/24/18 04:46 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
We should get together and have a discussion on this topic. Maybe a fish fry?

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12768139 05/24/18 06:00 PM
R
Rog Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Bass taste like [censored]. I don't think there is enough bread crumbs and grease in this world to make em taste good. Bass fishing is about money.....that's all. Flounder, mackerel, trout, shrimp....that's what's to be eaten. It a smelly, fishy big ole bass.

Now you went and done it!!! Mackerel over Bass ? What you smokin? Mackerel are fun to catch but aint enough smokin chips and seasoning to make em taste good!!! Tail grab em and let em go unless in a T. Snapper, Dolphin, grouper, tuna, shrimp and redfish is where its at!!!! Plus mackerel is full of mercury......and those G Bay trout full of PCBs. smile.

James its a legal fish. Angler can do as he wishes. You asked he said no so move on.....you know what they say about opinions........

Re: Bass killesterday [Re: WAWI] #12768242 05/24/18 06:57 PM
I
I'm The Dude Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I
Originally Posted By: WAWI
really ? explain.

You take the filets and shake them in a bag with that stuff. Then fry till they float. Really good. I like tarter sauce and lemon personally

WAWI for the win.

Re: Bass killesterday [Re: Frank the Tank] #12768326 05/24/18 08:00 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
We should get together and have a discussion on this topic. Maybe a fish fry?

I'm in Frank but it has to be in a gun free zone and I'll furnish the hushpuppies if you bring the catfish. thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Bass killesterday [Re: Just James] #12768356 05/24/18 08:16 PM
R
Ranger 177 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Im new to forum what I see in this discussion is the difference in a bass fisherman and perch jerkers there seems to be a lot of sarcasm basically smart 😢as in here. A true fisherman would have understood the importance of a fish that size. Let her rip taterchip I assure you I can take your sarcasm

Re: Bass killesterday [Re: K.D.] #12768433 05/24/18 09:09 PM
F
formula462 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: K.D.
10 pages

that's my prediction. this was will hit 10 pages easily before it's over

The amazing Kreskin

Re: Bass killesterday [Re: Just James] #12768445 05/24/18 09:15 PM
Cast Offline